262 articles in category
Page 1 of 9, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 [Next]
- Fiction: The Morning After
Survival first is the metropolitan mantra.
- Tragedy at Mangalore Airport - Could This Have Been Avoided?
When a novice individual can see the horror and file a PIL to stop it, how in earth did the authorities not see this coming?
- One Day, This Too Will Pass
Memories remain and then they too fade away.
- Too Much Tweeting? Mum Tweeting Son's Death Causes Uproar
What does one do when a loved one passes away?
- Haagen-Dazs, Mistaken Cause
Mad that foreigners offended Indian dignity at the new Haagen-Dazs franchise? Not so fast, folks. How about the facts?
- 10 Secrets To Blogging Every Day
Write freely, write for yourself (not always for your readers or entertainment value), and write what you are most familiar with.
- Movie Review: Julie and Julia - For The Love of Julia
The movie also left me with a thought, about our love for food, every Indian's love for food.
- Media - Praise Only After Death
The Media reflects the signs of an increasingly over-suspicious and negative attitude breeding in our society.
- Has Terrorism Robbed us of our Humanity?
Terrorism targets the fabric of a Civilized society trying to ignite the fires of Revenge,Anger, & a thirst for Blood in the hearts of unsuspecting
- NovelRace Week 6: My Characters Are For Real!
I seem to be seeing my characters walking out of the book and around me everywhere.
- NovelRace Week 4: If You Fall, Get Up & Run Again!
Instead of creating a character, I just picked out people and decided to build stories around them.
- I'm a Blogger - Can I Has Money?
The phenomena of writing and garnering an audience is not entirely about writing as I quite naively imagined until recently
- Book Review: The Google Way
How one company is revolutionizing management as we know it
- Glorifying the Hack Historian
Romila Thapar was never really a historian.
- Bloggers and Blogging Rights
Does blogging need regulation?
- Barkha Dutt And NDTV, The Joke Is On You!
So Chyetanya Kunte is the latest victim of media intimidation. I'm not going to rehash the same excellent...
- The Website Ad Placement Heat Map
The proper placement of ads on web pages is very important
- Differences Between Free Hosting and Paid Web Hosting
I ended up preferring the paid version for most of my blogs
- Why Does Google Search Slap A Warning On Your Site?
Suicidal for your site
- Tips For Getting People To Visit Your Blog
Some points that I have seen that work
- The World Congress of Information Technology 2008, Malaysia
Some thoughts on the discussions at the World Congress of Information TechnologyDr Bhaskar Dasgupta
NEWS | BizTech: Consumers, BizTech: Customer Service, BizTech: Economics, BizTech: Entrepreneurship, BizTech: Gadgets, BizTech: Globalization, BizTech: Innovation, BizTech: Internet, BizTech: Jobs, BizTech: Management, BizTech: Software, BizTech: Web 2.0, Media: Blogs, Media: Citizen Media, Media: Internet, BizTech: Companies
- Jeffrey Archer's Blogging Mistake
Jeffrey Archer confesses in his blog how he's surprised to find out that Bombay and Madras got their names changed.
- UK Indian Couple Abandon IVF Twins - "The Wrong Sex"
Have we truly emerged from the era of female foeticide/infanticide, or merely adde new dimensions to the practice?
- Bollywood Blogging, Welcome Salman Bhai
Apna Sallu has entered the nasty world of Hindi Film Industry blogging.
- Aamir Khan Blogs Shahrukh
An Indian blog that gets about 1288 comments belongs to a fellow called Aamir Khan
- Movie Review: Wall Street
Wall Street is the familiar story of the seductive power of greed, and how its accompanying consequences play out in the minds and lives of
- I’ll Be Gentle: A Poessay on Lenny Bruce
There are exceptions where gentleness ought to be practiced in moderation
- Mumbai BlogCamp 3.0
Tarun and the gang did put a decent effort and clearly showcased an improvement from their previous stint.
- Jugalbandi Concert: A Resonance That Didn't Resonate
You organize a corporatish concert with well-decked ignoramuses making up 90% of the audience and you get a let-down performance.
- Blogetiquette for Dummies
This is a list of some things that I've culled under the general idea of good blogging etiquette.
- Losing Your Life, One Post at a Time
As any serious blogger, whoever has lost any post for whatever reason will tell you, losing a blog post is like losing a part of
- What Differentiates Journalists and Bloggers - Money?
The only common thing that I can see in all these definitions is that they write for some medium with some expectation of being read.
- The World of Global Conversations
If border less conversations shake off the unease that we feel about others, it can only be to the good.
- Delhi Techie Blogs to Pay for LSE Study
Ankur, instead of slogging it out on his own, could take on board a bunch of bloggers contributing posts to his blog.
