Sports: Football (Soccer)
55 articles in category
Page 1 of 2, Go to page: 1, 2 [Next]
- Poetry: Beaten But Not Bruised, For Black Stars in 2010
I am here to say what score-lines, statistics will not show, not say
- Wrong Calls Kill a Country
How is the referee playing their role in the world cup?
- FIFA World Cup 2010: The Threshold
The World Cup might have come to Africa but Africa, it seems, failed to come to the World Cup.
- FIFA World Cup 2010: Shock & Draw
Some had progressed, some had already booked their flights back home, but the fates of most were undecided as on 21st June.
- The FIFA World Cup 2010 - A Sleeping Pill Called Jabulani?
Up next - shock & draw.
- Photo Essay: Chelsea vs. InterMilan Champions League Football Match
Match Report (including photos and video) of Chelsea vs InterMilan in their Champions League Clash.
- Chakravyuh 2010, IMT Ghaziabad - Your World Stops Here
This year was my first time and the three days i spent there were really some of the best days of my life.
- 2008 : Africa Cup of Nations
Tomorrows winner gets to represent the Confederation of African Football at the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup.
- Soccer: Jose Mourinho Quits Chelsea
Three years and six trophies later, Mourinho and Chelsea have parted ways
- Solving the World's Problems Through Soccer
Politics and Sports, When one doesn't work, why not try the other?
- Thierry Henry Quits Arsenal For FC Barcelona
Arsenal striker Thierry Henry confirms his transfer to FC Barcelona.
- European League Football Round-up: Summer 2007
The European football season varied from ever-dominance of ManU to a last minute win for Real Madrid
- UEFA Champions League: PSV - Arsenal 1-0
Arsenal, simply, never hit their stride
- From Galacticos to Galaxy, F1 In India And The Australian Open
A recap at the happenings in Soccer, Formula 1 and Tennis over the last week.
- FC Barcelona Pays To Use The UNICEF Logo On Their Kit
Normally the jersey logo would earn a leading club nearly $20,000,000 per year. However Barca paid UNICEF to use their logo! Could we try
- Beauty, in Slow-Mo: A tribute to Riquelme
Riquelme, the lazy genius, has announced his international retirement.
- The Day I Saw Steven Gerrard
At that moment, the distinction between a PSV fan or a Liverpool supporter was lost - everyone wanted to catch a glimpse of Stevie G.
- English Premier League 2006/07 - Season Preview
As another exciting football season approaches, here's a lowdown on the top four clubs in the English Premier League.
- Just Let Zidane Be
Quite frankly I don't understand what the fuss is all about.
- Now Repeat After Me. Zizou Is A Goonda -- A Rowdy
The Zizou Vs Matrix saga twisted and turned by the sensationalist Media to fit its own delusions.
- The World Cup Of Soccer: The Heart Matters
It is one sporting event that still continues to wear its heart on its sleeve.
- My Favourite World Cup Moment
His comeuppance came against France when Portugal lost and he was booed every time he moved a muscle.
- World Cup 2006: Portugal Issues Wayne Rooney Commerative Crotch Stamp
Classic Payback: stamping on Carvalho's very Portuguese crotch has earned Wayne Rooney his very own Portuguese crotch stamp.
- World Cup 2006: The Semi Finals - Penalty Shoot-outs: Not for the Faint Hearted
My approach to the penalty shoot-out changed drastically as I watched the duel at midnight between England and Portugal.
- In Zizou, the French Trust!
This is my ode to the greatest soccer player of this generation and one of the greatest ever - Zinedine Zidane. All I can say
- The Real World Cup Winner
As the World Cup draws to an end, one team has already declared itself a clear winner - Team Adidas.
- World Cup 2006: The Quarter-Finalists - The Old Order Strikes Back!
My predictions for what is going to happen in the quarter finals of the FIFA World Cup.
- Soccer: Technologically Challenged Sport
One thing is sure, using technology will not have another ‘Hand of God’ coming into play.
- Desicritics Editors' Picks - June 12- June 18
worth a read if you missed them earlier
- Protest Child Labour In Football!
The children are not paid for what they do. Doesn’t FIFA have a heart?
- Satire: India beat Brazil 5-0
Post half time the SC/ST/OBC players were supposed to take charge due to the policy posed by the Government.
- Football With The Family
Thanks to the prime time telecast slot, Mom and Dad are forced to watch football with their Son.
- Soccer World Cup 2006: Where Is Ronaldo?
Ronaldo, the golden boot of 2002, now resembles the fat, slow banana slugs so common here in the Pacific Northwest.
- England, Argentina Unconvincing
Favourites have their work cut out.
- The Missing Talents of World Cup 2006
The World Cup will definitely miss out on some of the greatest contemporary players.
- Fussball: Völler, Rijkaard, Gullit And a Spoil-sport Referee
Its interesting to observe the emotions, the celebrations and the controversies in any World Cup Football Finals.
- Rugby in Bangalore: Day 1
Rugby is a little known sport in India. Here is my account of a pleasant experience with the Bangalore rugby team.
- Arse-Lona 2006
'One elderly Frenchman inquired dryly: "Can't you English win this damn trophy without some drama?" - The Independent
- Champions League Final: A French Treat
This is perhaps a dream final - to have two well established powerhouses replete with international stars, and whose sole mandates are to play attacking,
- Champions League Final Preview: The Night of Love for Football Fans
Arsenal and Barcelona both play beautiful and mostly clean football. Both teams like to go for goals and keep up the attack.
- Being a Sports Fan Beyond Boundaries
The average sports fan misses the point.
- Au Revoir Highbury
As Arsenal gear up to move to their new stadium, Siddhartha Narayanan bids farewell to one of English football's "heritage sites".
- England's Chances In The World Cup: A Bane Of A Bone
The future is hazy for this England squad
- Yep! There is Too Much Cricket
Numbers don't lie...take a look. India is playing too much cricket.
- The Plight Of The Chinese Sportsperson
Two stories from China bring out the obstacles Chinese athletes face.
- Arsenal: Need To Win The Champions League
The concerns of the possibility of a club in trouble in the future are very real.
- Barcelona Advance To Champions League Quarters, Take Revenge For Last Year's Loss
Barcelona draw second leg 1-1 versus Chelsea to advance to the quarters of Champions League 3-2 on aggregate.
- The Plight Of The Woman Sportsperson
There are far more barriers a woman has to overcome than just those in the sporting arena.
- Barcelona Wins Part 1: Controversies Continue
A better attitude and appreciating Barcelona could translate into greater respect for the fans.
- Controversy As Usual Ahead Of Barca-Chelsea Match
As a Barca fan I will be rooting for the Catalanians.
If you care for sports, or hate the very idea of physical exercise, express yourself in this open comments space