215 articles in category
Page 1 of 8, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 [Next]
- YouTube: It's Dinner Time with Dr. RC!
Dr. Ravichandran (Dr.RC) starts a talk show in YouTube.
- How To Write Better
Treat your final draft as a piece of rock ready to be sculpted.
- Maturity Is An Age Thing
You can put a kid on the fast track but you can't make him an adult before his time.
- The Intrusive Internet
People will take extra care if you force them to, with an artificial construct like an anonymous handle or a vehement policy of no photographs.
- A Well Connected Generation
Shoaib Malik gave a new dimension to this ubiquitous device.
- Gay Trawl
It would be nice to see more gay oriented online magazines such as Gaysi take root in the vistas of the Desi Internet.
- One Day, This Too Will Pass
Memories remain and then they too fade away.
- Too Much Tweeting? Mum Tweeting Son's Death Causes Uproar
What does one do when a loved one passes away?
- Haagen-Dazs, Mistaken Cause
Mad that foreigners offended Indian dignity at the new Haagen-Dazs franchise? Not so fast, folks. How about the facts?
- Poetry: tweems - tweet-poems
modified versions of poems on tweeter
- Facebook Messages That Annoy Me
Our Facebook home pages are forever filled with messages from our buddies. Here is a list of messages we could do without.
- Tweeting the Kampala Riots: Access to Information
There is a gap in communication and there are ways to be able to fix that. You could easily be in the wrong place
- Movie Review: Julie and Julia - For The Love of Julia
The movie also left me with a thought, about our love for food, every Indian's love for food.
- To The Cynics With Love: An Ode to Twitter
The many ways Twitter is being used today, and a few answers to the most common criticisms.
- Book Review: The Nudist on The Late Shift
It mostly reads like a zinging thriller, on the lines of Hemingway meets Hunter S Thompson, without resorting to gonzo journalism.
- Virtually Real - How Life Imitates Art
Mistaking reality for fantasy can be dangerously explosive
- The Most Good-Looking Man in the World & E-mail Forwards
My eyes saw, but they did not believe. but, as the Oracle says "Believe". Why take my word for it?
- Fiction: Twitter Rendezvous With @GanjuGanesh
GanjuGanesh: @DeeptiLamba That is nice. U two tweet together and my parents meditate together.
- NovelRace Week 2: Adventures Galore!
I dreamed that writing would be fun but I never, in my wildest imagination, thought it would be such an adventure!
- Watching An Indian Soap: Choti Bahu
An entire world of make belief made "real"
- Book Review: The Google Way
How one company is revolutionizing management as we know it
- Family Forwards - Lovable Spam?
Forwards are injurious to my health.
- Barkha Dutt And NDTV, The Joke Is On You!
So Chyetanya Kunte is the latest victim of media intimidation. I'm not going to rehash the same excellent...
- What if the New York Times Did Not Exist?
What will happen to our web 2.0 world and society at large if the NY Times folds?
- The Facebook Breast Feeding Controversy
Where does the freedom end and the violation begin?
- Book Review: Intellectual Property and Open Source
The book is as good a reference or as a read to fit an Intellectual Property within the appropriate legal framework.
- Poessay: On Writer's Block
Sit down. Roll out a fresh sheet or turn on a fresh page on the laptop. Look around. Start writing. Don't stare.
- Kindling The E-Book Revolution
Did the Amazon Kindle kindle my enthusiasm for e-books? You betcha!
- Tech Review: Vysr - A Lookup Bar, Not A Toolbar
It aims to enhance the browsing experience by giving easy access to popular services within the current view of the web page.
- The World Congress of Information Technology 2008, Malaysia
Some thoughts on the discussions at the World Congress of Information TechnologyDr Bhaskar Dasgupta
NEWS | BizTech: Consumers, BizTech: Customer Service, BizTech: Economics, BizTech: Entrepreneurship, BizTech: Gadgets, BizTech: Globalization, BizTech: Innovation, BizTech: Internet, BizTech: Jobs, BizTech: Management, BizTech: Software, BizTech: Web 2.0, Media: Blogs, Media: Citizen Media, Media: Internet, BizTech: Companies
- Why the Western Invasion?
When was the last time you saw a non-NGO Indian website which had Indian faces? At the most it might have the token Indian or
- Aamir Khan Blogs Shahrukh
An Indian blog that gets about 1288 comments belongs to a fellow called Aamir Khan
- Stalking Hasan Elahi: TrackingTransience Delusions
In theory, the project is simplistically brilliant, but for the regular online blogger like myself, Hasan’s site is like a trip down the wormhole.
- Woes of an Indian Wife
I always wanted to be a career woman, but I am a carrier woman.
- How Wikipedia Conquered my Reality Soap/TV Addiction
I realised I was watching most of the reality shows I liked because I liked seeing who would get eliminated next.
