286 articles in category
Page 1 of 10, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 [Next]
- Photography Times Review: Sigma 150-500mm HSM OS
For the price, the Sigma 150-500mm lens is an excellent bang for the buck.
- Book Review: HTML 5 - Up And Running
This book does a good job of giving the reader a head start on the new way of doing things on the Web.
- Book Review: Friends with Benefits
A Social Media Marketing Handbook
- Microsoft, Apple, Google - The Battle for Domination
The iPad will be no different, and Apple will continue to weave its net of circumvention yet again.
- Game Review: Farmville
The game has become part of my daily routine.
- Book Review: Practical Intrusion Analysis
Prevention and Detection for the Twenty-First Century
- To Tweet Or Not To Tweet - Word of the Year
The fact that Twitter has been most searched and so vastly used, especially in 2009 bears a strange coincidence with the recession.
- PC Game Review: Plants Vs. Zombies
The zombies are a quirky lot from newspaper reading zombies to cheerleaders and bucket headed janitors
- Google - Weaving a Worldwide Web
Clearly, Google has in myriad ways, taken on the likes of Microsoft and Apple, quietly from just being a search engine giant.
- Google Launches Sidewiki - Changing The Perspective
This can be the ultimate CRM tool, aggregating feedback conveniently juxtaposed with the brand/site.
- Tweeting the Kampala Riots: Access to Information
There is a gap in communication and there are ways to be able to fix that. You could easily be in the wrong place
- Dear Brother Internet
Till the day he discovered that Savita bhabhi was actually a horny old man.
- To The Cynics With Love: An Ode to Twitter
The many ways Twitter is being used today, and a few answers to the most common criticisms.
- Social Consolidation - Facebook Acquires FriendFeed
Personally, I might move away from FriendFeed if it begins to look too much like Facebook, which I found to be shallow and boring.
- Twitter Targetted
Spam messages and botnet
- Additional Security For Online Card Transactions
The Banks have neglected their responsibilities by not alerting customers in a timely manner to the implementation of this policy.
- Google vs. Microsoft - Battle Of The Century
Still, I consider myself very lucky to be living in the era of Microsft and Google.
- Book Review: The Data Access Handbook
Achieving optimal database application performance and scalability
- Mozilla Firefox 3.5, Plays Catchup, Sets Stage For Future
We're getting inured to the rapid pace of innovation in browsers, and look for something revolutionary.
- Book Review: Using Google App Engine
Start Building and Running Web Apps on Google's Infrastructure
- Book Review: Gray Hat Python
Python programming for hackers and reverse engineers
- Book Review: Cisco Routers for the Desperate, 2nd Edition
Router and switch management, the easy way
- Book Review: The Google Way
How one company is revolutionizing management as we know it
- The Pirate Bay Founders Sentenced in Landmark Copyright Infringement Case
While this verdict will likely not affect file-sharing in any significant way, it will have two pernicious effects.
- Book Review: Network Know-How
An essential guide for the accidental admin
- Book Review: 97 Things Every Software Architect Should Know
The book is very much recommended, especially for getting that fresh perspective in situations when nothing seems to be working.
- Cisco Introduces Unified Computing System
Will Cisco's differentiators will be long-lasting or indeed, truly different?
- Innovation - That Strange Mythical Animal
Everybody wants innovation, but managing innovation is very difficult. Some views on innovation in firms
- Book Review: Hacking VoIP
Protocols, Attacks and Countermeasures
This book is aimed at those who have programmed in JS and have a working knowledge of the language.
- Racist Web Game Muslim Massacre Taken Down By Developer
"Ultimately it’s just a game where you blow the gently caress out of Arabs…"
- Book Review: Website Optimization
Speed, Search Engine and Conversion Rate Secrets
- Product Review: Google Chrome - The New New Thing
Google seems to bringing order to its cornucopia of services, slowly yet strategically.
- The CFO-CIO Crossover, Part III
The future of the CIO and CFO relationship, some thoughts...
- Degrees in the Virtual World?
Tertiary education and second life, is that what the future would be?
- The CFO-CIO Cross-over, Part II
The past and present of the CIO CFO relationship
- Broadband on Batteries
You can’t run a broadband service operating on batteries! It just does not work!
- The CFO-CIO Cross-over, Part I
The first of a series of three essays talking about the relationship between a CIO and CFO
- Differences Between Free Hosting and Paid Web Hosting
I ended up preferring the paid version for most of my blogs
- The Importance of Usability Testing
At this point, everything may seem settled, but it is critically important that this final implementation be evaluated for usability issues.
- Why Does Google Search Slap A Warning On Your Site?
Suicidal for your site
- Tips For Getting People To Visit Your Blog
Some points that I have seen that work
- Book Review: The Book of IMAP
IMAP is a more mature version of POP3 allowing users to manipulate operations on their mailboxes stored on the mail server.
- The Apple iPhone 3G: How Steve Jobs Fooled Me
All that was then, the iPhone is now old news. What is in the news however is its rejuvenated version – the iPhone 3G.
- Tech Review: Vysr - A Lookup Bar, Not A Toolbar
It aims to enhance the browsing experience by giving easy access to popular services within the current view of the web page.
- The World Congress of Information Technology 2008, Malaysia
Some thoughts on the discussions at the World Congress of Information TechnologyDr Bhaskar Dasgupta
NEWS | BizTech: Consumers, BizTech: Customer Service, BizTech: Economics, BizTech: Entrepreneurship, BizTech: Gadgets, BizTech: Globalization, BizTech: Innovation, BizTech: Internet, BizTech: Jobs, BizTech: Management, BizTech: Software, BizTech: Web 2.0, Media: Blogs, Media: Citizen Media, Media: Internet, BizTech: Companies
- The Marriage of Technology and Religion
Like hot water and noodles, we've cleverly mixed Religion and Technology to serve up God in an instant.
- Mumbai BlogCamp 3.0
Tarun and the gang did put a decent effort and clearly showcased an improvement from their previous stint.
- Apple is Wrong About the Safari Update via iTunes
Now, the job of a software updater should be just that - to update software.
- Book Review: The Book of Wireless
A Painless Guide to Wi-Fi and Broadband Wireless
- Blogetiquette for Dummies
This is a list of some things that I've culled under the general idea of good blogging etiquette.
- Tax Sensitivity in Electronic Commerce
Generally speaking, if you have high sales tax locally, then people will shop online more.
- Abuse of Corporate E-Mail in India
None of my friends working for the same companies here in the US abuse corporate email, while their counterparts in India do.
- The Illusion of Freedom of Speech
There is a deeper issue here regarding freedom of expression which many people seem to have missed
- Installing Ubuntu Linux 7.10, Gutsy Gibbon
Enter the Linux and open source world with South Africa's Ubuntu Linux, 7.10, "Gutsy Gibbon," with these easy install instructions.
- Microsoft + Yahoo = Microhoo: Can it beat Google?
Four central ideas surround the acquisition of Yahoo by Microsoft. But can they dream of beating Google?
- Microsoft Bids For Yahoo! Will Google Go For Apple?
Microsoft will likely leverage the strengths Yahoo! has in messaging, media and music over search.
One can almost sense “bugs” getting killed as the author goes about the discussions.