348 articles in category
Page 1 of 12, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 [Next]
- The Great Indian Drive
Driving in India is like the theory of Karma – do your best and leave the rest to your insurance company.
- Book Review - Gamestorming by Dave Gray, Sunni Brown, and James Macanufo
The book was such an interesting read that I ended up finishing it within two days.
- A-vivek of N-Arundhati
When Narundhati treks through the jungles as a guest of Maoists, her biases ignore the blisters on her city feet.
- Poetry: Beaten But Not Bruised, For Black Stars in 2010
I am here to say what score-lines, statistics will not show, not say
- Photo Essay: Worshipful Company of Makers of Playing Cards
A story on the worshipful company of Makers of Playing Cards
- Why China Needs Double Digit Growth, Part I
The one thing that bites a country that has a lopsided trade balance towards exports is the currency exchange rate.
- India and Pakistan - Future Scenarios
Can such an eventuality occur in the Indian Subcontinent?
- Politics of Identity - A Discussion on the UID Project
The UID project is one of the most ambitious programs in India, without precedence or parallel anywhere in the world.
- China - Censored Growth
China is certainly miles ahead economically and militarily, but India and Indians have their hearts in place.
- China - No More Gimmicks
In recent days, a lot of voices are being heard warning about the Chinese Bubble.
- Solar Eclipse and the Haiti Earthquake
Question is the essence behind scientific discoveries, if brushed aside could become counterproductive to science.
- BRIC Economics - Peering Into The Future
Predictions are powerful because when they are made by influential people they become self-fulfilling prophecie
- Experiments with Truth
Was the Bhoodan Movement "the largest peaceful redistribution of wealth in the human experience"? Do the math.
- Where the BRICs Stand Today
How China, India, Brazil and Russia fare today eight years after the Goldman Sachs' BRIC report - a subjective assessment
- Soft Infrastructure Development: Role of Private Sector
Soft infrastructure systems precede hard infrastructure and are engines of social transformation.
- Nationalization of Indian Banks and the Financial Crisis
Stay away from centralization. Let there be diversity. That is what protects us.
- Chinese Checkers
India has always been an out-of-touch, moralizing country saddled with the morality of Gandhi and the idealisations of Nehru.
- Brand Confusion in Indian Pharma
These brands are akin to the pirated books we get on the foot-path; it has everything other than the rewards reaching the author
- Book Review: The Process of Software Architecting
Terminologies, Project Scenarios and Best Practices
- Dying Rivers: Global Thirst
'Where has all the water gone, one time passing?' Where have so many people come from?
- Climate Change - Opportunities for Change
With urban areas becoming more and more vulnerable, migration will not be a long-term solution.
- Delhi Metro Construction - Compromises and Consequences
Quality norms not followed or weakness in design?
- Book Review: The Data Access Handbook
Achieving optimal database application performance and scalability
- The Power of the Youth
How kids are being involved in financial initiative based charities and helping make the world a better place to be in.
- North Korea Launches Rocket Over Japan
The enfant-terrible of North Korea is up to his old tricks.
- Life in the Mountains of Samaria: Feeling Like a Duck at a Target Shoot
If you have an afternoon to yourself, you can count on some Israeli bureaucrat to find a way to waste it for you.
- Lights Out at the Earth Hour
TERI has been doing all this green stuff long before it became a mantra for the rest of the world.
- Frankenstein or Frankincense Crops?
What do you do for your country's food security? plant GM crops or go rent some farmland in another country? or both?
- Is China a Threat to Indian IT Outsourcing?
Can China really pull deals that are being outsourced to India? Where exactly does it stand in IT Outsourcing?
- Bimaru States In India
The bimaru millstone states around India's neck
- Risk Manager Role With Afghanistan International Bank
Why just an advertisement for a risk manager for an Afghan Bank is a small but good step?
- Going Slow on Highways Development
Unfortunately, this is not the only case where the Congress Government interferes with institutions.
- Book Review: Maria Misra’s Business, Race, and Politics in British India
Managing agencies had so much contempt for Indians and their lack of ‘character’ that they refused to Indianise
- Terrorism - What's Under The Surface?
Terrorism is only a symbol of the sort of world we live inUma Ranganathan
OPINION | Politics: India, Politics: Corruption, Media: Newspapers, Culture: Society, Culture: Social Issues, Culture: Relationships, Culture: Essay, Culture: Education, Culture: City Life, BizTech: Globalization, BizTech: Environment, BizTech: Development, BizTech: Consumers, Politics: War on Terror
- Book Review: Imagining India - Nandan Nilekani
A reader will have to acknowledge the clarity of thoughts that have gone into covering an extraordinarily wide swath of topics.
- Book Review: Hacking VoIP
Protocols, Attacks and Countermeasures
- Swiss Bank Accounts
Ensure the demise of the poor and the few remaining rich can have the earth to themselves
- Ending Coercive Land Acquisition - Creating Options
If this method is so simple, why hasn’t it been tried already for land acquisition?Somik Raha
OPINION | Politics: US, Politics: India, Politics: Governance, Politics: Freedom, Politics: Asia, Culture: Society, Culture: Social Issues, Culture: Philosophy, Culture: Essay, Culture: Education, Culture: Bureaucracy, BizTech: Entrepreneurship, BizTech: Economics, BizTech: Development
- Book Review: Refactoring SQL Applications
The book is a must have for the database practitioners and IT specialists working in this field.
- Book Review: Building Embedded Linux Systems
Concepts, techniques, tricks and traps
- Chandrayaan-I: Money Down the Drain or Time to Celebrate?
How can you quantify the benefits and the advantages of being at the vanguard of space research and exploration?
- Cops, Drug Smugglers, and Picturesque Himachal
Alongside Goa, Rajasthan and Himachal are fast becoming major transit areas for movement of drugs within and outside India.
- Tata Leaves West Bengal, Blames Mamta Banerjee
Not a good omen for Bengal's ability to attract business
- Markham Ice Shelf Breaks Away In Arctic
We can now start seeing the effects of global warming, and as yet, the engines of civilization are still pumping.
- The CFO-CIO Cross-over, Part II
The past and present of the CIO CFO relationship
- Broadband on Batteries
You can’t run a broadband service operating on batteries! It just does not work!
- The Importance of Usability Testing
At this point, everything may seem settled, but it is critically important that this final implementation be evaluated for usability issues.
- Book Review: Database in Depth
One of the important objectives of this book is to clarify the relational theory to practitioners.
- Infected by Inflation
Inflation is a rapidly spreading infection and potentially fatal among the particularly vulnerable.
- Philanthropy - Giving it All Away
Foreign contributions to scores of Indian voluntary organizations, religious groups and charitable institutions every year touch nearly Rs 5,000 crore.