340 articles in category
Page 1 of 12, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 [Next]
- Pakistan Ripe for Another Coup?
The next few months and years will be a trying time for South Asia, especially India.
- Looking Afresh at Kashmir - Intrinsic, Prudential or Systemic?
Every academic argument made so far has already been made before, and tried in some way, shape or form.
- Water-Borne Misery: Pakistan in Peril
The country of Pakistan has experienced a tragic flood that has left it unable to function well as a nation.
- Pakistan's New Problem
In Pakistan, the US is the most hated country and is often considered to be the top villain in conspiracy theories.
- Pakistani Ineptitude - Mega Flood Looming
The last one in 1841 swept away the Sikh army camping at Attock to change the course of history
- The Hanzakuts of The Lost Horizon - Imminent Catastrophe
A catastrophe that occurs once in a hundred years is imminent in the next 20 days.
- Ajmal Kasab And Faisal Shahzad - Double Faults
Why would an educated man with a good job and a family plant a car bomb in Times Square?
- Karakorum Highway and the Indian Option
China can be offered access to the ports of Mumbai and Kolkata through the Nathu La pass.
- The New Great Game in Afghanistan
After the two superpowers fighting their turf battles in Afghanistan, it is now the turn of two regional powers India and Pakistan to do the
- Pakistan's Audacity Of Hope
Pakistan is at the top of its game right now. And the US can neither chew nor spit it at this time.
- Tarbela Dam & Karkoram Highway Threatened in Pakistan
The question that should be boggling every Indianís mind is how can India help?
- India and Pakistan - Future Scenarios
Can such an eventuality occur in the Indian Subcontinent?
- The Changing Geopolitics of South Asia
It looks like Deja vu all over again.
- Lawyers Refusing to be Lawyers
The right to legal representation is one of the hallmarks of a civilised society. It is a shame that we do not do it well
- Why is India Still Talking to Pakistan
Why has India suddenly decided to resume the dialogue and what can you expect from it?
- Drones for Pakistan - a Potential Game Changer
What is all the more striking about this is that being unmanned, these are actually controlled by operators who could be sitting anywhere in the
- Aman ki Asha: Now Why Didn't We Think of That!
The new people-to-people Indo-Pak peace initiative seems a good idea -- and one that strikes me as vaguely familiar.
- Looking Back: Fokker Aircraft Hijack, 1971
Pakistan has consistently alleged that this hijack was staged by Indian intelligence agencies
- Exchange Ajmal Kasab for Sarabjit Singh
Does it make sense to pardon a criminal to save another life?
- Contempt of Court and the Pakistan Army
In a country where every one including the top brass of the army and the opposition parties are tainted, a clean sweep will produce a
- Poem: 1947 to 2009
All gone, from Jinnah to our present The country we fought so hard Now lies bare, in its awake, Who is to be blamed?
- Pakistanís Insider Jobs?
To turn against oneís own country and work for an enemy organization, one has to be embittered to the core.
- Baluchistan - The Forgotten Cause
Indian media reports about the Iran-Pakistan-India gas pipe line through Baluchistan have glossed over the atrocities being committed there.
- Pakistanís Woes Deepen
A concatenation of unpleasant events seems to be engulfing Pakistan.
- Mumbai, I Bequeath My Death
I bequeath my death to many a death Many a hurt And the sky that bled
- Bomb Blasts in Peshawar as Hillary Clinton Visits Pakistan
These demons of their own design, as it were, have metastasized beyond recognition.
- Poetry: The Explosion
Every day I die, Every day I am born Amidst all this terror and turmoil
- Afghanistan: What Next?
If the Americans leave, can the ISI and the Taliban turn the clock back?
- Memories Of India's Partition
Violence, he told me, lives in the hearts of men and so does bravery.
- India's Partition Caused By Nehru Or Jinnah?
Jinnah said, 'I will have India divided or have it destroyed,' which turned into a reality, but Nehru gets the blame.
- Jaswant, Jinnah Jam
Jaswant Singh "gets expelled for writing a book, and Varun stays put, for spewing venom!"
- Jinnah's Ghost Causes BJP To Expel Jaswant Singh
BJP expels Jaswant Singh
- Baitullah Mehsud Reported Dead, Succession Contested
Past deals have always led Pakistan into more trouble, with the terrorists seeing such deals as being reflective of the inability of Governments to fight
- Hang Kasab
Kasab is what evil is all about and there is only one way to deal with evil - respond with righteous fury and just sentence.
- Why India Should Not Hang Ajmal Kasab
We will not allow Kasab to turn into a martyr! We will allow him time and the opportunity to change his ideology and reform, as
- Celebrity of the Year - Ajmal Amir Kasab
All thanks to our glorious Indian Judicial System and a babbling Media, Kasab has become nothing short of a famous figure.
- The Mystery Behind Balochistan
History of the Baloch struggle and what does its inclusion in the joint statement mean.
- Virtually Real - How Life Imitates Art
Mistaking reality for fantasy can be dangerously explosive
- The Most Good-Looking Man in the World & E-mail Forwards
My eyes saw, but they did not believe. but, as the Oracle says "Believe". Why take my word for it?
- Pakistan's Phallic Fallacies
Pakistan, its security and the Phallus. Confused? Read on.
- Revisiting the Pakistani Grand Narrative
The national narrative is fused with a prescribed religious bent that, just like any other major grand ideology, insists on its own universality and absoluteness.
- Book Review: The Wish Maker by Ali Sethi
Sethi conveys to his readers the sights, sounds and smells of upper-middle class Pakistan
- Euthanasia: Swat, Dir and Buner
Is it time for the Durand line to dissolve?
- Pakistan Finally Fights Back Against Taliban
Out of pressure, or out of conviction?
- US-Pakistan-Afghanistan Summit: To Disrupt, Dismantle, and Defeat Al Qaeda
Whoever has a better idea would win the battle.
- The Taliban's Atomic Threat: John Bolton's Fear Mongering
Afghanistan is not a nuclear power. Yet the alleged conspirators of 9/11 emerged from there.
- Is Pakistan going the Iran Way?
A Taliban Ruled, Sunni Fundamentalist, Nuclear Armed Pakistan Is A Distinct Possibility. Please Panic!
- Two Washingtonians On Pakistan
The primary threat to Pakistan comes principally from the elected and unelected leaders who are holed up in Islamabad.
- Talibanization of Pakistan: Realizing the Dreams of Founding Fathers
Progressive Muslim intellectuals, either out of their ignorance or dishonesty, claim that Pakistan's founding fathers had dreamt of a secular state.
- The Fate of Pakistan
Pakistan is at a crossroads. There is a chance that this country will be talibanized, broken up, or end up in a civil war.
- Delusions of Grandeur Can Lead To Trouble
A Big Brother who is admired and respected, rather than feared, will be able to command his sibling's loyalty.
- Taliban Seen as Robin Hoods by Some
Bring down the Robin Hood image of the Taliban by reducing corruption levels, increasing development in these regions, and also, confronting them militarily.
- In My Veins, In My Blood (The Butterfly Effect)
Only the peace, tranquility and imagination Deserve we all, we have paid our dues
- How Can We Fight Islamic Fundamentalism?
Mud-wrestling with a pig is not a good idea.