28 articles in category
- Where Are The Feel Good Female Magazines?
We crave good political commentary or maybe we just want to see Rahul Gandhi or Omar Abdullah centerfolds wearing nothing more than their legendary pouts.
- Khushboo and Odor
The crux of the issue is not morality, but freedom of speech
- Barkha Dutt And NDTV, The Joke Is On You!
So Chyetanya Kunte is the latest victim of media intimidation. I'm not going to rehash the same excellent...
- Poessay: On Writer's Block
Sit down. Roll out a fresh sheet or turn on a fresh page on the laptop. Look around. Start writing. Don't stare.
- The Onion Jokes About Indian Call Centers And Malaria
At what point does a joke stops being funny?
- A Weekend With Madhu Kishwar
Ms. Kishwar believes that the key to fighting poverty lies in unleashing the talents and energies of the poor that have been kept suppressed by
- Blogging and Journalism: Amongst the Best the Line is Blurry
The best among both are well grounded in facts, clear, lucid, precise, objective and write for the target audience.
- Media Review: Damazine - A Literary Journal From Damascus, Syria
A journal that hopes to foster a new dialogue
- Is The Guardian Seeing Pink Elephants?
It is inexcusable when a popular media form chooses to propagate cultural ignorance.Aditi Nadkarni
OPINION | Culture: Society, Culture: Social Issues, Culture: Religion, Culture: Magazines, Politics: Censorship, Politics: Freedom, Politics: India, Politics: Religion, Culture: The Writing Life, Culture: Travel, Culture: Holidays and Observances, Media: Journalism, Media: Magazines, Media: Internet, Media: Newspapers, Media: News, Culture: Desi, Culture: Education, Culture: Festivals, Politics: Peace
- Does Designer Wear Make Us Feminists? Marie Claire Thinks So
The latest issue of Marie Claire had me in splits this month.
- BlogWorld & New Media Expo - Blogs Go Mainstream
Be a part of this comprehensive blogging convention, the BlogWorld & New Media Expo.
- Reinventing Nilgiri's Media
As a community media initiative The Local is the best thing that has happened to Nilgiris in a long time.
- The Ugly Face Of Internet Plagiarism - WeCite Busted!
A Pakistani ezine busted for mass plagiarism, including one article from Blogcritics.
- Puppy Love And The Ethics Of Star TV
Any two-bit media house can boost its TRPs by painting a non-issue with the communal paintbrush.Sandeep
OPINION | Media: Magazines, Media: News, Media: Newspapers, Media: Television, Politics: Corruption, Politics: Freedom, Politics: India, Politics: Laws, Media: Journalism, Media: Internet, Culture: Desi, Culture: Essay, Culture: Magazines, Culture: Religion, Culture: Social Issues, Culture: Society, Culture: Urban, Media: Blogs, Politics: Religion
- Internet Etiquette: The Bawlers Vs The Moderators
Web 2.0 is made up of ordinary people, who wish to add their voice to the Web's evolving conversation for the sheer love of it.
- V.K Krishna Menon: True To Himself
Menon may have only been guilty of being hard to understand and fiercely independent
- Satire: JAM Magazine Apologizes
JAM Magazine has a lot to be sorry for...
- Estimated 650,000 Iraqis Die In US War On Iraq
"There have been 654,965 excess Iraqi deaths as a consequence of the war, which corresponds to 2.5% of the population..."
- One Agonizingly Long Morning in the Life of a Book Lover
It’s not easy - to live with books; to read all the books you buy; to decide which book to read today.
- Magazine Review: Travel + Leisure South Asia
The glossy travel magazine filled with exquisite photographs is a sight for sore eyes.
- At War With War & Peace - How I Struggled With The Great Classic And Realized That Some Books Remain Unconquered
We don’t happen to books; books happen to us. A memoir of growing up with Leo Tolstoy’s classic novel on Russia.
- Once Was India Today
What has happened to India's No.1 news magazine? How did a journal, known as India's answer to Time, plummet to such depths?
- International Integration And Other Stories From Kanpur
One symbol of sin during those simpler times was Debonair, the famous (men's) magazine brought out from Bombay.
- Desicritics Editors' Picks-- July 10-July 23
If you were away here are some articles you may want to read.
- Magazine Review: The Indian American
Depending on how the vision for the magazine pans out, it could serve as a forum that gathers the Indian diaspora.