554 articles in category
Page 1 of 19, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 [Next]
- Defending The Indefensible
What do you do when you are caught with your pants down?
- Book Review: The Power of Half
Does this book bring out the farce that aid is? No. Because they are still very innocent and idealistic in their "giving"
- A-vivek of N-Arundhati
When Narundhati treks through the jungles as a guest of Maoists, her biases ignore the blisters on her city feet.
- Mr. Prime Minister, You've Disappointed Us Again
Torture or no torture, the whole media briefing needs to be forgotten in a hurry
- Tharoor, Sania, IPL, and Other National Distractions
People in public office should focus their attention on matters of public concern rather than being a constant distraction, twittering their foibles or phoning them
- Unleash The Paparazzi Hounds
Celebrities need to be reigned in.
- Fallen Role Models - Keeping The Value
This kind of extreme reaction serves no one - not the media, not the people.
- Homosexuality Versus Violation of Privacy
When I read about this case, I hoped that the story would be about how AMU stood by Dr.Siras and how police immediately were looking
- Phir Mile Sur or Frivolous Mile Sur?
The new version has been launched with so much Bollywood emphasis that the Olympics medal winners have been pushed to the very end of the
- Book Review: Looking East To Look West - Lee Kuan Yew's Mission India
The India-Singapore Story.
- Haagen-Dazs, Mistaken Cause
Mad that foreigners offended Indian dignity at the new Haagen-Dazs franchise? Not so fast, folks. How about the facts?
- Media - The Sure Race to Stupid
Cue the shepherd; the sheep are ready.
- Bad News at My Doorstep - Surprises After a Target Shoot
No rest for the wicked! A long day at meetings and target practice - and more work when I get home!!
- Publicity from Audacity
As if the trauma suffered wasn't enough, to be put through a revision of those events can only be seen as sheer opportunism and nothing
- The Times of India - Not For You and Me?
I think responsible organizations and media houses draw their own lines in reporting and journalism.
- Nawwab and I: Teflon Hilary
She took their darts. Deflected most. Smiled a lot.
- Allen Mendonca - Gone Too Soon, Bangalore Will Miss You
Maintaining a steadfast belief in people's goodness and dedication to cultivating this goodness in oneself and others epitomizes what Allen lived by.
- Tweeting the Kampala Riots: Access to Information
There is a gap in communication and there are ways to be able to fix that. You could easily be in the wrong place
- Media - Praise Only After Death
The Media reflects the signs of an increasingly over-suspicious and negative attitude breeding in our society.
- Chandan Mitra, The Real Winner
It has everything to do with the facade of respectability that politicians wear but slips off in such occasions.
- Book Review: The Nudist on The Late Shift
It mostly reads like a zinging thriller, on the lines of Hemingway meets Hunter S Thompson, without resorting to gonzo journalism.
- Nawwab and I: Dot & Buddy
You drive on the highways frequently. That does not make you an expert highway engineer.
- Has Terrorism Robbed us of our Humanity?
Terrorism targets the fabric of a Civilized society trying to ignite the fires of Revenge,Anger, & a thirst for Blood in the hearts of unsuspecting
- A Tale of Two Presidents
Our politicians aided by the media will never discuss serious issues. I have given up hope about our media.
- Forgive Kasab! Hate his Sin, Not the Sinner!
A man, you and I, are worst monsters in our personal lives! Let's not forget that! Don't condone the Sin, but condone the Sinner, let
- Wordfest 2009, Grahamstown Festival, English Museum, Performance Poetry, Pritish Nandy, and More
Performance Poetry at Grahamstown Festival, South Africa 2009.
- Observer Cronkite Dead: "And that's the way it is."
“Our job is only to hold up the mirror — to tell and show the public what has happened.”
- TV Review: Sach Ka Saamna - India's Moment of Truth
The psychodrama comes because the contestants come across as well-meaning people, until the camera probes beneath the surface.
- Obama's Speech in Cairo - Reactions on the Ground
A Momentous Event that could transform the course of the History of Our World.
- A Media Check, Mate!
It is no fun watching the same footage of an Indian being beaten up by Australians in a train.
- Election Result Coverage: 10 Hours of Relentless Viewing
Everyone seems ready to applaud and bid a warm farewell to L.K.Advani. This is utter crap.
- Movie Review: Oliver Stone's W.: An Unexpected Bush Biopic
W. is a film that provides insight into the psyche of a man whom people have already judged and learned to dismiss
- Sophistry in Indian Media
TOI has mastered the art of sophistry, and their incessant campaigns on every issue are only becoming annoying
- Glorifying the Hack Historian
Romila Thapar was never really a historian.
