47 articles in category
Page 2 of 2, Go to page: [Previous] 1, 2
- DVD Review: Bad Brains Live At CBGB 1982 Too Wild For Nostalgia
As far as I'm concerned we had it far better than you'll ever have.
- DVD Review: Bob Brozman Live In Germany
Listening to Bob Brozman play guitar is a wonder, watching him play is a revelation
- Music Review: Live From Austin Tx. Steve Earle DVD
There are some truly remarkable performances, like this one of Steve Earle, that should not be hidden away.
- Music Review: John Hiatt Live From Austin Tx. DVD
...slip this DVD in the machine, and be reminded how much fun rock and roll can be.
- U2: Over the Years
U2, the Irish Rock Band has grown to become a cultural icon. This is an attempt to summarise what their music has been all about
- DVD Review: Jimmy Buffett Live At Wrigley Field
Never before have so many people been filmed in Wrigley Field wearing such a loud collection of clothing or straw hats.
- Review: Day 3 - Winnipeg Folk Festival (July 8, 2006)
The Grande Mothers, members of the Mothers of Invention, were a highlight for me, along with Sisters Euclid and Ireland's Flook.
- Review: Day 2 - Winnipeg Folk Festival (July 7, 2006)
Day 2 highlights included seeing San Francisco's That 1 Guy and Minnesota's Low at the alternative tent.
- Concert Review: Wilco, Winnipeg (July 1, 2006)
Fans were treated to seeing a magnificent, unmistakably unique band, firing on all cylinders, plus a superb support act.
- Concert Review: Paquito D'Rivera Quintet, Winnipeg (June 23, 2006)
An evening of Latin-influenced jazz with the ledgendary Paquito D'Rivera, a child prodigy, and Canadian bassist Robert Occhipinti.
- McCoy Tyner Trio, June 22, 2006, Winnipeg
Finest jazz trio that I've seen in years. Elder stateman pianist McCoy Tyner remains a vital force in jazz.
- Concert Review: Bachman and Cummings, June 17, Winnipeg, Canada
They may never tour again as The Guess Who, but they're still packing 'em in as Bachman & Cummings.
- Concert Review: Bright Eyes, June 10, Winnipeg, Canada
A mostly 20-something and under crowd were wowed by the boy-wonder from Omaha; absence of merchandising was puzzling.
- Desicritics Editors' Picks - May 29- June 04
And do not pay heed to rumors that praising certain poems by a small time poet would get you here.
- Concert Review: Summer Streakin' With The Rock N' Dolls
Judging from the number of people who showed up I would say that the event was a definite success.
- Concert Review: Alice Cooper, May 16, 2006, Winnipeg, Canada
Not ready for Vegas, Alice Cooper remains a mesmerizing, effortlessly brilliant performer, touring with sharp, young sidemen.
- Concert Review: The Strokes, Friday, May 12, 2006, Winnipeg, Canada
Infectious rock'n'roll show from a band who appear to wanna be sedated.