Politics: War on Terror
285 articles in category
Page 1 of 10, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 [Next]
- That Day, 2001
I've witnessed eight anniversaries in the U.S. since and the memories are still as vivid, the pain still as fresh.
- Movie Review: Tere Bin Laden - A Brilliant Comedy
A side-splitting comedy/satire, that feeds on the stupidity and prejudice of the US authorities and on the goof-ups of Pakistani intelligence.
- Delusional in Afghanistan
The quagmire in Afghanistan, deepened by the decision to commit 30,000 more soldiers by President Obama is anything but farce.
- Terrorism: Let Us Get to The Negotiating Table
Continuing the old Policy of an Eye for an Eye, will be foolishness. We need to invite them to the table, find a Golden Truce
- Ajmal Kasab And Faisal Shahzad - Double Faults
Why would an educated man with a good job and a family plant a car bomb in Times Square?
- Religion - A Powerful Weapon To Tackle Maoists
When the tribal people suffer due to ignorance, the Government suffers due to its prejudice.
- Shaikh Dr Tahir ul-Qadri Issues Anti-Terrorism Fatwa Without Teeth
Following the global anti-terrorism Fatwa launched in London it's time the public (including Muslims) question the motives of these "advisors".
- Technology Lapses
Technology fails to prove its absoluteness.
- Movie Review: My Name is Khan
The movie is very unkaranjoharly, and the most striking aspect is the simplicity of the story and its fluid narrative.
- Technology Betrayal
Technology is more or less fallible, even useless.
- Drones for Pakistan - a Potential Game Changer
What is all the more striking about this is that being unmanned, these are actually controlled by operators who could be sitting anywhere in the
- It Takes Intelligence to Review & Deliver Intelligence
A review of an intelligence review policy paper which is creating waves
- Jihad and the Indian Home Minister
The Indian Minister's pronouncements on Jihad were not strictly accurate...
- Modern Terrorism & The Christian Insurgency in Islamic Spain
The beginnings of the resistance to Moorish conquest of Spain is explored and the impact the reconquista has on current terrorist ideology.
- Exchange Ajmal Kasab for Sarabjit Singh
Does it make sense to pardon a criminal to save another life?
- Mdantsane Spaza - Poems of Mdantsane
death has no color here in peaceful mdantsane
- Desi Sensibilities Kurbaan-ed
Indian cinema can help citizens of this planet to reflect on these issues with compassion and logic.
- Book Review: The Men Who Stare at Goats by Jon Ronson
Even Ronson mentions that he felt like a conspiracy nut asking certain queries about subliminal messages, torture using music etc.
- Running With the Hare and Hunting With the Hounds
How many people in 1980 ever thought that the Berlin wall would come down one day?
- Afghanistan: What Next?
If the Americans leave, can the ISI and the Taliban turn the clock back?
- Mdantsane, Poems of a Township
what is liberation so precious now
- Iranian President Ahmadinejad Denies The Holocaust Again
The evidence is overwhelming, and people really have to be dumb to declare it a myth.
- Lessons From 9/11 for India to Prevent Another 26/11
The Indian media had no hesitations in billing it as India's 9/11
- Seeing Islam in the Right Political Perspective
Concepts like 'Right to ridicule' are as much alien to the Islamic world as the concept of 'Group rights' is to the Western world.
- Beyond Words
There is an immense treasure of Intelligence within and out there, that lies beyond the knowledge of books and beyond the chatter of our own
- British Government in Bind Over Release of al Megrahi
Political opponents to Prime Minister Gordon Brown must be smelling blood, seeing a way to tar him with the feather of 'terrorists-for-trade'/
- Love, Bollywood & Sufism
Islam/Sufism helped me regain my own path and Faith i.e. Hinduism.
- Torture, Cover-up and the American Civil Liberties Union - A Desi Connection
War Crimes and Crimes against Humanity should not go unpunished.
- Shahrukh Khan's Detention Drama: Spare Some Thought For non-Muslim Victims
It seems that most kaffirs like me have generally accepted them, because they go through the save regulations on a daily basis, but never make
- Terrorist Freed on "Humanitarian" Grounds
The man responsible for the 1988 explosion of Pam Am Flight 103, which murdered 270 people, has been released from prison.