- Outrageous Claim in The Lancet: 1,63,000 Indians die in Fire Accidents Yearly
BBC and Time sensationaliZe a research that estimates 1,63,000 people die of fire accidents every year in India.
- Barkha Dutt And NDTV, The Joke Is On You!
So Chyetanya Kunte is the latest victim of media intimidation. I'm not going to rehash the same excellent...
- poetry: different suns
tomorrow is another sunrise away for you
- Sri Lanka: Lasantha Wickrematunge, Journalist, Predicted Own Murder
How far would you believe the news coming out of a country that Human rights groups call as one of the most dangerous places in
- What if the New York Times Did Not Exist?
What will happen to our web 2.0 world and society at large if the NY Times folds?
- The Trap Terrorists Have Laid For India and Pakistan
India and Pakistan have fallen in the trap laid by the terrorists
- Flying Shoe-cers
This little stunt has, on the surface, brought it back to the forefront.
- Obituary: Sabina Sehgal Saikia
Sabina will be sorely missed in the food writers world.
- Disjointed Questions on the Bombay Blasts and Its Aftermath
Questions and musings in my mind over the past 48 hours.Kim
OPINION | Media: Events, Media: Citizen Media, Culture: Urban, Culture: Society, Culture: Personal History, Culture: Crime, Culture: City Life, Culture: Bureaucracy, Media: Journalism, Media: News, Media: Television, Politics: World, Politics: War on Terror, Politics: War, Politics: Terrorism, Politics: Peace, Politics: Laws, Politics: India, Politics: Governance, BizTech: Management
- Deconstructing the Orthodox - C. P. Aboobacker in Conversation
E-publishing, as I do it, has no difference from orthodox publishing. But the possibilities of the former are various and varied.
- P. Sainath and Farmers' Suicides in India
Good reporting is lost in the blind rhetoric of anti-globalization.
- Do Locals Hold 90% of The Jobs in Mumbai?
Be careful of what you read these days. Validation is critical as everybody is driven by their own agenda
- Thekedaars of the Middle-Class?
Where exactly are we headed in the future as far as freedom of critical commentary is concerned?
- Some Thoughts on Uri Avnery's "Manifest Destiny"
Uri Avnery's one saving grace is that he demands honesty. I don't agreew with the rest, but 100% agreement is found only in the
- Meeting Troy Davis: A Lesson in Faith and Forgiveness
Meeting Troy Davis has taught me that faith and godliness exist in the oddest of places
- IIT Spouses Are Women? Unbelievable!
Coming from the alumni of a premier educational institute, it doubly sucks.
- Attacks on Churches and Christians in India - Violence in Mangalore
Why are atrocities against Christians being downplayed in the media?Kim
NEWS | Media: Journalism, Media: Events, Media: Citizen Media, Culture: Urban, Culture: Society, Culture: Social Issues, Culture: Religion, Culture: Crime, Culture: City Life, Media: News, Media: Newspapers, Politics: Religion, Politics: Peace, Politics: Laws, Politics: India, Politics: Governance, Politics: Freedom, Politics: Elections, Politics: Corruption, Media: Television, Culture: Bureaucracy
- M F Hussain Cleared of Obscenity Charges - A Question of Dignity
The more I force myself to look at Hussain’s work rationally, the more I feel that our Constitution has been taken for a ride.
- Sorrow of Bihar
The fury of Kosi continues unabated but for these representatives of people it has boiled down to who gets the maximum accolades in this time
- Revolution? You Kill My Guests I'll Kill Yours
The Talebans kill civilians in the name of Allah. His name also plays on the lips of the dying.
- Persevere - And Change Your World
If you want to change world views, opinions, thoughts, policies, laws….. There is only one sustainable way…. Persevere.
- The Story of "London Tod Singh" Is More Than You Know
How many more “London Tod Singhs” do we have left ? Sixty and more years after independence, certainly not many
- News Analysis, Electronic Media and Journalistic Integrity
A good analyst can conclude from the blind men's reports of examining an elephant that they were describing a large animal.
- Book Review : Diplomatic Baggage: The Adventures of a Trailing Spouse
Not a book you want to buy or gift a friend who is going to be a Trailing Spouse.
- Aarushi Talwar Murder Case: The Truth Locked In
After months of capturing the media headlines, the Aarushi murder case has finally seen some answers.
- Play Review: Lucknow 76
The plot of the play was based on politics and history, shifting between two time frames of 1876 and 1976.