21 articles in category
- The Common Shame Games of India
Could the cause be lack of portable loos near construction sites or just plain resentment on the part of the poor overworked labour class?
- Why Are We So Pathetic As A Sporting Nation?
We were pathetic as a sporting nation when we were kids and would remain so even when our great-grandchildren would be doing their graduation.
- Why is Billion Strong India a Laggard in Sports?
If Indian sportsmen still manage to win so many accolades, it is not because of the system, it is despite the system
- Rio de Janeiro,2016 - Delhi-2020?
Former president Kalam wrote a book India 2020 calling India to modernise itself by 2020. That could be the time announce to the world by
- Could India Host an Impressive Olympics?
Could India hold an Olympics that would flatter, rather than embarrass the nation?
- India Wins Wrestling Bronze in Beijing Olympics
For once, the whole of India is looking up and following the other sports India is faring well in.
- Sporting Bindra, Unsporting India
Everyone wants a piece of Bindra. Nobody cares about the sport in which he competes.
- In a Land of a Billion
The ultimate "winner" is one who knows his skill is matched with strategy
- Abhinav Bindra Wins Gold Medal At The Olympics
SAI needs to take good care of its medal winners, be it at Olympics or at Commonwealth or the Asiad, monetarily and by recognition to
- Beijing Olympics - Indians and Desis Missing in Action
With the Beijing Olympics well under way, we are yet again bombarded with the usual myth-making machines in overdrive.
- Protests and Sport
International sport has always been fertile ground for political protest and dissent.
- China Wants to Repress Olympic Athletes
I have always maintained that it is one of the worst diplomatic decisions to award the Olympics to a country like China.
- Movie Review: The Peaceful Warrior
It convinces without persuasion.
- Interview: Shiva Keshavan, India's Best Luger
At this young age, Keshavan's already a veteran - having taken part in three Winter Olympics and now preparing for his fourth at Vancouver 2010.
- India Offered Formula-1 in 2009
F-1 fans have news to cheer about, but can IOA turn this into reality?
- The Plight Of The Chinese Sportsperson
Two stories from China bring out the obstacles Chinese athletes face.
- Sharad Yadav: "India should not host the Commonwealth Games"
Also, it is too late for Yadav to raise the issue
- The Winter Olympics: Send The Pros Home
I'd rather see a bunch of amateurs try their best and lose, than so – called professionals achieve the same results and steal the spotlight.
- Why Does India Not Win At The Olympics?
With India’s population, it surprises many that India is not a force at the Olympics.
- The Winter Olympics Begins In Turin, Does South Asia Care?
It looks like the Winter Olympics 2006 will be a 'no snow' in South Asia.
If you care for sports, or hate the very idea of physical exercise, express yourself in this open comments space