370 articles in category
Page 1 of 13, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 [Next]
- Graphic Novel Review: Level 10 Studios' Comic Jump
The artwork is sumptuous and visually rich, not quite manga, yet the action-sequences owe a lot to the typical shonen manga series.
- Bootstrap Your Company
Don’t waste your money
- Book Review - Gamestorming by Dave Gray, Sunni Brown, and James Macanufo
The book was such an interesting read that I ended up finishing it within two days.
- A Debate Over Climate Change
Some future trajectories for the human race in terms of climate change
- Your Underwear Is Now Smart
In future, you and your mirror will be engaged in meaningful conversations - Mirror, mirror on the dresser, is my cholesterol any lesser?
- Book Review: Open Government
Collaboration, Transparency, and Participation in Practice
- Mobile Phones in India: Disappointing Fare
There is no ONE answer.
- Book Review: MySQL Admin Cookbook
99 great recipes for mastering MySQL configuration and administration
- Microsoft, Apple, Google - The Battle for Domination
The iPad will be no different, and Apple will continue to weave its net of circumvention yet again.
- Tag me a Price
Nothing in life comes without a price attached to it not even life itself.
- Beautiful Mathematics in Control Theory
What is common between stimulus packages, launch vehicles, robots and inverted pendulums?
- Technology Lapses
Technology fails to prove its absoluteness.
- Technology Betrayal
Technology is more or less fallible, even useless.
- Movie Review: Avatar - A Movie for the Theater Audience
I was in Pandora and I did not want to leave.
- Is The Apple iPad an i-Wash?
So, what is it? A phone? Or a MacBook? Or an Apple Netbook?
- Software Review: Seesmic Look - Twitter For The Masses
This does not translate to ubiquity but does increase the curiousness factor
- Making Universities Independent Makes Them More Productive
Let my universities go, paraphrasing old man Moses.
- Book Review: Atul Gawande’s The Checklist Manifesto: How to Get Things Right
A simple yet superb book on how checklists can dramatically improve medical practice.
- Google Says - Next Us with Nexus
Google's Nexus One announcement is even more significant given the timing.
- Book Review: Practical Intrusion Analysis
Prevention and Detection for the Twenty-First Century
- Gems of the Planet: Infinite Vision
"Intelligence and capability are not enough. There must be the joy of doing something beautiful."
- Book Review: The Leader’s Guide to Storytelling by Stephen Denning
Storytelling is an art of weaving the story in such a way that the audience keeps looking at you to know ‘what next’.
- To Tweet Or Not To Tweet - Word of the Year
The fact that Twitter has been most searched and so vastly used, especially in 2009 bears a strange coincidence with the recession.
- IIM CAT Snafu Continues - Mismanagement and Inconvenience
The first online CAT for the IIMs presented a poor showing for the institutes and the company conducting the test, Prometric.
- Mobile Number Portability in India - Rs. 19 Only
One of the biggest problems currently with changing your service provider is that you have to take a new number
- Soft Infrastructure Development: Role of Private Sector
Soft infrastructure systems precede hard infrastructure and are engines of social transformation.
- Google - Weaving a Worldwide Web
Clearly, Google has in myriad ways, taken on the likes of Microsoft and Apple, quietly from just being a search engine giant.
- Brand Confusion in Indian Pharma
These brands are akin to the pirated books we get on the foot-path; it has everything other than the rewards reaching the author
- Technology in Education
How does this software impact/ redefine the role of a teacher-student interaction?
- The Writer's Dilemma - Print Or Online Publishing?
Getting tons of money due to my writing would be good as would a villa somewhere in Brussels, but those are pipe dreams.
- Google Launches Sidewiki - Changing The Perspective
This can be the ultimate CRM tool, aggregating feedback conveniently juxtaposed with the brand/site.
- Tweeting the Kampala Riots: Access to Information
There is a gap in communication and there are ways to be able to fix that. You could easily be in the wrong place
- Apple Announces New Rocking iPods, Video Camera, And More
The best part of today's Apple iPod Event came at the very beginning.
- Book Review: Android Application Development
It is now the flagship software of the open handset alliance(OHA) committed to develop open standards for mobile devices.
- Book Review: Data Warehousing with SAP BW7, BI in SAP Netweaver 2004s
Architecture, Concepts and Implementation
- Book Review: The Nudist on The Late Shift
It mostly reads like a zinging thriller, on the lines of Hemingway meets Hunter S Thompson, without resorting to gonzo journalism.
- Social Consolidation - Facebook Acquires FriendFeed
Personally, I might move away from FriendFeed if it begins to look too much like Facebook, which I found to be shallow and boring.
- Book Review: The Art of Concurrency
A thread monkey's guide to writing parallel applications.
- Google vs. Microsoft - Battle Of The Century
Still, I consider myself very lucky to be living in the era of Microsft and Google.
- Book Review: The Data Access Handbook
Achieving optimal database application performance and scalability
- Book Review: SQL and Relational Theory
How to write accurate SQL code
- Mozilla Firefox 3.5, Plays Catchup, Sets Stage For Future
We're getting inured to the rapid pace of innovation in browsers, and look for something revolutionary.
- Book Review: Cloud Application Architectures
Building applications and infrastructure in the cloud
- Nandan Nilekani to Become Chairman of Unique Identification Authority of India
He is one of the few leaders in contemporary corporate India with a grasp on a wide range of issues tackled by present day India.
- Fiat Launches the Fiat Punto Grande in India
Evidently small is in, and car manufacturers are prepping for the Tata Nano's arrival in stores.
- Book Review: Gray Hat Python
Python programming for hackers and reverse engineers
- FlyDubai, Dubai's First Low Cost Carrier Starts Operations
As I see it, business and holiday travelers without much luggage could find this airline cheaper than its competitors.
- Maruti Suzuki Ritz - The Countdown Begins
Ten reasons to look forward to the new car.
- Book Review: The Google Way
How one company is revolutionizing management as we know it
- Oracle Acquires Sun Microsystems for $7.4 Billion
The strategic benefits that Oracle gains from this acquisition are far greater than the sum of the parts.
- The Pirate Bay Founders Sentenced in Landmark Copyright Infringement Case
While this verdict will likely not affect file-sharing in any significant way, it will have two pernicious effects.
- Book Review: Masterminds of Programming
Conversations with the creators of major programming languages
- Book Review: Beautiful Teams
Inspiring and cautionary tales from veteran team leaders
- The Power of the Youth
How kids are being involved in financial initiative based charities and helping make the world a better place to be in.
- Life in the Mountains of Samaria: Feeling Like a Duck at a Target Shoot
If you have an afternoon to yourself, you can count on some Israeli bureaucrat to find a way to waste it for you.
- Book Review: Network Know-How
An essential guide for the accidental admin