372 articles in category
Page 2 of 13, Go to page: [Previous] 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 [Next]
- Approaching Secularism of a Different Kind
We have to pay a high cost for what passes today in the name of "Secularism"
- Movie Review: Antichrist by Lars von Trier
The film opens with the pelvic thrusts of William Dafoe ("He") and Charlotte Gainsbourg ("She").
- When Kids Ask About Death
A hopeful wish, my heart whispered, knowing death was non negotiable.
- A New Intelligence: The Only Hope for this World
The hope faor a better world would not come from 'chronic mind chatter' that ails humankind today leading to wars and crime.
- Fiction: The Best of Both Worlds
If only the adults could be pragmatic and not lug so much excess baggage around!
- Katy And I
There was its beautiful hardbound leather cover, its striking pictures and each chapter beginning with old English lettering. And finally there was Katy herself.
- Fiction: Dessicate
I did notice the subtleties around me. The ones that made the times I live in, the place I grew up.
- Diwali Dreams: Kal Aaj Aur Kal
Lots of shrieks, emotional reunion. Tears on everyone's eyes.
- Book Review: Hyperion
A review of a book and some thoughts on how a father deals with the death of his child
- Bad Motherhood
The expectation is that simply because you are a woman you should be enthralled with all things motherly.
- Book Review: The Kite-Runner - A Must Read
The heartfelt words leapt out at me, tugging a cord somewhere within.
- Schools, Children, and "Personal Fiefdoms"
The wipe-the-slate-clean approach would take far more political courage than can be mustered in the current environment.
- The Power of the Youth
How kids are being involved in financial initiative based charities and helping make the world a better place to be in.
- Book Review: Bitter Chocolate - Child Sexual Abuse in India by Pinki Virani
It is my belief that an adult who sexually abuses a child does not even qualify as a human.
- Flash Comes of Age
We all move on in life. But there are just some things you can't explain to a cat - especially a cat without claws.
- Struggle To Push Forward
I did not like my grandpa's story because he had ended it by telling me that the seed had grown into a plant healthy but
- India's Hidden Incest Crisis
Just how big an issue is incest in India? Well a topic like this will always be in the shadows.
- When You Have Small Kids, The World is Wonderland
When you have small kids the world takes on the surrealism of Alice in Wonderland.
- Why Does Ragging Happen?
Next, I would blame the parents who don't believe their children or don't care.
- Health Care at Home
"Diet is the primary source of our health issues. After all we are what we eat."
- Educating our Kids - The Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan was launched in 2001 to universalize and improve the quality of elementary education in India.
- Fake Charities and Real Charities
There are fake charities out there which steal twice, once from your pocket involuntarily and once from other deserving causes
- The Healthcare Crisis, Part One
The final spoke is the consumer. This is where the biggest blame lies in the whole system.
- POGO, Kellogg's Special K, and Body Image Issues
Ma, You Are Fat!
- The Pursuit of Fun
It is not part of our culture - we definitely don't give it the same amount of importance as Americans do.
- You Cannot Adopt, You Are Too Fat
Why are adoptions so difficult for Asian people? and why do the social services make live so difficult?
- Answering Some Questions To Fathers
A father tries to answer some questions that a mother askes.
- March Ahead
No one can satisfactorily explain why 'exams'?
- UK Maths Failures 'cost £2.4bn'
Not learning mathematics has an economic cost. In the case of the UK, its £2.4 Billion
- Supersized Kids - Don't Do What America Does
This time bomb is ticking for many other countries as well that imitate the American life style.
- Children, Adults, and Other Animals
Asian children are pampered to an extent that may be described as ‘unhealthy.’
- Children With Learning Problems - It's the Schools, not the Kids, Stupid!
A staggering 20 million Indian children probably have learning disabilities. But schools and teachers are clueless.
- Saving India's Missing Girls
Caring for unwanted children, feeling their pain and doing something to save their lives beyond yelling and criticizing in media platforms is rare.
- Dyscalculia - Not Having Fun With Numbers
Its not the end of the world to finally put a tag on what I have lived with all my life.
- Book Review: Sold by Patricia McCormick
Who are these "shadow" clients who support such a trade? Do I know one? Did I meet such a person yesterday or today?
- Fiction: Red
He was like an empty vessel that enjoyed the pleasures without consequences.
- Taare Zameen Par - Is Every Child Special?
What does it mean for a child to be special? How does one qualify 'special'?
- Under-age Drinking and the Family
This is downright scary. Alcohol is not just a party drink.
- Growing Up With Enid Blyton
Close to forty years after her death Enid Blyton’s books continue to enthrall another generation.
- Genocidal Indigenous Forces: Teaching Kids War Games
I wonder how youth are trained and motivated to support and even become Taliban, Al Qaeda?
- Orthodox Jews Vote for Ignorance
Can you actively ask the state to stop its fundamental duty to educate all its young? Seems like you can in Israel
- Splitsvilla Or Shamesville?
Is 15 seconds of fame a good enough reason for these contestants to completely demean themselves?
- The Benefits of Joblessness
As long as there are economic benefits to not working, unemployment will not decrease
- Rocket Science, Parenting and Beyond
Haven't we all at some point of time said, "I may not be a rocket scientist but..."?
- Born Confused: Hi Dad…er...Mom
So to the All India Eunuch Association Chairperson and the Von Siffers: hold your peace. We are not there yet.
- Old Parents Left Behind
Is there a solution ?
- Poetry: Bajan Claire Collins
imprisoned and conditioned by suspicions and stereotypes
- Children - We Can Make a Difference
This is a story of the worst kind and at the same time the best human behaviour ladled on to the people who can least
- Love And All That Jazz
Is it just me, or does anyone else see the irony of an arranged marriage advert that promises love?
- Bagheera, By Any Other Name: My Black Panther
Leopard-fixation is caught at an early age when a child is vulnerable to the environmental and psychological influences of the mysterious jungles of India.
- First Day Of School And Anxious Parents
The otherwise tranquil school was in chaos. Dealing with parents especially with the newbie ones was tough.
- Pedicures and Paedophiles in Paradise
In Nepal the cost of a child's life is worth about the same as a pedicure
- UK Indian Couple Abandon IVF Twins - "The Wrong Sex"
Have we truly emerged from the era of female foeticide/infanticide, or merely adde new dimensions to the practice?