Media: Films - Tamil
27 articles in category
- Movie Review: Raavanan - Read Amar Chitra Katha Instead
Have we become pathological remixers?
- Khushboo and Odor
The crux of the issue is not morality, but freedom of speech
- The Crisis in Sri Lanka: Canada's Role
Do we have an appetite to see the world beyond Iraq and Afghanistan? If so, this could be Canada's moment.
- Movie Review: Kuselan
if you are a die hard Rajni fan, please do not go to the movies trusting him to make his appearance any time soon.
- Book Review: Sivaji Ganesan's Autobiography of an Actor
A no holds barred interview with a Tamil icon
- Movie Review: Varalaru - Good Actors Making Bad Choices
When will the so-called 'stars' would actually realise what amazing pull they have and use it to actually do some good?
- Book Reading Statistics in the USA
58% of the US adult population never reads another book after high school. Shocking?
- Movie Review: Shivaji, the Boss
For the next week we went tapping on our heads like Shivaji, the Boss!!
- How To Deal With Surveys
Some tips on how to deal with so many contradictory surveys making the rounds
- Movie Review: Sivaji The Boss
Packaging aside, this movie is pure Masala. So what?
- Watching Sivaji In Silicon Valley
No wonder, he still is the Boss, at least in the Tamil Film Industry !
- Living through the Sivaji and Rajinikanth Mania in Chennai
The promise of success for the good that his movies provide are the intoxicant of the masses which sustains their sanity and provides hope and
- Sivaji The Boss: Sudden Emergence of a Massive Film
Showcasing India's top star?
- Movie Review: Aparachit - A Different Anti-Corruption Movie
Pretty slick though.
- Take Two: Movies We Love
Aditi Nadkarni, Beth Watkins, Amrita Rajan, DesiGirl and Sakshi Juneja on the movies they love: Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron, Parvarish, Bandini, Mouna Ragam and Chaalbaaz
- Paruthiveeran: A Movie of Real Class
My review on recent Tamil hit movie Paruthiveeran
- Movie Review: Pachai Kili Muthu Charam
Despite the niggling flaws, I rather like this movie - mainly for the rather mature and clean approach to extramarital affairs.
- Technology: The World is Your Market (Part 1 of 2)
Technology can bridge the gap between the real world and the digital world
- Hollywood, Bollywood and Kollywood in the Last Three Decades
Movies of a particular era shape the thinking, style & culture of that era.
Rahman's popularity can be attributed to his alchemist's ability to take what we already know and transmute it into something rich and strange.
- Movie Review: What Nayakan Means To Me
Nayakan is a permanent memorial to their efforts, and, like all else about this film, a great one.
- Movie Review: Virumaandi
Kamal is himself earthily enthusiastic although his acting solidity cannot make up for the fact that he is too old for this role.
- Interview: A Conversation With Meghana Karthik, Director Gautham Menon's Assistant
There are beautiful places in India and there is no reason why we cannot shoot here!
- Movie Review: Vallavan: Melodrama of the Twisted Kind
Simbhu sets his directorial debut in the formative and vulnerable years between adolescence and adulthood.
- Remaking Movies? There's Nothing, Nothing To It!
Though it was just an old story rehashed, NVNV managed to sustain the audience's interest due to its treatment and the casting.
- Movie Review: Unakkum Enakkum (Something Something)
Almost everything tells me that the movie is fake. But darn it, it's watchable too.
- Actress, Dancer Padmini Passes Away - A Salute To The Doyenne of South Indian Cinema
Padmini was to dance what M.S Subbulakshmi was to Carnatic music.