- Book Review: Exodus
Exodus is without question a historical novel told from the obvious Jewish perspective.Sandeep
REVIEW | Media: Blogs, Politics: Asia, Politics: Freedom, Politics: Governance, Politics: Immigration, Politics: Middle East, Politics: United Kingdom, Politics: War, Culture: Society, Culture: Social Issues, Culture: Arts, Culture: Books, Culture: Books - Fiction, Culture: Books - Non Fiction, Culture: Desi, Culture: Essay, Culture: History, Culture: Religion, Politics: World
- Celebrating the Unknown Indian
Celebrities need to be unshackled and the unknown Indian holding things together needs to be celebrated
- Betrayed by a Name
it is still far better to be a minority in India then practically anywhere in the neighborhood.
- Malaysian Waters Are Suddenly Muddy
The innocuous, almost ridiculous, demand for massive historical damages has smoldered into an international loss of face for Malaysia....
- The Orkut Chronicles II
There are no more geeks left in this world, nor are there any regular, homely women
- Are Indians Still Indentured in Malaysia
As in almost all of its ex-colonies, the British created a mess when they left Malaysia in 1957.Sandeep
NEWS | Politics: Censorship, Politics: Corruption, Politics: Freedom, Politics: Governance, Politics: India, Politics: Laws, Politics: Religion, Politics: South Asia, Politics: Asia, Media: News, Media: Journalism, Culture: Desi, Culture: Essay, Culture: History, Culture: Religion, Culture: Social Issues, Culture: Society, Media: Blogs, Media: Internet, Politics: World
- Taslima Nasrin, The Outcast
Quite fortunately, the secular Muslims in India have also condemned the outright idiocy of the Muslim extremists.
- The Orkut Chronicles - Part I
Ever got a scrap which said, "I want to make friendship with you"?
- Violence in Kolkata - The Battle For Bengal
Hardly any condemnation emanates from the mainstream media, liberals, intellectuals, or keepers of the society’s communal conscience.Sandeep
OPINION | Politics: Censorship, Politics: Corruption, Politics: Elections, Politics: Freedom, Politics: Governance, Politics: India, Politics: Laws, Politics: Peace, Politics: Religion, Politics: Asia, Media: Television, Culture: Desi, Culture: Essay, Culture: History, Culture: Religion, Culture: Social Issues, Culture: Society, Media: Blogs, Media: News, Media: Newspapers, Politics: South Asia
- The Cyber Rebirth of Pak Tea House
The basic and fundamental postulate of the Progressive Writers Movement is the unity of art, use and beauty.
- Spam Struck
"Would you like to add 8 inches or more to your penis?"Aditi Nadkarni
SATIRE | Culture: Men, Culture: Personal History, Media: Films - Erotica, Culture: The Writing Life, Culture: Survey, Culture: Society, Culture: Satire, Culture: Poetry, Culture: Humor, Culture: City Life, Culture: Consumerism, Media: Magazines, Media: Journalism, Media: Internet, Media: Blogs, Culture: Relationships
- Those Who Do, Blog
A vast majority of blogs, however, gets to be known mostly through the links in other blogs and the good old word-of-mouth communication.
- BlogWorld & New Media Expo - Blogs Go Mainstream
Be a part of this comprehensive blogging convention, the BlogWorld & New Media Expo.
- Reinventing Nilgiri's Media
As a community media initiative The Local is the best thing that has happened to Nilgiris in a long time.
- Music, Web 2.0, and YOU
How the web 2.0 revolution has changed music production.
- Desicritic Mayank Soofi Makes Waves All Over
Blogger Soofi comes out as a skillful interviewer, drawing out well-known people to disclose value-adding trivia about their life-story.
- Rama in Tamil Tradition
The Sangam corpus is typically used as a reliable source for a lot of historical information about Tamil Nadu.
- Plagiarism In The Pakistani Blogosphere
A popular Pakistan blog The Pakistani Spectator copies an editorial from the national English daily Dawn.
- The "Real" World is Changing into the 24/7 Virtual Universe
it seems that it is this virtual universe that people are increasingly learning to love and inhabit.
- Whispers in New Delhi's Corridors of Power
Contacts are the life blood of a newsman; and Suresh had it in abundance. Whispers thrives on official shop-talk.
- Shoaib Malik - An Utterly Needless Controversy
It’s unfortunate that Shoaib’s gaffe came at the time that it did, but let’s not lose sleep over it, shall we?
- Confessions Of Webaholics: Internet Addiction Exposed
Compulsive Internet use isn’t uncommon, many of us admit to it, but is it fair to label such overuse as “addiction”?