36 articles in category
Page 1 of 2, Go to page: 1, 2 [Next]
- How To Sleep During Office Hours
Mental toughness is the key to success here. For better results you can keep a couple of these farting giants as your source of inspiration.
- Do Politicians Deserve Pay Hikes?
I know these are very uncomfortable questions. But I expect no politician, however astute he may be should duck these questions and move on.
- Bootstrap Your Company
Don’t waste your money
- Book Review: Rework
As the book says, “Change the way you work forever.”
- IT Outsourcing Can Actually Increase a Firm’s IT Spend
IT Outsourcing is not a panacea for reducing costs, it can do other things, but not reduce costs
- The Robin Hood Tax - A Crock of Brown Organic Matter
The Robin Hood Tax needs to be thought out more. Perhaps withdrawn.
- In Death We Differ
We apparently take sides with the powerless. The question is who is powerless?
- Jet Airways Strike Ends - Victory for Labour
It remains to be seen how long flights will take to return to normal, and whether this will have a lasting impact on Jet Airways'
- Another Interview
Making eye contact with a prospective employer in this pure land of ours doesn't do you any favors.
- One Foul Job Ad
At the time of this writing, the "end client" who had actually asked for non-Indian applicants only had not been touched by any of this.
- Fiction: Maternity Leave
Rajeev had nothing against hiring women or giving them maternity benefits
- Top Reasons to Fire Your Employees in the IT Slowdown
Unusually faulty policies followed by IT companies to fire employees.
- The National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme and its Implications
The lasting legacy of the Manmohan Singh government may lie tucked away in a legislation passed in 2005.
- Photo Essay: These Window Washers Are Nuts
A photo essay of window cleaners and their equipment up on skyscrapers in London
- WorkExp.Com Goes Offline - The Whisper Board for Bad News
It became a safety valve, in part, for the stressed employee, serving to reinforce, negatively, his feelings about his company.
- Should Mental Illnesses Be Disclosed To Employers?
Until society starts to accept mental illness as just another ailment, the mentally ill should be allowed to conceal their affliction
- California is Becoming the Pakistan of the USA
The financial challenges of managing a state like California
- Action Sociology: Human Rights with Sanitation
Pathakji has transcended anger and hatred to make a difference, a big difference, through social entrepreneurship.
- Jet Airways Reverses Layoffs, Naresh Goyal Apologizes
Mr. Goyal apologized to the employees and indicated that the move might have been a hasty decision.
- What Do You Do For A Living?
Most people are unable to earn money from their passion. Most people are unable to devote time to their passion.
- The Benefits of Joblessness
As long as there are economic benefits to not working, unemployment will not decrease
- Book Review: One Night @ The Call Center
Bhagat warns the reader very early not to expect a work of Naipaul or Rushdie.
- The World Congress of Information Technology 2008, Malaysia
Some thoughts on the discussions at the World Congress of Information TechnologyDr Bhaskar Dasgupta
NEWS | BizTech: Consumers, BizTech: Customer Service, BizTech: Economics, BizTech: Entrepreneurship, BizTech: Gadgets, BizTech: Globalization, BizTech: Innovation, BizTech: Internet, BizTech: Jobs, BizTech: Management, BizTech: Software, BizTech: Web 2.0, Media: Blogs, Media: Citizen Media, Media: Internet, BizTech: Companies
- Attrition And New Recruits
Especially new joinees leave the firm, a little after the embryonic stage of their job career cycle.
- Recovery Agent : Evolution of the Gentleman Goon
So are debt collectors going to be India’s latest export? It would seem to be so.
- Foreign Investment Causes Child Labor?
Does foreign direct investment cause child labour?
- H-1Bs, Immigration Policies and US Jobs
Little is known to those outside of the IT world the legalities, and oftentimes corrupted practices taking place right here in the USA.
- Access To Credit Should Be Recognised As Human Right
Credit for everybody is not a panacea for all ills but trying to get there is not bad either
- Activism - The Forgotten Facet of Being American
This nation is built and run by immigrants of today and yesterday.
- Why Do Doctors Get A Raw Deal?
Why do you claim yourselves to be the watchdogs of society when you can't even pinpoint the problem staring in your face?
- Reliance Fresh vs. Inefficiency - Smart vs. Stupid
if you can do suicide bombing for inner struggle objectives or secessionist objectives, why can you not do it for opposing Reliance Fresh?
- Social Responsibility — Not Just Corporate Responsibility
Whether we should begin talking not just about corporate social responsibility but the common responsibility of the citizen.
- Desi Gigolos - Candy, Not Crème Brûlée
The hunters were mostly thirty-something urban women, hunting in packs.
- Are Call Centres Killing Young People's Ambitions
There was a time in the not too distant past when the specter of the educated unemployed in India was huge.
- Goa's Politics and Kalidasa
No tourist should be seen in Goa post December 28th.
- A New Kind of Doctor
In a profession like medicine is the merit list the best indicator of who is the best kind of doctor?