372 articles in category
Page 1 of 13, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 [Next]
- Gone Are The Days Of Innocence!
It is about time you kids mold yourself and stop torturing innocent souls like us.
- Sense And Sensibility _ Are We Losing It?
It is high time we realize that we are not differentiated by our religion, language, political boundary, faith but are united by the single thread
- Photo Essay: Beatrix Potter’s Magical World
The magical world of Beatrix Potter explored.
- It Shouldn't Hurt To Be A Child
Who is a teacher or a principal of a staff member to take away a child’s dignity?
- The Tears Of Our Children
A society that does not care for its children is a society without a future
- Cane & Disable
Corporal punishment reinforces violence and discourages independent thought
- The Kulfiwallah
The Kulfi tastes slightly salty, creamy and milky cold with bits of cardamom.
- Pleading "Not Guilty"
I often joke that the only trips I take are the Guilt Trips that the states of being a mother, daughter, wife, and friend induce.
- Teaching Work & Wealth Values to Children
I'm teaching my kids about wealth and investments. What are you guys doing with your kids?
- Poem: The Child's Mutiny
I have no crimes, Against my name, Only poverty and hunger
- Unconditional Love
Apuchi taught me that the connect between Gen Ex and the Gen Next is pure and pristine – a connect that the ‘generation-in-between’ can rarely
- Book Review: Runemarks
Anything that can be dreamed is True.
- Children's Writing in India - A Catch-22 Scenario
Many writers who have faltered and failed in writing for adults meander into what they consider a rather easy genre.
- Pint-Sized Shysters
People don't wake up one fine day and decide they will be obnoxious.
- Should Marriage be Abolished?
Should family be replaced by Commune?
- To My "Little Women"
There! 11 things - one for each year that I have been a mother.
- The True Stories of Slumdog Millionaire
Sadly, most of them fall prey to just such exploiters as those found in both these movies
- The Children of India: A Volunteer Travel Experience
I became involved with a nonprofit based in Austin called The Miracle Foundation, which manages orphanages in India.
- Liberate Our Students From Sexual Repression
Students from Hindi and Marathi medium schools are basically unexposed to the ideas of Individuality, free thought, and freedom from repressed sexuality.
- Poem: The Cancer Boy
Never met him, Never knew The pain he carried The little boy In his body
- Grooming Starts in a Barber's Shop
My son was mentored to own up his hair-cut, from as young as 10 years of age.
- Book Review: Sepia Leaves by Amandeep Sandhu
An insightful read into a child's mind...
- Where Does "Control" Figure in Your Parenting Style?
When I first became a parent, I thought I could control all aspects of bringing up my child.
- Ruchika - Indian Law Allows Child Molester to be Let Off
The law prosecuted Rathore for molesting a young girl, but doesn't prosecute him for raping the trust the common man had on the Indian civil
- Too Much Tweeting? Mum Tweeting Son's Death Causes Uproar
What does one do when a loved one passes away?
- McDonald's India - As Indian As You and Me
Being a little chubby should no longer be seen as a matter of pride or a mark of affluence.
- Book Review: Cauvery
the book describes the beauty and power of the Cauvery, enrapturing kids and adults alike.
- Marital Breakdowns and Children - Fugitive NRI Woman & Child Detained
A woman, who is accused of parental kidnapping of her US Citizen child to India is detained by CBI as per directive of Supreme Court
- Hygiene Hypothesis
This is the story of every germophobe.
- Technology in Education
How does this software impact/ redefine the role of a teacher-student interaction?
- Approaching Secularism of a Different Kind
We have to pay a high cost for what passes today in the name of "Secularism"
- Movie Review: Antichrist by Lars von Trier
The film opens with the pelvic thrusts of William Dafoe ("He") and Charlotte Gainsbourg ("She").
- When Kids Ask About Death
A hopeful wish, my heart whispered, knowing death was non negotiable.
- A New Intelligence: The Only Hope for this World
The hope faor a better world would not come from 'chronic mind chatter' that ails humankind today leading to wars and crime.
- Fiction: The Best of Both Worlds
If only the adults could be pragmatic and not lug so much excess baggage around!
- Katy And I
There was its beautiful hardbound leather cover, its striking pictures and each chapter beginning with old English lettering. And finally there was Katy herself.
- Fiction: Dessicate
I did notice the subtleties around me. The ones that made the times I live in, the place I grew up.
- Diwali Dreams: Kal Aaj Aur Kal
Lots of shrieks, emotional reunion. Tears on everyone's eyes.
- Book Review: Hyperion
A review of a book and some thoughts on how a father deals with the death of his child
- Bad Motherhood
The expectation is that simply because you are a woman you should be enthralled with all things motherly.
- Book Review: The Kite-Runner - A Must Read
The heartfelt words leapt out at me, tugging a cord somewhere within.
- Schools, Children, and "Personal Fiefdoms"
The wipe-the-slate-clean approach would take far more political courage than can be mustered in the current environment.
- The Power of the Youth
How kids are being involved in financial initiative based charities and helping make the world a better place to be in.
- Book Review: Bitter Chocolate - Child Sexual Abuse in India by Pinki Virani
It is my belief that an adult who sexually abuses a child does not even qualify as a human.
- Flash Comes of Age
We all move on in life. But there are just some things you can't explain to a cat - especially a cat without claws.
- Struggle To Push Forward
I did not like my grandpa's story because he had ended it by telling me that the seed had grown into a plant healthy but
- India's Hidden Incest Crisis
Just how big an issue is incest in India? Well a topic like this will always be in the shadows.
- When You Have Small Kids, The World is Wonderland
When you have small kids the world takes on the surrealism of Alice in Wonderland.
- Why Does Ragging Happen?
Next, I would blame the parents who don't believe their children or don't care.
- Health Care at Home
"Diet is the primary source of our health issues. After all we are what we eat."
- Educating our Kids - The Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan was launched in 2001 to universalize and improve the quality of elementary education in India.
- Fake Charities and Real Charities
There are fake charities out there which steal twice, once from your pocket involuntarily and once from other deserving causes
- The Healthcare Crisis, Part One
The final spoke is the consumer. This is where the biggest blame lies in the whole system.
- POGO, Kellogg's Special K, and Body Image Issues
Ma, You Are Fat!
- The Pursuit of Fun
It is not part of our culture - we definitely don't give it the same amount of importance as Americans do.