42 articles in category
Page 1 of 2, Go to page: 1, 2 [Next]
- Why Do Women Wear Heels?
I'd rather have a man fall for my wit than for the way my hips move
- Rahul Gandhi Takes a Left Turn
What is curious and perhaps dangerous for India, is the garb that Mr. Gandhi decided to wear as the protector of the poor.
- Eat, Pray And Shit The Indian Way
We live in times of quiet desperation and yet find reasons to laugh. That's what India is all about.
- The Floating Generation - Picking Pieces of our Scattered Life
Can we really feel at home even if we are back?
More than 77% of our country's population lives on less than 20 Rs per day. This is not any...
- Maturity Is An Age Thing
You can put a kid on the fast track but you can't make him an adult before his time.
- Do Gadgets Obscure Observation?
What was confirmatory earlier has become perfunctory for doctors now
- A Well Connected Generation
Shoaib Malik gave a new dimension to this ubiquitous device.
- Tharoor, Sania, IPL, and Other National Distractions
People in public office should focus their attention on matters of public concern rather than being a constant distraction, twittering their foibles or phoning them
- Satire: Indian Female League - A New Venture by Lalli Modi
if Pappu can Dance, then Babes can Bat too.
- Understanding Homophobia
To tackle something, it's necessary to understand its origins, isn't it?
- Indians in the USA – Their Racial Perspectives
What explains the racism of Indian immigrants to African Americans in the USA?
- A Lesson Finally Learned
The Ray household does not acquire gadgets in haste.
- Should Marriage be Abolished?
Should family be replaced by Commune?
- Ideart: Good Karma, Bad Medicine
The best way to communicate this thought may be visual and not verbal.
- Spring-ing a Surprise
Confronted with a pile from my latest indiscretions, I make yet another “no more shopping, I have enough” resolution.
- Twitter Fiction: Twocial Etiquette
“Social boo-boo, telling someone you don’t follow them on Twitter.”
- February Unleashed
It had now been scientifically proven what we have known all along.
- One Day, This Too Will Pass
Memories remain and then they too fade away.
- Nawwab and I: Invisible Chastity Belts
And with good marketing campaign you can sell it to both men and women.
- The New Year Post
At times, it seems the process of New Year wishing has become so mechanical.
- Focus is the Key
Multi tasking is in, but it is a myth. We just do one thing at a time, fast. The conscious policy of focus has advantages
- Haagen-Dazs - Ice Cream or Creaming The Indian Hide?
The Haagen-Dazs fiasco has implications, both for Foreign Companies and for "Emerging" India.
- From Japaratinga - The Healing Poison
The frog with the healing touch
- The Song of the Infidel
Looking for Divinity in an Age of one night stands
- Mont Blanc Mahatma
A culture that can sell anything!
- Nawwab and I: Going Green or Black and Red
t: Tell me N why are politicians called lotas?
- Tweeting the Kampala Riots: Access to Information
There is a gap in communication and there are ways to be able to fix that. You could easily be in the wrong place
- To The Cynics With Love: An Ode to Twitter
The many ways Twitter is being used today, and a few answers to the most common criticisms.
- Mumbai Queer Azadi Pride 2009 - The Right to be Happy
"If it is Love, God wouldn't mind; there is enough Hate in this world"
- Movie Review: New York
What was more interesting was that the underlying message, the underlying viewpoint on terrorism was not hammered into you.
- Climate Change - Opportunities for Change
With urban areas becoming more and more vulnerable, migration will not be a long-term solution.
- A New Intelligence: The Only Hope for this World
The hope faor a better world would not come from 'chronic mind chatter' that ails humankind today leading to wars and crime.
- Fiction: Twitter Rendezvous With @GanjuGanesh
GanjuGanesh: @DeeptiLamba That is nice. U two tweet together and my parents meditate together.
- Violence Inc. When Are We Shutting It Down In This Country?
The author, through a personal tale of childhood horror, describes the scars inflicted upon the psyche of children growing up in regions infested with Violence.
- Surnames, Globalization, and More
It is high time countries all over the world ditched the notion that every name should consist of a surname and a given name.
- The Obsession with Cleanliness
Are we, in the developed world, moving towards a state of unnecessary cleanliness?
- Revisiting the Pakistani Grand Narrative
The national narrative is fused with a prescribed religious bent that, just like any other major grand ideology, insists on its own universality and absoluteness.
- Watching An Indian Soap: Choti Bahu
An entire world of make belief made "real"