375 articles in category
Page 1 of 13, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 [Next]
- Is the Marathi manoos At Stake?
Is being called ‘Bhartiya’ more derogatory than taking pride in being called a Marathi manoos, UP ke Bhaiya aur Tamil Nadu ka
- To Hell With The Games, Let's Set Our Basics Right!
The CWG just projected us Indians in terms of the un-imaginable corruption levels on the world platform.
- Commonwealth Games 2010: Incompetent and Deceptive
Uncomfortable but mandatory questions need to be answered in a hurry.
- The Common Shame Games of India
Could the cause be lack of portable loos near construction sites or just plain resentment on the part of the poor overworked labour class?
- Things I Hate About India: Part I
If you are still reading this article, then you are lucky enough to be at a place where there are less power cuts.
- The Best Prime Minister of India
When Narasimha Rao got to the stage, the damage had already been done.
- Supplying Our Backsides
In India the whole system seems to work on a simple philosophy – a lot should go into the system with too little coming out
- The End of Cricket? Match-Fixing Allegations Tarnish Pakistan
Venal filth has transformed this game of gentlemen into something tawdry and flawed.
- Do Politicians Deserve Pay Hikes?
I know these are very uncomfortable questions. But I expect no politician, however astute he may be should duck these questions and move on.
- Proud To Be Unpatriotic
If a bad policy is harming the nation then it could be said that criticising the government is the most patriotic thing in the world.
- Defending The Indefensible
What do you do when you are caught with your pants down?
- Movie Review: Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai
The film conforms to the genre, being simultaneously a 70s-style crime thriller and a chronicle of an inflating hypercity.
- A Tale of Two Men
Why is Amit Shah being referred to as ‘Modi’s Man’ while Sajjan Kumar has never been honored as ‘Rajiv’s Man’?
- Bhopal : A Gas Tragedy
I always thought for 2010 the biggest national shame would be the Commonwealth Games, but was proven wrong
- Capitalism, Socialism and Gasoline
If wishes were horses, commonsense would be jobless!
- As Are The Subjects, So is the King
A ruler need not fear non-participative public
- Abuse by Police and Deaths in Judicial Custody.
An Award winning American Journalist was brutally tortured by Indian Police.
- Officials Given Prison Terms for Preventing Flow of Pollutants into a river
Dereliction of duty and not setting up a sewage treatment plant
- Jharkhand - Smaller States Will Also Fail
Political alignment is not the same as geographical or linguistic homogeneity and definitely not the same as efficiency in administration
- Sleaze with Ease
While Tiwari can be pardoned due to his inherent weaknesses, what S.P.S Rathore did to Ruchika was indeed lewd and outright perverted.
- Punishment to Fit the Crime
It would be great if the civil angle were looked into in parallel with the criminal one
- Post-liberalization India - A Free For All?
This kind of annoying in-your-face, bordering or outright illegal “marketing” and deterrent reparation processes is not isolated to Airtel.
- Contempt of Court and the Pakistan Army
In a country where every one including the top brass of the army and the opposition parties are tainted, a clean sweep will produce a
- Politics - Pigs At The Trough
We never did it under the socialist era when they ate into the coffers and made the country bankrupt and we didn't ask why the
- Madhu Koda Finally Arrested
How can you otherwise justify that a person accused of such large crimes can remain free without the police and investigating agencies arresting him?
- Politics - Going Rogue
Is it the wrong kind of people who go into politics and then perpetrate the hideous culture that has become the hallmark of politics across
- India's 3G Saga - A Bad Bollywood Movie!
Ma Sonia, please get us out of this mess!!!!
- Release Kobad Ghandy Now
Whose disease infested body would crawl out of a hut only once to share the last sun, people like Kobad Ghandy would forever be there.
- Chief Justice of India Summons CJ of Karnataka
Serious charges of land grabbing and other "irregularities" levelled against P.D. Dinakaran, Chief Justice of Karnataka, Bangalore.
- Violence Inc. When Are We Shutting It Down In This Country?
The author, through a personal tale of childhood horror, describes the scars inflicted upon the psyche of children growing up in regions infested with Violence.
- Communist Parties in Disarray in India
Communists in India - conflict within, with the population, and losing support in their core base.
- Mayawati's Statue Fixation
She has made this a mini-industry, along with the gratuitous naming of parks, naming them primarily for Kanshi Ram and herself.
- Indian Government To Investigate Seats for Money Scam
There is slim chance that effort will be made to stop such practices from happening.
- Binayak Sen Is Released on Bail: Dada, Baritey Phirlen
Dr. Binayak Sen came back to his family today.
- Comparing NDA vs UPA Performance
Perhaps this is the right time to compare the performance of the two regimes.
- A Town called Ghosi
Ghosi remains a ghost town as night descends
- Naxalite Poet Lal Singh Dil: A Drawing and a Poem
Lal Singh says, 'Social injustice, physical torture and mental agony all motivate me to write'.
- Poetry: Remembering Papiya Ghosh
a sky masquerading a poem incised her mind and reason on third december two thousand and six.
- Book Review: Charlie Wilson's War by George Crile
If it were not for the unintended consequences, and if it were not all real, Charlie Wilson's War makes for a 'fun' read.
- Jagdish Tytler Given Clean Chit By CBI - Shameful!
This year is the 25th anniversary of the anti-Sikh pogrom and not a single killer has been brought to book so far.
- Whose God is Great? Another Carnage in Lahore
The killings go on. The blame game goes on. And more killings go on.
- India : 85th on Global Corruption Index
India's Central Vigilance Commission has taken umbrage at a recent report of Transparency International the global corruption tracking watch dog.
- Military-Industrial- And Congressional Complex
A suspicious world distrustful of others is the right environment to sell big ticket armaments to both sides.
- This is Not Cricket
If the ordinary citizen remains detached and uninvolved, then the march into disarray would continue unabated
- Fake Charities and Real Charities
There are fake charities out there which steal twice, once from your pocket involuntarily and once from other deserving causes
- India's Post-Independence Fight For Freedom
Maybe we started taking our precious freedom for granted and needed to be reminded that we simply cannot.Aditi Nadkarni
OPINION | Politics: Terrorism, Politics: War, Culture: City Life, Culture: Desi, Culture: Education, Culture: History, Culture: Social Issues, Culture: Rural, Culture: Religion, Culture: Urban, Politics: Reservations, Politics: Religion, Politics: Asia, Politics: Censorship, Politics: Corruption, Politics: Elections, Politics: Empire, Politics: Freedom, Politics: Governance, Politics: India, Politics: Laws, Politics: Peace, Culture: Women
- BBB Inc. - With Bare Hands If Necessary
This wall is an artificial construct that needs to be brought down - with bare hands if necessary - one brick at a time.
- Big-ticket Cases - CBI Under Government Influence?
This is not something that Governments shirk from doing.
- Nations Turn to Barter To Secure Food
Bartering is being used but is a hideous economic mechanism, filled with hidden pitfalls and costs
- Why Do Vice-Chancellors Fail At Aligarh Muslim University?
Why VC's dont work in AMU, some thoughts
- Will The Satyam Probe be Fair?
Links between the Andhra Government and the former Satyam chief
- Citizen Safety and Law Enforcement
Who am I? I live in your city and I am the girl next door.
- Bimaru States In India
The bimaru millstone states around India's neck
- Raj Thackeray Creeping Out
If I were Raj, I would ask every MNS member to offer their services to the GoI in some way