533 articles in category
Page 1 of 18, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 [Next]
- That Day, 2001
I've witnessed eight anniversaries in the U.S. since and the memories are still as vivid, the pain still as fresh.
- Movie Review: Tere Bin Laden - A Brilliant Comedy
A side-splitting comedy/satire, that feeds on the stupidity and prejudice of the US authorities and on the goof-ups of Pakistani intelligence.
- Delusional in Afghanistan
The quagmire in Afghanistan, deepened by the decision to commit 30,000 more soldiers by President Obama is anything but farce.
- International Violence against Women Act Faces Stiff Opposition From Unexpected Quarter
Funding of 1 Billion dollars under I-VAWA will lead to gross Civil Liberties Violations.
- Travel Review: Andrew Jackson's Hermitage Plantation
There were few iconic figures in the mid-nineteenth century in post-Revolutionary America quite like General Andrew Jackson.
- Modi Vis-a-Vis MEA
At last the dust has settled, of course after some tough talks by our MEA officials to their counter parts...
- Pakistan's New Problem
In Pakistan, the US is the most hated country and is often considered to be the top villain in conspiracy theories.
- Capitalism, Socialism and Gasoline
If wishes were horses, commonsense would be jobless!
- Ajmal Kasab And Faisal Shahzad - Double Faults
Why would an educated man with a good job and a family plant a car bomb in Times Square?
- What's Cooking in Uncle Sam's Pot?
What is the total availability of these resources and what can be the lasting solution of mankind’s energy requirements?
- Pakistan's Audacity Of Hope
Pakistan is at the top of its game right now. And the US can neither chew nor spit it at this time.
- Obama's Curse
He is seen as the preacher-in-chief rather than the commander-in-chief.
- Technology Lapses
Technology fails to prove its absoluteness.
- Movie Review: My Name is Khan
The movie is very unkaranjoharly, and the most striking aspect is the simplicity of the story and its fluid narrative.
- Technology Betrayal
Technology is more or less fallible, even useless.
- Shooting At University Of Alabama and The State of Affairs In Academic Research
Frustrations are forever mounting in the academic research setting with no real outlet.
- Drones for Pakistan - a Potential Game Changer
What is all the more striking about this is that being unmanned, these are actually controlled by operators who could be sitting anywhere in the
- The Haiti Earthquake - Do Your Part for Relief
Our World, Your Move - In Haiti
- It Takes Intelligence to Review & Deliver Intelligence
A review of an intelligence review policy paper which is creating waves
- Another Bungled Blow-up: Passengers Safe, Suspect Apprehended
How much more can the airport security be tightened?
- No Cop-out At Copenhagen
Copenhagen climate meet produces some positives
- 2010-11: Crucial Period for South Asia
Mr. Obama's Afghanistan plan has Pakistan as its weakest link which is likely to make the whole region insecure
- Obama's Surge in Afghanistan
Mr. Obama seems to be erring on the side of the carrot with no stick in the background.
- Movie Review: Kurbaan - Typically Stereotypical
Kurbaan proves yet again that Karan Johar is incapable of churning out anything but the worst stereotypes.
- Politics - Going Rogue
Is it the wrong kind of people who go into politics and then perpetrate the hideous culture that has become the hallmark of politics across
- Will Obama be a One-term President?
Can his charm and goodwill work the miracle?
- Change, or the Climate Will Change You!
India needs to gain the strategic and the moral high ground in this game to be a recognized leader of the world. Can we do
- The Symbionese Liberation Army - US Naxalism Nipped in The Bud
The SLA has a lot of interesting parallels to India's Naxalism.
- Nawwab and I: Teflon Hilary
She took their darts. Deflected most. Smiled a lot.
- Bomb Blasts in Peshawar as Hillary Clinton Visits Pakistan
These demons of their own design, as it were, have metastasized beyond recognition.
- Afghanistan: What Next?
If the Americans leave, can the ISI and the Taliban turn the clock back?
- Will Manmohan Get An Economic Nobel?