- Shah Rukh Khan Detained At Newark Airport, USA
The rational explanation is of course that the immigration authorities were only doing their job, and the rules are the same for everyone.
- Has Terrorism Robbed us of our Humanity?
Terrorism targets the fabric of a Civilized society trying to ignite the fires of Revenge,Anger, & a thirst for Blood in the hearts of unsuspecting
- Baitullah Mehsud Reported Dead, Succession Contested
Past deals have always led Pakistan into more trouble, with the terrorists seeing such deals as being reflective of the inability of Governments to fight
- Hang Kasab
Kasab is what evil is all about and there is only one way to deal with evil - respond with righteous fury and just sentence.
- Why India Should Not Hang Ajmal Kasab
We will not allow Kasab to turn into a martyr! We will allow him time and the opportunity to change his ideology and reform, as
- Virtually Real - How Life Imitates Art
Mistaking reality for fantasy can be dangerously explosive
- Delhi Police Cleared in Batla House Terrorist Encounter
Politicians of different hues jumped on the case, given that it involved police vs. minority issues.
- Forgive Kasab! Hate his Sin, Not the Sinner!
A man, you and I, are worst monsters in our personal lives! Let's not forget that! Don't condone the Sin, but condone the Sinner, let
- Pakistan's Phallic Fallacies
Pakistan, its security and the Phallus. Confused? Read on.
- Remembering 7/11 Mumbai Bomb-blasts Three Years On
Now that they know, what have they done? Calling the terrorists cowards from their ivory towers hasn't solved a thing.
- US Troops Withdraw From Key Iraqi Cities
The Government is treating the event as a major watershed in its regaining total control,but it does not really reduce the number of troops in
- Obama's Speech in Cairo - Reactions on the Ground
A Momentous Event that could transform the course of the History of Our World.
- Sri Lanka: An Opportunity for Love
An obscene display of celebration will only rub into the wounds of the Tamil people
- India Elections, Burma Failure, Sri Lanka Conflict Mismanagement
What has this world come to, that the UK and the US have to go on their knees to beg Sri Lanka to stop their
- Movie Review: Oliver Stone's W.: An Unexpected Bush Biopic
W. is a film that provides insight into the psyche of a man whom people have already judged and learned to dismiss
- Tamil Camps, Kanishka Cover Up, Ballistic Turbans
How many more cover ups will emerge on the worst terror attack on Canadians?
- Pakistan Finally Fights Back Against Taliban
Out of pressure, or out of conviction?
- Is Pakistan going the Iran Way?
A Taliban Ruled, Sunni Fundamentalist, Nuclear Armed Pakistan Is A Distinct Possibility. Please Panic!
- Afghanistan's Shia Marriage Law - A Cleric's Justification and Other Issues
Forcing Afghanistan to adopt western standards may prove to be costly
- Talibanization of Pakistan: Realizing the Dreams of Founding Fathers
Progressive Muslim intellectuals, either out of their ignorance or dishonesty, claim that Pakistan's founding fathers had dreamt of a secular state.
- What Goes for the Terrorist Goose Doesn't Go For the Terrorist Gander
At Uncle Sam's place, why do supporters of some terrorist groups get away scot free?
- Ajmal Kasab - Trial and Error
Should we have to decide the weight of a case based on its weight?
- Osama Bin Laden is not a Terrorist
Unless we stop eulogizing terrorism and terrorists on class, creed, religious and ethnic lines, we cannot dream of eradicating it from our country and our
- How Can We Fight Islamic Fundamentalism?
Mud-wrestling with a pig is not a good idea.
- Book Review: Charlie Wilson's War by George Crile
If it were not for the unintended consequences, and if it were not all real, Charlie Wilson's War makes for a 'fun' read.
- Whose God is Great? Another Carnage in Lahore
The killings go on. The blame game goes on. And more killings go on.
- Obama Administration Abandons Usage of 'Enemy Combatants'
Obama change more of terms rather than policy
- Tension in Pakistan - Where Will This Lead?
Pakistan is again in the middle of incredible political turmoil, something that the country thought it had escaped from.