Media: Films - Bollywood
515 articles in category
Page 2 of 18, Go to page: [Previous] 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 [Next]
- Bolly Saga: The Case Of The Missing Brain
You don’t have to be remotely connected to medicine to appreciate that you’re being taken for a ride here.
- Movie Review: Paa
Paa is surprisingly humorous and witty, two adjectives that you’d never expect reading the synopsis.
- Movie Review: Kurbaan
Kurbaan uses the clichéd plot of Islamic terrorism against the US but then they throw in the love angle which is as absurd as Vinod
- Movie Review: Paa
While it isn't exactly a gem, it has just about enough going for it.
- Movie Review: Kurbaan - Typically Stereotypical
Kurbaan proves yet again that Karan Johar is incapable of churning out anything but the worst stereotypes.
- Movie Review: Kurbaan
If you like your films to be formulaic, go for this because you'll find this gritty and what not, and in all probability will love
- Music Review: Blue
This is a Music Review of latest album Blue from the Mozart of Madras AR Rahman.
- Movie-Making & Story-Telling: Jail - Epic Fail!
I'm not willing to like a movie simply because it has a great concept.
- Movie Review: Madhur Bhandarkar's Jail
Madhur Bhandarkar's latest offering is Jail, which claims to offer an inside view on the unseen world of prisons in India.
- Bollywood: Miles Away From Bharat
Several Bollywood movies have been made on Pakistan, Terrorism, even Gay and Lesbian relationships but none has been made on Naxalism or Farmer Suicides.
- Movie Review: Aladin
To sum it up, it is a squandered opportunity.
- Movie Review: Wake Up, Sid
There's something about Wake Up, Sid which makes it seem like a recipe. No, not for disaster.
- Movie Review: Love, Aaj Kal - So How, Aaj Kal?
When men of my generation were in their youth, they were seriously traumatized by "Fatal Attraction"
- Love, Bollywood & Sufism
Islam/Sufism helped me regain my own path and Faith i.e. Hinduism.
- Movie Review: Love, Aaj Kal - Bollywood, Love, & Entitlement
There are lots of subtleties throughout the film and in constructing the parallels of the two tales which I found worthy of appreciation.
- Movie Review: Love, Aaj Aur Kal
Why I did I forget a movie that I just saw a few moments ago?
- Shahrukh Khan's Detention Drama: Spare Some Thought For non-Muslim Victims
It seems that most kaffirs like me have generally accepted them, because they go through the save regulations on a daily basis, but never make
- Let's Stop Over-reacting To Security Incidents
This hangover of giving VIP, VVIP, VVVIP, X, Y, Z category security blah blah is a culture prevalent in India and not in the US.
- 30 Second Summary - August '09 Edition
Like all good things, except chocolates and ice cream, our movie summaries come in small, (non-digital) bite-sized packets.
- Dr.Shah Rukh Khan Gets His Ph.D - Dilwale Doctorate Le Jayenge
The University of Bedforshire conferred an honorary PhD upon the King Khan, making him Dr.Khan
- Movie Review: Kambakkht Ishq - Desi Hypocrisy Laid Bare
Desi hypocrisy was laid bare - Men can fuck around but women must remain frigid men hating sex scared moralistic bitches.
- Movie Review: Kambakkht Ishq
Kambakkht Ishq opens the doors of Bollywood to failed actors and once-upon-a-time hotshots a chance to face the arclights again!
- Movie Review: Kal Kissne Dekha - Misses The Bus
Instead of making his son look into the future, Vashu should have looked into this film's future.
- Movie Review: Kal Kissne Dekha - Maine kal ko dekha!
How many times have we seen this happen, where star kids in the midst of all the fanfare have seen their dreams squashed by the
- Amicable End To Producer-Multiplex Strike in Bollywood
Movies mean money and that should continue along with entertainment.
- Kajol - The One and Only
As they say, for some there is only a beginning but no end. She will ever remain fresh in memory just like it is today.
- Regional Cinema & Hollywood Beat Bollywood During Strike
Looking back, the strike has been a boon to the regional cinema in a major way and to Hollywood too.
- Aamir Khan - Shahrukh Khan: Bade Miyan, Chhote Miyan
One can't say if one is better than the other but recent performances point to Aamir being bade miyan and SRK being chhote miyan.
- Feroz Khan - The Cowboy of the East
You will be missed, cowboy.
- Bollywood: Top 10 Tax Payers Of 2008-09
Bollywood has certainly come a long way since the days when there used to be mega raids on superstars' houses.