We are happy this way; this Nobel is quite inconsistent with Eastern values
- President Barack Obama Awarded 2009 Nobel Peace Prize
Another question that lingers in my mind when I hear of the Nobel peace prize is why did Mahatma Gandhi never receive one?
- Nobel Peace Prize 2009: Obama Gets What?
Gandhi did not get it. Obama did. What were the Nobel Committee memebers smoking?
- Roman Polanski, Child Rapist, Supported by Global Film Community
Would they feel the same way if this happened to one of their own near and dear children?
- Memories of 9/11
Over the years some people ask why is 9/11 so important, when innocent people all over the world succumb to bombs all the time.
- Iran Nuclear Issue - Another Attempt at Dialogue
Iran has most likely done the calculation that it will be able to pursue its nuclear quest through a measure of playing one country the
- Lessons From 9/11 for India to Prevent Another 26/11
The Indian media had no hesitations in billing it as India's 9/11
- Poetry: sign of times
the single lane expanded to two / then four...weaving a web across towns / with their main streets / mcdonalds and walmarts
- British Government in Bind Over Release of al Megrahi
Political opponents to Prime Minister Gordon Brown must be smelling blood, seeing a way to tar him with the feather of 'terrorists-for-trade'/
- Torture, Cover-up and the American Civil Liberties Union - A Desi Connection
War Crimes and Crimes against Humanity should not go unpunished.
- Senator Edward Moore "Ted" Kennedy (1932 - 2009)
"The work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives and the dreams shall never die."
- Shahrukh Khan's Detention Drama: Spare Some Thought For non-Muslim Victims
It seems that most kaffirs like me have generally accepted them, because they go through the save regulations on a daily basis, but never make
- Shah Rukh Khan Detained At Newark Airport, USA
The rational explanation is of course that the immigration authorities were only doing their job, and the rules are the same for everyone.
- Justice Radhabinod Pal and Hiroshima
This policy of indiscriminate murder to shorten the war was considered to be a crime.
- Baitullah Mehsud Reported Dead, Succession Contested
Past deals have always led Pakistan into more trouble, with the terrorists seeing such deals as being reflective of the inability of Governments to fight
- A Tale of Two Presidents
Our politicians aided by the media will never discuss serious issues. I have given up hope about our media.
- Pakistan's Phallic Fallacies
Pakistan, its security and the Phallus. Confused? Read on.
- Observer Cronkite Dead: "And that's the way it is."
“Our job is only to hold up the mirror — to tell and show the public what has happened.”
- The New General Motors Emerges From Bankruptcy
It will take an Autobot of gargantuan proportions,much encouragement,and a good dose of luck to bring the new General Motors back to its iconic status.
- Sarah Palin Resigns: Aims to Run for President in 2012
fours years can take an enormous toll on a candidate
- US Troops Withdraw From Key Iraqi Cities
The Government is treating the event as a major watershed in its regaining total control,but it does not really reduce the number of troops in
- After Cairo, Will Obama Back Up His Words With Actions?
Obama is good at making speeches, but can he translate his words into actions?
- The Palin-Letterman Skirmish & A "Biased" Media
The whole charade has made for some very interesting television and media moments.
- Racially Motivated Shooting at US Holocaust Museum
A man armed with a shotgun entered the US Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington D.C this afternoon
- Obama's Speech in Cairo - Reactions on the Ground
A Momentous Event that could transform the course of the History of Our World.
- Out of Many, One: E Pluribus Unum
If we find it in our hearts to take the "next step", then maybe humanity can turn the corner.
- Dr. George Tiller Shot Dead and the Abortion Debate Continues
Dr. Tiller’s murder will make no difference to the abortion debate
- Proposition 8: Disposition Hate
It is unfair that two adults require the approval of an outside world to be in a committed relationship because their sexuality does not appeal
- Barack Obama at Notre Dame: A Touch of Class
I wish I had half his grace, wisdom, patience, empathy and sense of humor.