312 articles in category
Page 1 of 11, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 [Next]
- Poessay: Upset Stomach: Discordance, Disconnect and Dichotomy
when the current died the stillness could be cut with stares (and forks)
- poetry: hello, hello?
violence is distasteful, and gory, peace is unfathomable
- poetry: tongue tied
there are times when neither nature nor nurture is helpful
- How To Write Better
Treat your final draft as a piece of rock ready to be sculpted.
- Poetry: Head and Heart
from her, herd, hard, heart to her
- Greek Synod Condemns Mass in Modern Greek
In this day and age, there are still people who complain about translations of religious texts.
- Poetry: playing with ink
ink, kink, hink and think
- Poessay: Five Letter B Words Part II
Words express, emote, soothe, guide, communicate.
- Poessay: Five Letter B Words Part I
Older women portraying two braided youth look see star Rekha's latest picture and refrain. Same for Bo Derek wannabees.
- Nawwab and I: Booooobquake Alert
Jen McCreight is going to cause global quakes to prove Sadeghi right.
- poetry: eyjafjallajoekull
cremating the animus and the anima
- Where Is Bharat?
The year was 2020. The Twenty-Twenty India Cup final was in progress.
- poetry: tale of tails
- Poetry: random ruptions
random and seguing
- Shri RamChandra Kripalu Bhajman (Prayer by Tulsidas, With Translation And Notes)
Introduction (for the initiated, for foreigners, for skeptics and for believers) Ramayana is the most important and influential epic...
- poetry: whirling
"Rhythm is the basis of life, not steady forward progress. The forces of creation, destruction, and preservation have a whirling, dynamic interaction."-Kabbalah
- Nawwab and I: Turning to a Lamb
Second attempt by handlers and enablers to save their client's reputation
- Confessions of a Facebook Addict
My husband has a new term of endearment for me.....
- Hindustani and Urdu Treasures - Anachronisms or Treasures
Many cultures use proverbs to emphasize, to insert humor, to short-circuit communication, to elaborate on a subtlety, to say one thing and mean another.
- Book Review: The Bloodaxe Book of Contemporary Indian Poets
I highly recommend this Bloodaxe anthology for its reach and range, and for a comprehensive and erudite introduction to Indian poetry in English.
- Poessay: Rosary 34 - Unraveling Walls
drop by running drop / slaves' sweat survives / in rivers, seas and clouds
- poetry: . the sun is out
the sun is out / what is that supposed to mean?
- poetry: song of rapture
tomorrow is another day and / i promise to be myself
- Poessay: Rosary 33 - Thanksgiving II
life is a dervish / whirling around love / hatred, tears and laughter
- Nawwab and I: Going Green or Black and Red
t: Tell me N why are politicians called lotas?
- Poetry: chasing gods
disconcerted or discerning / we differentiate
- Beyond Words
There is an immense treasure of Intelligence within and out there, that lies beyond the knowledge of books and beyond the chatter of our own
- Nawwab and I: Tu Jo Nahin Hay
Dogs do not smile, laugh or smirk
- Poessay: Rosary 32 - These Are Not My Words
lips clenched, feelings parched / imagination wingless, words in free fall
- Poessay: Rosary 31 - soul seller: rooh farosh
let the bidding begin
- Nawwab and I: Dot & Buddy
You drive on the highways frequently. That does not make you an expert highway engineer.
- Poetry: vortex
this bhangra of what-ifs / bystanders without oars / tanha tanha
- Ghalib, Constable, Qureshi Sahib, Pritchett & I
The pursuit of a phrase that led down memoryville
- Nawwab and I: Have You Adopted a Terrorist Lately?
You will learn what led to Kasab's confession
- Art & Technology: A Decade After I Took That Humanities Course
Like a good professor is wont to do, he smiled, and assigned me an essay on "Art and Technology: A decade after that Humanities course".
- Poessay: Noon Meem Rashid and the White Cliffs of Dover
with words as well as deeds they reincarnate desh in pardesh...desi bazaars in gorascapes
- Nawwab and I: Restless and Talking of Michelangelo
Restlessness camouflaging inactivity is crime against Peace.
- Nawwab and I: Knowledge Has Its Limitations, Faith Doesn't
t: Alright last question. What is MJ doing right now? N: Watching reruns.
- poetry: blind mirror - andha aaeena
capturing crimes / of centuries past / in the web of words / am fearful / (of this mirror) blind and blinding
- Nawwab and I: Intercourse, Pa.
With towns named Bird in Hand, Paradise, and Intercourse, Lancaster County in Pennsylvania has added attraction for tourism.
- Poessay: Rosary 30 - uncalm times: sukoon say shikayat
yearning for comfortable chaos
- Nawwab and I: Take me to Lucy's
N: You men would never understand. A dog has to satisfy a bitch in heat.
- Poetry: Climbing Jacob's Ladder
bruised feet in chains, let's walk through the bazaar today / chin up, shirt torn, let's walk through the bazaar today
- Parveen Shakir: The Faustus in Us
In current times, with the economic tsunami playing havoc all over the world, her poem has acquired greater relevancy.
- Shortcut English
Probably I'm old school, and I'm not ashamed to be so, but whatever happened to correct and complete spelling, capital letters, and punctuation?
- Poessay: Rosary 28 - Waves-Upon-Waves - mauj der mauj
another day, another year / will you still feel this way, or
- Arvind Krishna Mehrotra: From Lahore to Oxford by Way of Allahabad
The dark horse and a new entrant in the race is Arvind Krishna Mehrotra, born in Lahore and a Professor at Allahabad University.
- Poessay: Rosary 27- Perceptions
under the same gray skies / differing perceptions
- Language Abused!
What depresses me is the ill-usage of my mother tongue.
- Poetry: cascading chandni
these crimson rivers / could be profound /instead they confound
- Poem: Love in Times of Explosions
omnia vincit amor
- Poetry: another poem
all the travails in the travel are for what?
- Poessay: Rosary 26 - Trancing Segues
overwhelming, stifling, encouragaing, invigorating and magical
- Political Correctness - Going Over the Top?
Many MPs are not taking kindly to these changes, since they seem to be a case of political correctness gone wild, totally out of control
- Poetry: drop's whirl
fermenting queries doing rumiesque whirls
- Poessay: Honesty and Trust
When things do not affect us directly we can afford to be brutally truthful
- poetry: Coward, Coward, Burning Bright
Chuddi, chuddi burning bright / In the forests of the night
- Poetry: does it matter
how could i mention desani with the exalted ones? does it matter? will it matter?