400 articles in category
Page 1 of 14, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 [Next]
- Looking Afresh at Kashmir - Intrinsic, Prudential or Systemic?
Every academic argument made so far has already been made before, and tried in some way, shape or form.
- Salman Khan's Experiments With Intellectualism
Sallu-mian has learned his lesson, which I think he won’t forget in a hurry. But a larger lesson is to be learned by a whole
- Our Prime Minister Is Not Losing His Sleep Anymore
Conspiracy or no conspiracy, things are not going the way they should and I have my concerns.
- That Day, 2001
I've witnessed eight anniversaries in the U.S. since and the memories are still as vivid, the pain still as fresh.
- The Colours of Terrorism
The common thread is only terror, and the primary responsibility of the Home minister is to safeguard the public from any form of terror.
- Pakistan's New Problem
In Pakistan, the US is the most hated country and is often considered to be the top villain in conspiracy theories.
- Terrorism: Let Us Get to The Negotiating Table
Continuing the old Policy of an Eye for an Eye, will be foolishness. We need to invite them to the table, find a Golden Truce
- Satire: Meeting Your Maker Made Easy
India offers a unique blend of traditional and modern ways of making this trip, aided in part by our friendly neighbours.
- A Killing That Would Be Most Foul
The matter of Afzal Guru's death sentence is back in the news with Shiela Dixit...
- Ajmal Kasab And Faisal Shahzad - Double Faults
Why would an educated man with a good job and a family plant a car bomb in Times Square?
- Nobody Cares About The Tribals or Our Jawans
Let us move to Reconstruction and circumvent the Civil War.
- Technology Lapses
Technology fails to prove its absoluteness.
- Drones for Pakistan - a Potential Game Changer
What is all the more striking about this is that being unmanned, these are actually controlled by operators who could be sitting anywhere in the
- Jihad and the Indian Home Minister
The Indian Minister's pronouncements on Jihad were not strictly accurate...
- Modern Terrorism & The Christian Insurgency in Islamic Spain
The beginnings of the resistance to Moorish conquest of Spain is explored and the impact the reconquista has on current terrorist ideology.
- Exchange Ajmal Kasab for Sarabjit Singh
Does it make sense to pardon a criminal to save another life?
- Another Bungled Blow-up: Passengers Safe, Suspect Apprehended
How much more can the airport security be tightened?
- Pakistan’s Insider Jobs?
To turn against one’s own country and work for an enemy organization, one has to be embittered to the core.
- Politics - Pigs At The Trough
We never did it under the socialist era when they ate into the coffers and made the country bankrupt and we didn't ask why the
- 26/11 - 'One India' is an Overstatement, Solidarity a Farce
Please stop talking about this myth of one India. Our solidarity is very selective and selfish
- Movie Review: Kurbaan - Typically Stereotypical
Kurbaan proves yet again that Karan Johar is incapable of churning out anything but the worst stereotypes.
- Mumbai - One Year After
Never has the “Proud to be an Indian” comment raised so much controversy.
- Bombay Burning
If something like this could happen to any city, it would be to Bombay, and it would be to these sites of great emotional resonance.
- Publicity from Audacity
As if the trauma suffered wasn't enough, to be put through a revision of those events can only be seen as sheer opportunism and nothing
- Mumbai, I Bequeath My Death
I bequeath my death to many a death Many a hurt And the sky that bled
- The Symbionese Liberation Army - US Naxalism Nipped in The Bud
The SLA has a lot of interesting parallels to India's Naxalism.
- Smoking, Cancer and Maoism
For the Maoists the cause is secondary, but the enemy is primary - the establishment.
- Nawwab and I: Teflon Hilary
She took their darts. Deflected most. Smiled a lot.
- Bomb Blasts in Peshawar as Hillary Clinton Visits Pakistan
These demons of their own design, as it were, have metastasized beyond recognition.
- Maoists Take Rajdhani Drivers Hostage in India
The Maoists have reportedly set demands for the release of key leaders of the PCPA as a precondition to set the train drivers free.
