504 articles in category
Page 1 of 17, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 [Next]
- Why Do Women Wear Heels?
I'd rather have a man fall for my wit than for the way my hips move
- Delhi Belly For Beginners
Last night I dreamt that Delhi got a new bookstore in Mahipalpur!
- The Great Indian Drive
Driving in India is like the theory of Karma – do your best and leave the rest to your insurance company.
- Movie Review: Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai
The film conforms to the genre, being simultaneously a 70s-style crime thriller and a chronicle of an inflating hypercity.
- Photo Essay: Church of St. Stephens, Rochester Row
A curious little church tucked away into one of the small lanes of London
- Photo Essay: Roman Walls in London
The Roman Walls still stand in London, 2000 years later...
- Photo Essay: London Monument to the Great Fire of 1666
A monument to the great fire of 1666 in London
- On the Ban on Shivaji: Hindu king in Islamic India
Profanity & the Intellectual Fools! Nothing but the truth, the whole truth!
- Falling in Love
I wanted her to see how one could fall in love.
More than 77% of our country's population lives on less than 20 Rs per day. This is not any...
- The Feminist Hangover
Who’s going to rescue the world now that Superwoman has ousted Superman and killed the collaboration?
- Fiction: The Morning After
Survival first is the metropolitan mantra.
- Photo Essay: The Mouse Ran Up The Clock In The Horological Museum
A Horological Museum in London
- Fiction: The Park
A park separates them.
- Maturity Is An Age Thing
You can put a kid on the fast track but you can't make him an adult before his time.
- Garden Talk
Our garden has suffered a lot of neglect in recent months.
- Chaotic Bangalore Roads, Jackass Drivers, Inept Governments
Who in their right minds digs up roads just when the monsoon season starts?
- The SmartyPants Fetish
Have you ever asked a guy why he prefers blondes? Does anyone seek to understand the various fetishes and quirks that different men find appealing?
- An Un-Fair Psyche
The dusky and ‘how can she be happy’ dame gets back home after a long gruelling day at the office. She wipes her makeup
- Demolishing Homes in Delhi
The State is systematically disenfranchising the weakest sections of the society
- The Commonwealth Games Have Wrecked Delhi
The Construction activity for the Games makes the whole traffic situation a huge mess
- Fiction: I Am Jill's Unfulfilled Desire
Maybe they had both grown older, more able to accept things as they were, less inclined to hide away.
- Book Review: 10 Easy Walks in Old Delhi
The best way to know and say Hello to a city is walking around.
- Fiction: Dust
My fingers tremble and bunch up the sheet’s poppy flowers in a blundered watercolour stain and the heart misses more than a few necessary beats.
- Alone, White, and Female in India
What's the right advice for a young white woman travelling alone in India?
- Fiction: Bitter Coffee
She preferred espresso shots but he couldn't stand their acrid taste.
- Twitter Fiction: Twocial Etiquette
“Social boo-boo, telling someone you don’t follow them on Twitter.”
- From Ashes
"It’s that madness, that raw energy that used to make one want to read."
- The Children of India: A Volunteer Travel Experience
I became involved with a nonprofit based in Austin called The Miracle Foundation, which manages orphanages in India.
- Confessions of a Facebook Addict
My husband has a new term of endearment for me.....
- Travel Review: Louisville, Kentucky - Bourbon, Ali, & Sluggers
There is much more ground to be covered and bourbons to be drunk.
- Photography Times: Corpus Christi at Night
The most difficult part of nighttime photography is to determine how much illumination you want to see in your photos.
- Love Is In The Air...
If I leave out someone who really matters, I will be met with iciest of glares for the rest of the year.
- The Five Lettered Word
It is a word we women dread the most. We try to avoid it yet there’s no escaping it. Many of us have learned to
- Oh Calcutta!
I love Calcutta, I do. But more than four days there, and I'm yearning to get away from all the questions.
- Casual Racism in Advertising
Skin lightening creams are nothing but a thin manifestation of racism.
- Book Review: What Men Think About Sex - Guilt-Reading
I hate it when writers pull stunts like that, making a book sound like something else in its title.
- Photo Essay: Baker Street Underground Station
A photo essay on Barker Street, perhaps one of the oldest underground railway stations in the world.
- Saving The 'Feriwala'
Why a corporate takeover of the Indian 'bazaar' is not such a good idea.
- Should The Girl Ask The Guy Out?
Being the woman taking charge means one is playing an unusual role and there’s ample scope to be misunderstood
- My Looks Are Not Your Excuse
I had the passport into BabeLand. Long enough to make me wonder whether the fairy godmother was really a wicked witch in disguise
- Surviving at the Margins: The Politics of Eviction and Resettlement in Delhi
What was to follow was a tragedy of immense proportions in post independent India that was ignored in the mainstream media.
- Joy, Killjoy of Thesis, Antithesis: Waterless Urinals & Water Crisis
I think everything in this world happens first as a farce, then as a tragedy.
- How To Improve Your Traffic Life
You cannot defeat the traffic so let it pass through you.
- The Wall Project: Boycott Aladin, Canvas, Gair & London Dreams For Boorish Publicity
Boycott the movies Aladin, Canvas, Gair and London Dreams, whose posters vandalize a community drive.
- Fiction: The Cry Of The Pecker
He was a horny 60 year old bastard lusting after a 36 year old woman.
- Should Prostitution Be Legalised?
All problems solved, legalise prostitution and we have a perfectly just and fair society. Is it so?
- The Song of the Infidel
Looking for Divinity in an Age of one night stands
- The "It's Complicated" Relationship
Hell, I feel like ‘It’s complicated’ applies even to my career.
- Media - Praise Only After Death
The Media reflects the signs of an increasingly over-suspicious and negative attitude breeding in our society.
- The Wall Project: BMC Plays Tom Sawyer, Everyone Wins!
Here's the chess board representing order and structure, being ripped apart by a hand (whose model was a street kid called Sultan).
- Has Terrorism Robbed us of our Humanity?
Terrorism targets the fabric of a Civilized society trying to ignite the fires of Revenge,Anger, & a thirst for Blood in the hearts of unsuspecting
- The Man-Child: Tribulations Of A Twenty-Five-Old
25 seems to be right time to call him a man-child. It's watching his adulthood in its crystallization.
- Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission – A Panacea And Its Side Effects
The JNNURM flounders mid-stream - this article gives an overview with comments on the progress of the Mission.
- Climate Change - Opportunities for Change
With urban areas becoming more and more vulnerable, migration will not be a long-term solution.
- Torrential Rains Pound Delhi
What would happen if it did not stop raining?