169 articles in category
Page 1 of 6, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 [Next]
- Gifts Men Should Not Give Women
I'm not urging men not to splurge on their women. Just don't spend your money buying "things."
- Book Review: Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
The book guides you towards the way to cross over your sadness, your sorrows, your loneliness
- Movie Review: Amen
AMEN touched on internet hookups, rape, incest, child abuse, trust issues and love, in addition to homosexuality.
- Falling in Love
I wanted her to see how one could fall in love.
- parvana chand
ish'q bhee tu, aashiq bhee tu / pyar bhee tu, pari bhee tu
- The Feminist Hangover
Who’s going to rescue the world now that Superwoman has ousted Superman and killed the collaboration?
- Fiction: The Morning After
Survival first is the metropolitan mantra.
- The World Of Straight & Gay-Friendly
Should homosexuality be a deal-breaker in a straight relationship?
- Fiction: Bitter Coffee
She preferred espresso shots but he couldn't stand their acrid taste.
- Ten Dating Don'ts For Men
Animals do it, insects do it and human men do it too. Only don’t go on and on about it.
- Twitter Fiction: Twocial Etiquette
“Social boo-boo, telling someone you don’t follow them on Twitter.”
- Twitter Fiction: Equal Sins
“The instant generation….Instant food, instant love.”
- Poem: Everlasting Night
As this everlasting night lapses into silence Our hearts lit with moonlight, eyes sparkling that light, We waggle together with this voiceless...
- Marital Bliss - Happily Ever After?
From Gangtok to Ooty, Kanyakumari to Kalimpong , there was no escaping them.
- Book Review: What Men Think About Sex - Guilt-Reading
I hate it when writers pull stunts like that, making a book sound like something else in its title.
- Should The Girl Ask The Guy Out?
Being the woman taking charge means one is playing an unusual role and there’s ample scope to be misunderstood
- Fiction: The Cry Of The Pecker
He was a horny 60 year old bastard lusting after a 36 year old woman.
- The Song of the Infidel
Looking for Divinity in an Age of one night stands
- Book Review: The Poison Tree - Planted and Grown in Egypt
A Single Independent Egyptian Woman's take on Love and Relationships.
- What Is Love? Part 2
I honestly don't know what "true love" refers to. Love in itself is true.
- The "It's Complicated" Relationship
Hell, I feel like ‘It’s complicated’ applies even to my career.
- What Is Love?
Why does the heart feel so empty without love? Why does existence seems so hollow and meaningless without it?
- Chances, Choices, and Chemistry
The secret code I use to refer to the process of meeting an eligible bachelor is 'A tray session'
- Movie Review: Love, Aaj Kal - So How, Aaj Kal?
When men of my generation were in their youth, they were seriously traumatized by "Fatal Attraction"
- Love, Bollywood & Sufism
Islam/Sufism helped me regain my own path and Faith i.e. Hinduism.
- Mumbai Queer Azadi Pride 2009 - The Right to be Happy
"If it is Love, God wouldn't mind; there is enough Hate in this world"
- Fiction: The Telephone Preference Service
Thankfully Nimisha could cope and didn't sit around moping.
This is a humorous script in dialogues between a boy and a girl in a park. He is a narcissist and a stalker too.
- Too Many Questions & Not Enough Trust
And yet, for all their conversations, their marriage has started off on trust being questioned and ends with it being betrayed.
- There Lies No Heart Beneath The Surface
She was a cold wasteland in the midst of a lush thriving jungle.
- Manguide: How Alcohol Is Like A Man
Wine - The charmer, the one who woos you with chocolates and poetry.
- Poetry: Calcutta Days
those were calcutta days...
- Ineffable Serenity, Part 5
"I know but I love you," I said, putting my chin on her shoulder.
- Ineffable Serenity, Part 4
Lucknow was looking beautiful in the morning like a gorgeous woman with wet hair.
- Comic: Zen And The Art Of Ice-cream Cones
- A Remembrance and a Review - A Way Through the Woods - Aminuddin Khan
I remember the hospitality of the tea estates - sitting around the fire place, the chota peg at 4 pm ...
- Movie Review: Ugli aur Pagli: Love, a Little Twisted!
Why can't love stories just be simple, warm and fuzzy?
- Book Review: Starfishing by Nicola Monaghan
Nicola Monaghan is one hell of a story-teller, holding your suspense till the end.
- Poetry: Muse
Is thirst nothing more than a dream of water then?
- Comic Strip: It's Not A Lie If It Makes Someone Happy
Well, what else is a woman to do?
- Relationship Lawlessness & Social Criminals
The social mores dictated that he not go any further unless he was intending to take it forward seriously.
- Fiction: Matched Frequencies
Now she, the mother of a young daughter, was blushing like a school girl, who was in love for the first time.
- Celebrating Love - The Desicritics Valentine's Day Contest Winners
What I found most surprising was this strong animosity toward Valentine's Day written about or felt by the authors.
- Free Hugs: The Triumph of Love and Peace
A lot of the younger generation (read MY generation) eventually understood our purpose and came to us either to encourage us or to hug us.
- Happy Valentine's Day
Love Unconditionally - The motto for this V-Day.. So hug the moral policemen!
- Valentine's Day: Love Expressed On Desicritics
Love makes us pause and smell the roses, enjoy the caress or maybe for once realize that we have much to be grateful for no
- Fiction: Twists Of Love
He gave a restrained smile. He wasn't going to lay it all out in the open. Not yet. He had his dignity and he was,
- Heard the Divine Music of Love Lately?
Suddenly, a vision from heaven steps in front of you, and divine music plays. But is she The One?
- Love Remembered
My grandma put her hand against her mouth as she tried to control her laughter and I glimpsed the happy girl she had once been.
- Poornamadah Poornamidam - You Can't Give Love Away
This love is borne of wisdom, not of hormones.
- The Desicritics Valentine's Day Contest - Celebrating Love
We will celebrate love in all its shades.
- Book Review : The Jewel of Medina
Is it ethical to write a book which caricatures a person who is the cornerstone of a particular religion?
- The Emotion Analyzer
Personally I don't see any problem in being analytical about relationships. After all, your emotions are your most valuable resource.
- Chick Lit
I still have trouble accepting the term 'chick' to describe me or any woman I know.
- Fiction: An Office Incident
A team leader was scared of reporting a one year old programmer who had the audacity to sexually harass her.
- Book Review: It’s the Night for Love
Love: the orchid of the East, so delicate to ingress the hummingbird’s sensitive tongue. Or the delicate Western rose so red as lips.