- Memories of 9/11
Over the years some people ask why is 9/11 so important, when innocent people all over the world succumb to bombs all the time.
- Lessons From 9/11 for India to Prevent Another 26/11
The Indian media had no hesitations in billing it as India's 9/11
- Kashmir: Propagation of Islam and the Terror of the Sufis
"Islam came to Kashmir through the peaceful missionary preaching of the Sufis," comes the answer. But the truth is quite opposite and gory.
- Kandahar - What is Mr. Advani Really Scared Of?
What part of Kandahar is Advani really scared about?
- Shahrukh Khan's Detention Drama: Spare Some Thought For non-Muslim Victims
It seems that most kaffirs like me have generally accepted them, because they go through the save regulations on a daily basis, but never make
- Terrorist Freed on "Humanitarian" Grounds
The man responsible for the 1988 explosion of Pam Am Flight 103, which murdered 270 people, has been released from prison.
- Book Review: Delhi, A Novel by Khushwant Singh
"Kaun jaaye Zauq par, Dilli ki Galiyan chhod kar"
- Movie Review: New York
What was more interesting was that the underlying message, the underlying viewpoint on terrorism was not hammered into you.
- Let Our People Go Home- Mano Ganesan Sri Lanka MP
Do not wait until the arm of tyranny taps your door. Be on your alert. Get together. Join hands.
- Has Terrorism Robbed us of our Humanity?
Terrorism targets the fabric of a Civilized society trying to ignite the fires of Revenge,Anger, & a thirst for Blood in the hearts of unsuspecting
- Baitullah Mehsud Reported Dead, Succession Contested
Past deals have always led Pakistan into more trouble, with the terrorists seeing such deals as being reflective of the inability of Governments to fight
- Nawwab and I: Have You Adopted a Terrorist Lately?
You will learn what led to Kasab's confession
- Terrorism is Here to Stay
Terrorism is here to stay. The faster we accept that, the better we may be able to deal with it.
- Hang Kasab
Kasab is what evil is all about and there is only one way to deal with evil - respond with righteous fury and just sentence.
- Celebrity of the Year - Ajmal Amir Kasab
All thanks to our glorious Indian Judicial System and a babbling Media, Kasab has become nothing short of a famous figure.
- NSG Security Cover Withdrawn By Home Ministry
I thought the one person who needed security cover the most was our poor old LS Speaker!
- Virtually Real - How Life Imitates Art
Mistaking reality for fantasy can be dangerously explosive
- Delhi Police Cleared in Batla House Terrorist Encounter
Politicians of different hues jumped on the case, given that it involved police vs. minority issues.
- Forgive Kasab! Hate his Sin, Not the Sinner!
A man, you and I, are worst monsters in our personal lives! Let's not forget that! Don't condone the Sin, but condone the Sinner, let
- Pakistan's Phallic Fallacies
Pakistan, its security and the Phallus. Confused? Read on.
- Indian Government Bans Maoists as Terrorist Organization
The Naxal/Maoist menace has plagued a large swathe of central India for a long while.
- Is The Demand For Eelam Valid? A Response to Tamilnet's Question
Just as the ends don't justify the means, the means also don't justify the ends.
- Sri Lankan Tamils
Sri Lanka should create an environment where Tamils regain their identity, their pride, and their culture.
- Sri Lanka: An Opportunity for Love
An obscene display of celebration will only rub into the wounds of the Tamil people
- Velupillai Prabhakaran Dead?
With Prabhakaran dead, there is a very good chance of peace returning to Sri Lanka .
- India Elections, Burma Failure, Sri Lanka Conflict Mismanagement
What has this world come to, that the UK and the US have to go on their knees to beg Sri Lanka to stop their
- Movie Review: Oliver Stone's W.: An Unexpected Bush Biopic
W. is a film that provides insight into the psyche of a man whom people have already judged and learned to dismiss
- Pakistan Finally Fights Back Against Taliban
Out of pressure, or out of conviction?