- Hits and Misses– Get Out! We Are Visiting Your City
Our friends and family think our presence in a city we visit is bad omenRumana Husain
OPINION | Media: Internet, Culture: Society, Culture: Social Issues, Culture: Religion, Culture: Relationships, Culture: Personal History, Culture: Crime, Culture: City Life, Media: Journalism, Politics: Governance, Politics: War on Terror, Politics: Terrorism, Politics: South Asia, Politics: Religion, Politics: Peace, Politics: Pakistan, Politics: Nepal, Politics: India, Politics: World
- Tobacco Is Our Middle Name: US Brands Going Away Soon
The staring, cold, bloodless eyes of a convicted criminal can get kind of wearing. And, no, I don't mean Kissinger.
- YouTube, Idol Worship and Fanaticism
Of course, the issue occurs when this workaround becomes the sine qua non of holiness and God realization.
- Blogetiquette for Dummies
This is a list of some things that I've culled under the general idea of good blogging etiquette.
- Office Spouses, The Internet, and Other Marital Dangers
You find yourself talking to someone other than your spouse.
- Media Review: Damazine - A Literary Journal From Damascus, Syria
A journal that hopes to foster a new dialogue
- The Marathi Manoos versus the Thackeray Brand
It might be time to dissociate the identity of the long suffering "Marathi Manus" from the Thackerays.Aditi Nadkarni
OPINION | Culture: Social Issues, Politics: Laws, Politics: World, Politics: South Asia, Politics: Reservations, Politics: Religion, Politics: Peace, Politics: India, Politics: Asia, Media: Newspapers, Media: News, Media: Television, Media: Internet, Media: Magazines, Media: Journalism, Culture: Society
- Abuse of Corporate E-Mail in India
None of my friends working for the same companies here in the US abuse corporate email, while their counterparts in India do.
- The Divided States Of America: Democratic Dilemma
For the very first time the liberals will contradict their own ideologies by revealing their subtle biases.
- Media Watch: Snowstorms, Obama, Clinton, & Cables
Peace is bad for big business
- What Differentiates Journalists and Bloggers - Money?
The only common thing that I can see in all these definitions is that they write for some medium with some expectation of being read.
- Is The Guardian Seeing Pink Elephants?
It is inexcusable when a popular media form chooses to propagate cultural ignorance.Aditi Nadkarni
OPINION | Culture: Society, Culture: Social Issues, Culture: Religion, Culture: Magazines, Politics: Censorship, Politics: Freedom, Politics: India, Politics: Religion, Culture: The Writing Life, Culture: Travel, Culture: Holidays and Observances, Media: Journalism, Media: Magazines, Media: Internet, Media: Newspapers, Media: News, Culture: Desi, Culture: Education, Culture: Festivals, Politics: Peace
- Government To Regulate Video Games in India
Does censorship really work in India or is it just a paper tiger?
- Celebrating the Unknown Indian
Celebrities need to be unshackled and the unknown Indian holding things together needs to be celebrated
- The Orkut Chronicles II
There are no more geeks left in this world, nor are there any regular, homely women
- Are Indians Still Indentured in Malaysia
As in almost all of its ex-colonies, the British created a mess when they left Malaysia in 1957.Sandeep
NEWS | Politics: Censorship, Politics: Corruption, Politics: Freedom, Politics: Governance, Politics: India, Politics: Laws, Politics: Religion, Politics: South Asia, Politics: Asia, Media: News, Media: Journalism, Culture: Desi, Culture: Essay, Culture: History, Culture: Religion, Culture: Social Issues, Culture: Society, Media: Blogs, Media: Internet, Politics: World
- The Orkut Chronicles - Part I
Ever got a scrap which said, "I want to make friendship with you"?
- The New Updated "Spamming 101" - Part II
This is the part which will earn you money, and unlike mails from part I, often ends in "Spam" folder.
- The Most Viewed Pages on Wikipedia
At 69, Pornography comes ahead of George W. Bush at 70 who is ahead of The Beatles (71).
- The New Updated "Spamming 101" - Part I
Here's your look into the new, updated "How to Spam: Spamming for Beginners" course.
- Spam Struck
"Would you like to add 8 inches or more to your penis?"Aditi Nadkarni
SATIRE | Culture: Men, Culture: Personal History, Media: Films - Erotica, Culture: The Writing Life, Culture: Survey, Culture: Society, Culture: Satire, Culture: Poetry, Culture: Humor, Culture: City Life, Culture: Consumerism, Media: Magazines, Media: Journalism, Media: Internet, Media: Blogs, Culture: Relationships
- BlogWorld & New Media Expo - Blogs Go Mainstream
Be a part of this comprehensive blogging convention, the BlogWorld & New Media Expo.
- Poetry: smoke signals
have we have come a long way since smoke signals and pigeon couriers?