386 articles in category
Page 1 of 13, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 [Next]
- When will Election Debates Matter in India?
Election debates can help create a level playing field in the flawed Democratic setup in India
- Tharoor, Sania, IPL, and Other National Distractions
People in public office should focus their attention on matters of public concern rather than being a constant distraction, twittering their foibles or phoning them
- Abusing the British Welfare State
When Diarmuid asks the wife what she feels about sponging off the state, she points to her husband and goes “it is his fault! He
- Homosexuality Versus Violation of Privacy
When I read about this case, I hoped that the story would be about how AMU stood by Dr.Siras and how police immediately were looking
- My Name Is Khan - Media Holds India Hostage
Over a period of an entire week, SRK emerged as new age India's freedom fighter against Sena and its goons.
- Phir Mile Sur or Frivolous Mile Sur?
The new version has been launched with so much Bollywood emphasis that the Olympics medal winners have been pushed to the very end of the
- The Day The Sur Died
This was nothing but a bunch of actors being taken to a bunch of scenic spots, and asked to smile at the camera.
- TV Review: Colors Bingo Fails to Click
To put it baldly, Colors Bingo is the worst, most ill-conceived poorly produced product-promo show ever on television
- TV Censorship Issues
Personally, I feel that Indians need to grow out of this censorship business.
- Media - The Sure Race to Stupid
Cue the shepherd; the sheep are ready.
- The (Sur)real World of Indian Television
Ranging from bizarre to downright pathetic, the ideology behind most of whats on the idiot box nowadays escapes me.
- Nawwab and I: Teflon Hilary
She took their darts. Deflected most. Smiled a lot.
- Megalomaniacs Abound In Bigg Boss Season 3
There is a layer of unreal greasiness to the show that oils our voyeuristic judgemental streak.
- A Panacea For Evil Looks
Now we know why uncle Bhushan can't perform in spite of four marriages.
- Media - Praise Only After Death
The Media reflects the signs of an increasingly over-suspicious and negative attitude breeding in our society.
- Sach Ka Saamna - Is There a Social Impact?
How do we expect a machine to understand, diagnose and rule a verdict on love?
- Recruiting Gods To Sell Programming
God helps those who help themselves. Channels are learning this fast.
- Soul Search Or Strip Search?
The brouhaha over a US airline detaining Shah Rukh Khan. Is it worth it?
- Satire: Kasab Ka Samna
"You can keep your bovine beauties and pachydermal princesses to yourself. Allah will give me 72 virgins when I embark on my final journey."
- Songs for Pakistan
Good patriotic songs have an innate quality to rouse its audiences and strike a genuine chord throughout the nation.
- Censoring Liberty: Sach Ka Saamna
Desi public in general are Johns addicted to the incorrigible salacious whore called Liberty
- Observer Cronkite Dead: "And that's the way it is."
“Our job is only to hold up the mirror — to tell and show the public what has happened.”
- TV Review: Sach Ka Saamna - Moment of Truth
It's the thought police coming to get you.
- TV Review: Rakhi Sawant's Swayamvar
NDTV Imagine's venture is a slap on the collective intelligence of the people.
- TV Review: Sach Ka Saamna - India's Moment of Truth
The psychodrama comes because the contestants come across as well-meaning people, until the camera probes beneath the surface.
- Watching An Indian Soap: Choti Bahu
An entire world of make belief made "real"
- A Postmodern Wedding
Occasionally our cultural climate doles out opportunities to compensate for the cinematic inadequacy of our lives.
- Changing Perspective
One must be true to the art they are passionate about.
- The Palin-Letterman Skirmish & A "Biased" Media
The whole charade has made for some very interesting television and media moments.
- Poetry: Oh! How Times Have Changed!
there, you have the whole world / in a cliched nutshell
- Tweaking Reality, MTV style - Part 3
The Roadies 6.0 cast had an interesting set of characters.
- Election Result Coverage: 10 Hours of Relentless Viewing
Everyone seems ready to applaud and bid a warm farewell to L.K.Advani. This is utter crap.
