351 articles in category
Page 1 of 12, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 [Next]
- Imperfection is Bliss
Do you know he masturbates? My father alleged, referring to my son.
- Poetry: Man and Mother
Upon a moonless April night, Ursa couple's clear sight, Facing mirror of social blight, Cut a figure lesser bright.
- A-vivek of N-Arundhati
When Narundhati treks through the jungles as a guest of Maoists, her biases ignore the blisters on her city feet.
- Poem: The Human Landscape
Today is the day we will find, Our voices, our hearts in one place
- Bhagwat Purana Skandha Three, Part One – The Beginning of Creation
The story of creation as per the Bhagvata Purana's third Skandha
- Fiction: I Am Jill's Spare Tyre
The long journey from nursery to rhymes was fraught with heartless atrocities inflicted on those that built the heart in the first place.
- Ideart: Good Karma, Bad Medicine
The best way to communicate this thought may be visual and not verbal.
- Bhagvata Purana, Skandha 1
I have to admit that I did not even know about this book till somebody told me that the Bhagvata Purana is also known as
- Book Review: A Nameless Place
A novel about culture, spirituality and identity, which was inspired by my time in India.
- Liberate Our Students From Sexual Repression
Students from Hindi and Marathi medium schools are basically unexposed to the ideas of Individuality, free thought, and freedom from repressed sexuality.
- My God Cannot be The God
When I pondered over the point "GOD", I started seeing stars.
- The Value of Surrender
It is only when the Mind chooses to surrender that peace will return on Earth.
- The Song of the Infidel
Looking for Divinity in an Age of one night stands
- The Ways of the Mahatma
His lifestyle & principles seem more relevant and real, and an appropriate method to counter the madness that has taken over the world.
- What Is Love?
Why does the heart feel so empty without love? Why does existence seems so hollow and meaningless without it?
- Beyond Words
There is an immense treasure of Intelligence within and out there, that lies beyond the knowledge of books and beyond the chatter of our own
- Every Drop Makes An Ocean
It felt like society was addicted to, hooked on the Profit+Power. Like a Cocaine fix, even knowing that it is eating up our insides
- Marx Shrugged: Introduction
What exactly is Marxism and what terrible things does it have to say about capitalis
- Love, Bollywood & Sufism
Islam/Sufism helped me regain my own path and Faith i.e. Hinduism.
- Fiction: Everlasting Orgasm
Was it the wildness of the act or the Serenity of the culmination that really created that bliss in the act?
- Skepticism and Pranic Healing - What a Surprise!
When we open our hearts and minds to this adventure called life, the possibilities are endless.
- Why India Should Not Hang Ajmal Kasab
We will not allow Kasab to turn into a martyr! We will allow him time and the opportunity to change his ideology and reform, as
- Looking for History in All The Wrong Places
Jameson viewed postmodernism as a cultural formation that accompanied globalization and multinational capitalism.
- Working in New Age Groups to find Inner Light
Small Groups around the world are seeking the New Light,new alternate ways of living:through psychotherapy,strengthening relationship with Nature,& meditation
- Rendezvous with Prof. P. Lal, the Bhisham Pitamah of Publishing Indian Writing in English
Recognize the role he has played in nurturing several generations of writers,and to pay tribute to his translating every verse of Mahabharata.
- TV Review: Sach Ka Saamna - Moment of Truth
It's the thought police coming to get you.
- Fiction: The Reunion
Now all that we have left are remembrances and memories of glorious days.
- Revisiting the Pakistani Grand Narrative
The national narrative is fused with a prescribed religious bent that, just like any other major grand ideology, insists on its own universality and absoluteness.
- How Many Days of Your Life Do You Remember?
Every day that we live, we live to want more time, more money, more girls, more sex, more this and more that.
- The Fascinating World of Pranic Healing - What is it?
On the fourth of June I had my most amazing experience yet, with Pranic healing
- The Individual in a Collective World
We have a finite definition of "who we are", culturally that are obvious. However, there is an unseen realm.
- The Pursuit of Utopias
There are many such promises of utopias.
- Poem: Only The Light
Hold it well and keep it close The memories of your past The promise of the future Shine, my friends, shine
- If the World Becomes Colour Blind...
The importance of colors in our life. Is Holi this year really worth celebrating ?
- Ramakrishna: A Lover of God
Decomposing the religious epistemological framework of Ramakrishna is futile, he was simply a lover of God.
- Poetry: Roadkill On Memory Lane
Did you ever hear the call of memory that screeching wail of nostalgia like tires on tar
- Human Cloning - The Clone Wars
Will a similar fate befall cloned humans?
- Poornamadah Poornamidam - You Can't Give Love Away
This love is borne of wisdom, not of hormones.
- A Limitation Of The Scientific Method
Scientists will do much better in their disciplines if they include meditation in their curriculum.
- Political Systems And Success
Is it possible for an ideology that is inferior from a moral standpoint to actually succeed in history
- China's Emergence and the Case Against Collectivism
The failures of collectivist political systems or China's success is not related to the case against collectivism
- Book Review : The Jewel of Medina
Is it ethical to write a book which caricatures a person who is the cornerstone of a particular religion?
- Ramalinga Raju's Satyam Crimes, Self-Interest, & Moral Paralysis
Holding self-interest as amoral results in moral paralysis. One can no longer say that fraud is wrong irrespective of the motives behind it.
- Moral Absolutes - A Concrete Illustration
A simple story that raises some interesting moral questions.
- 19 Varieties of Gazelle: Poems of the Middle East by Naomi Shihab Nye
The tapestry of inheritance of the East is laced with tales quite unknown in the West.
- Moral Absolutes
What is the basis for the moral absolutes on which a sense of justice depends?
- TV Review: Apparitions
The series has started promisingly and the concept of exorcist gunslingers defending the modern world against ancient monsters is an interesting one.
- Miller's Worldview
People share some of the moral ideals of socialism alongwith belief in personal responsibility, freedom and free enterprise.
- When Is It The Right Time To Die?
Its like the maturing of the wine. Only the good grapes make great wine centuries past.
- Ending Coercive Land Acquisition - Creating Options
If this method is so simple, why hasn’t it been tried already for land acquisition?Somik Raha
OPINION | Politics: US, Politics: India, Politics: Governance, Politics: Freedom, Politics: Asia, Culture: Society, Culture: Social Issues, Culture: Philosophy, Culture: Essay, Culture: Education, Culture: Bureaucracy, BizTech: Entrepreneurship, BizTech: Economics, BizTech: Development
- Islam and Hinduism: Experience of an Evangelist
I believe that one man’s religion is another man’s blasphemy.
- Book Review: The Way We Will Be 50 Years From Today
There are a few essays that really should be the only ones they should have published - and boy, they're good.
- Pobody is Nerfect
“wages of sin is death”, though we all know that death is the only certainty, whether one sins or not
- The Man Who Lived in Interesting Times
Who was he, I wondered, this man whose tomb lay next to some of the grandest structures in Delhi? Why was he such a big
- Why I am a Hindu?
If what I seeking is freedom and irrelevance of any pegs, then is it really a religion?
- Pathanjali's Yogasutras
Who knew that I would acquire a taste for reading Pathanjali some day?
- Book Review: Ramana Maharishi's Philosophy of Existence and Modern Science
This should make you a believer in science and therefore spirituality!
- How Do You Judge Morals?
On what basis do you draw up your morality?