521 articles in category
Page 1 of 18, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 [Next]
- Champions League T20: Mumbai Indians Outclassed by Highveld Lions
Upsets are what make sports interesting.
- The End of Cricket? Match-Fixing Allegations Tarnish Pakistan
Venal filth has transformed this game of gentlemen into something tawdry and flawed.
- Oh Randiv! The Sehwag No-Ball Controversy
Randiv has apologised. So has Sri Lanka Cricket. Are we still making too much out it?
- Viswanathan Anand Vs Sachin Tendulkar
Both are sports icons of exceptional talent and perhaps one of the best their respective games has ever seen in...
- England Wins the ICC T20 World Cup 2010
England wins the World cup for first time after 35 years and in their 18th attempt.
- Lalit Modi's Effect on Cricket
Every cricket lover beneficiary of the IPL brand should vouch for this maverick man called L K Modi who has made reality of the dream
- IPL 3: Chennai Super Kings Out-class Mumbai Indians
The final over of the IPL final had an inevitability to it, both for the MI and for Lalit Modi.
- BCCI - Cricket's Holy Cow
I wonder why no one is questioning why politicians are "regulating" cricket in India.
- Grapes Unfit For Wine
Almost every middle class sub-conti, or desi, has relatives who live abroad.
- Satire: Indian Female League - A New Venture by Lalli Modi
if Pappu can Dance, then Babes can Bat too.
- Ayesha, Sania, And Dhokha
Should all marriages with Indians or between Indians be formally registered with the state?
- IPL T20 @ Ferozeshah Kotla - Delhi Daredevils vs Rajasthan Royals
Cricket in India can draw more crowds than even Big Bazaar's annual sales
- Lady and the IPL Game
I don't know any woman who likes cricket just for the sport of it.
- Cricket and Beer
Our hopes had already been dashed when I walked in to bat yesterday.
- Chakravyuh 2010, IMT Ghaziabad - Your World Stops Here
This year was my first time and the three days i spent there were really some of the best days of my life.
- Fourth Innings, My Foot!
Its more than just a mere coincidence that, this is the same period when T20 cricket has taken the cricketing world by storm.
- Test Cricket - A Twenty20 Twist
What test cricket really needs, is to have the spice and pace of a T20.
- Indian Cricket - Preserving Pace
Its quite interesting that unlike India, Pakistan and even Sri Lanka keep producing bowlers who bowl consistently over 140 clicks.
- Why is Billion Strong India a Laggard in Sports?
If Indian sportsmen still manage to win so many accolades, it is not because of the system, it is despite the system
- Sachin Tendulkar - God, In All His Glory
What followed was one of the biggest heartbreaks in the boy's life.
- India v Australia: Sachin Tendulkar Delivers In Aces
Today's One-day International showed why it didn't need any revitalization, particularly between two great teams.
- Cricket: Five World Cups In Last Three Years
There have been five so called world cups in last three years in cricket. The common spectator is just fed up with this overfeeding.
- Indian Cricket - The Champions League & The Australia Series
I never believed that this was a good idea and lacks of crowds have proved it. T
- ICC Champions Trophy: India Outclassed by Pakistan
The Indian side was let down by both the bowling and uninspired batting, and this was Pakistan's day to shine.
- ODI Cricket: Then and Now
It is widely acknowledged that ODI cricket is under threat from the ever-increasing popularity of the T20 version of the game.
- India Defeat Sri Lanka in Compaq Cup, Sachin Scores 44th ODI Century
The Indian success streak in world sports continued unabated today in Colombo.
- Sachin Tendulkar - Twenty Years On
What we saw was what we have always seen. True class, from a man who is a credit to the sport he represents.
- Should Rahul Dravid Be Brought Back To The Indian Team?
Despite being a big fan of Dravid, I still think that it is not a correct move to bring him back.
- Pakistan Win ICC Twenty20 Championship 2009
The spirit of cricket was alive and well at Lord's on Sunday.
