184 articles in category
Page 1 of 7, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 [Next]
- Book Review: The Art of Assembly Language, 2nd Edition
The book comprehensively covers topics from the basic libraries of HLA to advanced arithmetic, macros and string instructions.
- Software Review: Ubuntu 10.04 - Late Night Thoughts
I made a conscious decision to stick to Linux, explore it and I am elated to have Ubuntu "work out of box".
- Book Review: MySQL Admin Cookbook
99 great recipes for mastering MySQL configuration and administration
- Microsoft, Apple, Google - The Battle for Domination
The iPad will be no different, and Apple will continue to weave its net of circumvention yet again.
- Software Review: Seesmic Look - Twitter For The Masses
This does not translate to ubiquity but does increase the curiousness factor
- Book Review: Practical Intrusion Analysis
Prevention and Detection for the Twenty-First Century
- IIM CAT Snafu Continues - Mismanagement and Inconvenience
The first online CAT for the IIMs presented a poor showing for the institutes and the company conducting the test, Prometric.
- Will Manmohan Get An Economic Nobel?
We are happy this way; this Nobel is quite inconsistent with Eastern values
- Technology in Education
How does this software impact/ redefine the role of a teacher-student interaction?
- Book Review: Android Application Development
It is now the flagship software of the open handset alliance(OHA) committed to develop open standards for mobile devices.
- Book Review: Data Warehousing with SAP BW7, BI in SAP Netweaver 2004s
Architecture, Concepts and Implementation
- Book Review: The Art of Concurrency
A thread monkey's guide to writing parallel applications.
- Book Review: The Data Access Handbook
Achieving optimal database application performance and scalability
- Book Review: SQL and Relational Theory
How to write accurate SQL code
- Mozilla Firefox 3.5, Plays Catchup, Sets Stage For Future
We're getting inured to the rapid pace of innovation in browsers, and look for something revolutionary.
- Book Review: Using Google App Engine
Start Building and Running Web Apps on Google's Infrastructure
- Book Review: Cloud Application Architectures
Building applications and infrastructure in the cloud
- Book Review: Gray Hat Python
Python programming for hackers and reverse engineers
- Book Review: Beautiful Teams
Inspiring and cautionary tales from veteran team leaders
- Book Review: 97 Things Every Software Architect Should Know
The book is very much recommended, especially for getting that fresh perspective in situations when nothing seems to be working.
- Book Review Comdex : Computer Course Kit - Windows Vista with Office 2007
A good book to gift someone who is just learning to use computers
- Book Review: Nagios - 2nd Edition
System and Network Monitoring
- Python for Unix and Linux System Administration
Efficient problem solving with Python
- Book Review: Refactoring SQL Applications
The book is a must have for the database practitioners and IT specialists working in this field.
- Book Review: The Art of Debugging
A good book in an area where interest is difficult to inculcate due to widely dispersed documentation.
- Book Review: Intellectual Property and Open Source
The book is as good a reference or as a read to fit an Intellectual Property within the appropriate legal framework.
- Book Review: Android Essentials
The Google Phone is based on the Android platform, which is a software stack for mobile devices including an operating...
- Kindling The E-Book Revolution
Did the Amazon Kindle kindle my enthusiasm for e-books? You betcha!
- Product Review: Google Chrome - The New New Thing
Google seems to bringing order to its cornucopia of services, slowly yet strategically.
- The CFO-CIO Crossover, Part III
The future of the CIO and CFO relationship, some thoughts...
- Photo Essay: Worldwide Photo Walk, Bangalore
Bangalore was the only city in India where the 'Worldwide Photo Walk' was talking place, apart from the other 192 cities across the world.
- The CFO-CIO Cross-over, Part II
The past and present of the CIO CFO relationship
- The CFO-CIO Cross-over, Part I
The first of a series of three essays talking about the relationship between a CIO and CFO
- The Importance of Usability Testing
At this point, everything may seem settled, but it is critically important that this final implementation be evaluated for usability issues.
- Project Management - You Can't Have Your Cake And Eat It Too
How not to lose a client
- Book Review: Database in Depth
One of the important objectives of this book is to clarify the relational theory to practitioners.
- Book Review: The Book of IMAP
IMAP is a more mature version of POP3 allowing users to manipulate operations on their mailboxes stored on the mail server.
- Tech Review: Vysr - A Lookup Bar, Not A Toolbar
It aims to enhance the browsing experience by giving easy access to popular services within the current view of the web page.
- The World Congress of Information Technology 2008, Malaysia
Some thoughts on the discussions at the World Congress of Information TechnologyDr Bhaskar Dasgupta
NEWS | BizTech: Consumers, BizTech: Customer Service, BizTech: Economics, BizTech: Entrepreneurship, BizTech: Gadgets, BizTech: Globalization, BizTech: Innovation, BizTech: Internet, BizTech: Jobs, BizTech: Management, BizTech: Software, BizTech: Web 2.0, Media: Blogs, Media: Citizen Media, Media: Internet, BizTech: Companies
- Attrition And New Recruits
Especially new joinees leave the firm, a little after the embryonic stage of their job career cycle.
- E-Governance and Grassroots Governance
If E-governance is the panacea of the future, it is at places where the public interfaces with the government.
- Book Review: Head First Software Development
A Brain-Friendly Guide to Software Development
- Linux Live CDs: A Convenient Approach to Personal Computing
Live CD based computing offers a paradigm shift from normal routine computing.
- Apple is Wrong About the Safari Update via iTunes
Now, the job of a software updater should be just that - to update software.
- Budget 2008-2009 – A Bird’s Eye View
Why do you want a ‘dream’ budget instead of a ‘working’ budget?
- Book Review: Oracle Essentials, Oracle Database 11g
What you need to know about Oracle database architecture and features
- Installing Ubuntu Linux 7.10, Gutsy Gibbon
Enter the Linux and open source world with South Africa's Ubuntu Linux, 7.10, "Gutsy Gibbon," with these easy install instructions.
- Book Review: The Art of Agile Development
The book introduces another way to implement the software development life cycle.
- Steve Jobs & Quentin Tarantino - The Bad Ass Boys
Violet Blue did the civilized thing of asking permission, Steve went mental anyway
- Helpful Online Tools For Free
Interesting Online Tools which will help in day-to-day activities. Forget bookmarking this at your own risk!
- 'Hotmail' Sabeer Bhatia on The Idea of 'Failure'
Our business leaders are fond of summit-ing only with those who have made it big.
- Book Review: Head First SQL
For us South Asians, this is as close a comparison with Aamir Khan's style of delivering the goods in a honest and imaginative way.
- Open Source Hassles
There are no clear-cut winners here and it only depends on the number of people propping up either side of the divide.
- My $500 iPhone Paperweight from eBay
My iPhone dream remains unfulfilled.
- Tech Review: HP's Halo Video Conferencing
Even if I can replace 20% of that wastage, then I have gained 1 full working day in the office
- Next-Generation Networks - Where's the Vision?
If this is the future of one part of business, then what is the future of financial institutions, network providers,etc.?