- Tweaking Reality, MTV Syle - Part 2
MTV Roadies has become one of the most popular reality shows on Indian television, but is it losing it's shine ?
- Tweaking Reality, MTV Style - Part 1
Reality shows are human emotion craftily packaged, but can over-strategizing a popular show ruin it?
- The Celebrity Apprentice Finale: A Let Down For Working Women
It was a sad night for working women who struggle against the stereotypes that Joan Rivers' reinforced on Celebrity Apprentice.
- MTV Roadies Hell Down Under: And The Winner Is...
The wrap-up was rather quick, with little of the emo drama one has come to expect from the vote-outs each week.
- MTV Roadies 6.0: Was it The Promised Hell Down Under?
Anything that doesn't go according to script, works wonders for reality shows and they just bask in that glory.
- Whose God is Great? Another Carnage in Lahore
The killings go on. The blame game goes on. And more killings go on.
- Jade Goody and the Sanctity of Death
A death bed scene cannot really be telecast like a 20-20 cricket match of the IPL.
- MTV Roadies: Bloodshed In Gandhinagar
Yeah, maintaining one's dignity has never been a wannabe Roadie's forte;)
- MTV Roadies: Departure Of The Shrew
One thing is for sure, except for airheaded Paulami and the docile Samrat, the rest of the neurotic crowd is sure to provide us with
- Barkha Dutt And NDTV, The Joke Is On You!
So Chyetanya Kunte is the latest victim of media intimidation. I'm not going to rehash the same excellent...
- Shalom, Salam and Hello
Three seminal events that will cast their shadows for long.
- MTV Roadies: The Hellish Indian Mentality Laid Bare
The ugly underbelly of India was laid bare in all its festering rottenness and the episode left a sour taste in my mouth.
- Eliminating Indo-Pak Tensions
So what can be done to permanently eliminate the tension?
- MTV Roadies - Hell Between The Legs
MTV Roadies-Hell Down Under seems to have turned gorgeous Rajasthan into a simmering desert of politicking,kitty-fights,shit-picking rigor,ball-whacking terror and tears of sadness.
- Bollywood's Coming Of Age
The Hindi movies I have been watching lately have the triumphs and fantasy that escapism offers and the realistic depiction of earthy stories that art
- Movie Review: Slumdog Millionaire
Do not expect poetry but pithy prose
- Poem For Barack, Michelle, Sasha, and Melia Obama
your silence is intriguing and deafening
- Arnab Goswami on Times Now
Arnab goes overboard with Pakistani guests, unnecessarily
- Mumbai Musings And Talking Terrorism
While questions, allegations continue, I believe that in the end it boils down to personal responsibility...the buck begins and stops with us all.
- Mumbai - Does the Media Decide our Response?
While people were searching for their dead ones at the CST, the media continued its focus on Taj.
- Indian Television Media: Things going wrong?
The advantage of an active media is that other elements of society are very careful about how they conduct themselves.
- Reality Show: Terror Mumbai
Well past 3:30am I collapsed into bed from sheer exhaustion. Emotional roller-coasters are tiring and I'd been riding for over 5 hours nonstop.
- Disjointed Questions on the Bombay Blasts and Its Aftermath
Questions and musings in my mind over the past 48 hours.Kim
OPINION | Media: Events, Media: Citizen Media, Culture: Urban, Culture: Society, Culture: Personal History, Culture: Crime, Culture: City Life, Culture: Bureaucracy, Media: Journalism, Media: News, Media: Television, Politics: World, Politics: War on Terror, Politics: War, Politics: Terrorism, Politics: Peace, Politics: Laws, Politics: India, Politics: Governance, BizTech: Management
- TV Review: Apparitions
The series has started promisingly and the concept of exorcist gunslingers defending the modern world against ancient monsters is an interesting one.
- Ashutosh the Big Boss 2 Final Winner
A riveting drama
- Whisper, There's No Such Thing As A Happy Period
Petals? Yeah sure, twisted, stinky, nauseating petals came to mind.