- Movie Review: Royal Utsav - Nothing Royal About It!
Five movies have released this week despite the producers-multiplexes strike. In retrospect, none of them should have been released.
- Movie Review: Meri Padosan - Beyond Boring
The distributors of this film are in for a shock from which they will not recover easily. If it works for even a day, it
- Movie Review: Ek Se Bure Do - Double Whammy For Arshad
So, dear audience, if you know what is good for you, stay clear of these trash films.
- Visiting Ramoji Film City
The day was well spent, and worth the bucks.
- Top 5 Lesbian Bollywood Icons
Bollywood stars who make excellent lesbian icons due to their strength, personality and various character portrayals
- Movie Review: 8x10 Tasveer - Akshay In A New Avataar
Nagesh Kukunoor has walked away from his arty image to an Abbas Mastaan genre. He has succeeded up to a point.
- Movie Review: Gulaal - The End Of Democracy
Besides these minor flaws, Gulaal is hard hitting cinema at its best.
- Movie Reviews: Gulaal & Jai Veeru
One is a social thriller and the other is a mindless action flick. Depending on your taste, they will either make you fly or fry.
- Mira Nair, You Are Clever!
Salaam Bombay! is getting re-released! Yes, according to Nair, it will release across the country tentatively in May.
- Ishq-Mohabbat-Pyaar-Vyaar: A Tribute to Filmy Love
The influence of films hasn’t made matters any easier for those of us struck by Cupid’s arrow.
- Movie Reviews: 13b, Dhoondte Reh Jaoge, Karma Aur Holi
If you are ready to take a peek, let’s go on a roller coaster ride to know what they are about.
- Movie Review: Kisse Pyar Karoon – Time Pass Comedy
Keep your brains at home when you go to watch this flick.
- Movie Review: Siddhaarth – The Prisoner
A Spiritually Thrilling Drama
- What Does Slumdog Do For The Real Slumdogs In Dharavi
About 65 millions Indians live in slums, almost a quarter of the urban population and more than one third of Mumbai residents live in slums.
- Slumdog Takes Home The Millions And The Oscar!
A R Rahman's Oscar acceptance speech may very well be the answer to all the Slumdog haters out there.
- Movie Review : Delhi 6
The old pathways still have a way of bonding antagonists that goes beyond recent ideologies.
- Movie Review: Slumdog Millionaire - Phir Bhi Dil Hai Filmistani
I doubt anyone going through the Indian education system could really, truly care about learning and knowing more.
- Social Networking & Billu
In today’s world, it is not enough to be well educated or well qualified to go up the ladder, it is all about who you
- Movie Review : Dev D, Cult To The Core
Its just a question of whether the sensibilities of such a film hit the right spot in your mind or not.
- Movie Review : Anurag Kashyap's Dev D
Anurag Kashyap takes Sarat Chandra's Devdas head on, in a visually well-crafted movie.
- Movie Review: Ramchand Pakistani
It is not every day that we hear the title of a revered Hindu god and Pakistani in the same sentence.Aditi Nadkarni
REVIEW | Politics: Immigration, Politics: India, Politics: South Asia, Politics: Pakistan, Culture: Society, Culture: Social Issues, Culture: Films, Culture: Bureaucracy, Media: Films - Bollywood, Media: Films - Hollywood, Media: Films - Hindi, Media: Film - Actors, Media: Film - Directors, Media: Films, Politics: World
- Movie Review: Slumdog Millionaire - Shock and Aww
A film that wants to both be a fairy-tale and capture urban poverty but falters on both counts.
- Bollywood's Coming Of Age
The Hindi movies I have been watching lately have the triumphs and fantasy that escapism offers and the realistic depiction of earthy stories that art
- Tapan Sinha Left Us Today
FimmakerTapan Sinha born on 2 October 1924, left us today
- Amitabh Bachchan: Slumdog Millionaire Shows India as Third World's Dirty Underbelly
Can you imagine what it would do to our international image if people saw that we have dirty railway stations and snotty street-children?
- Sanjay Dutt a Security Threat - Ram Jethmalani
His stand against Bollywood’s Munnabhai, labeling him as security threat to the nation, to me appears to be nothing but letmegetbackatya aka a revenge scheme.
- Movie Review: Slumdog Millionaire
Do not expect poetry but pithy prose
- Film Review: Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi
Will not be surprised if the DVD gets gifted around for wedding anniversaries.
- Movie Review: Ghajini
Directors remaking their own films is not a new phenomenon.
- Movie Review: Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi
Aditya Chopra tries to balance two worlds and loses the balance.