- ICC Twenty20 Finals: A Fairy Tale of Justice & Resilience
The T20 final tomorrow will go down in the annals of Sport as an outcome of pure divine intervention!
- ICC Twenty20 2009 Semi-final: Pakistan Defeat South Africa
The Pakistan cricket team might not have expected to get this far in a world series, and one would like to believe that at least
- 10 Reasons Why India Lost And Who Is Responsible!
From an MSD Fan.
- ICC Twenty20 2009: India Lose to England, Out of Championship
The final partnership of 63 not out between Dhoni and Pathan just didn't cut it.
- ICC Twenty20 2009: Pakistan Trounce New Zealand
The Pakistan team showed today that they are still a team that cannot be written off by any stretch of the imagination.
- ICC Twenty20 2009: West Indies Defeat India in Super Eights
The unnecessary brouhaha over Virender Sehwag's departure seems to be taking its toll on Indian captain MS Dhoni.
- Royal Challengers of Bangalore Power into IPL 2009 Finals
This was a sweet victory indeed for the Royal Challengers.
- The Knight I Danced
I had said that if Kolkata Knight Riders would go on to win the tournament, I would dance on the streets of Esplanade with Shah
- IPL 2009: Mumbai Take Punjab, Bangalore Crunch Kolkata
In a weekday doubleheader at the Centurion ground, featuring the lower half of the IPL 2009 teams, there was much fine cricket to be had.
- IPL 2009: Mumbai Indians Throw Game Away to Delhi Daredevils
Tendulkar perhaps decided to put his team out of their misery, and bowled the 16th over
- IPL 2009: Bangalore Royal Challengers Outclass Mumbai Indians
The finish was almost never in doubt, and the Mumbai Indians were clearly outclassed in this game.
- IPL 2009: Kolkata Knight Riders Lose to Kings XI Punjab
The game could have gone either way, though, and apart from the poor fielding, there wasn't much to fault the players or the captaincy.
- Can the Kolkata Knight Riders Ride Home to the Ultimate Victory?
When any discussion comes up over the team, I defend it religiously. But then the mind does not believe in the team.
- India Moves to Second Place in ICC ODI Rankings
This gives Gary Kirsten and M S Dhoni good ammunition against critics.
- India-NZ Wellington Test - New Zealand in Trouble on Day Two
This momentum has sustained them quite well on the second day,
- IPL 2009 Moves to South Africa for Security Reasons
This is a wrong move and will affect the image of the country.
- India's New Jersey - Not Lucky? Who Says!
Given the current form of the players, be it the bowlers, the batsmen or the captain, no one would put money on the home side.
- How Should India Respond to the Attack on Pakistan?
India should be concerned with the Lahore Attacks as such attacks can affect our growing economy
- That Sinking Feeling
As much as we would like to break our shackles, we still feel incredibly burdened by our past.
- Indian Cricket - Wear Red Underwear to Win?
Team India lost the first two matches that it played with the new jersey but it is just absurd to blame the new jersey for
- Terrorists Attack Sri Lankan Team In Pakistan
Gunmen in Pakistan targeted the Sri Lankan cricket team which was on its way for a match at Gaddafi stadium.
- Hitting the Summit
It is this aspect that has to be embraced by any team which wants to be number 1.
- Chennai Test: Where The Spirit Stays Alive
The script, couldn't be more perfect. Madras was destined to witness one of the highest run chases in Test history and the highest in India.
- Is Test Cricket Dying in India?
Attack the BCCI as much as you wish but please leave us test cricket followers alone.
- The End of Dadaism
Sourav Ganguly always made life just a little uncomfortable for his would-be admirers.
- Gilchrist, Ponting and Claims of Racism in the Sydney Test Match
What is remarkable is the element of revelation which is implicit in these offerings.
- Ganguly Goes With a Bang
Why do we Indians shy away from praise?