50 articles in category
Page 1 of 2, Go to page: 1, 2 [Next]
- Poetry: The Wrath of Water
silence cascades from under the minarets / the walking dead, doleful and diffident wander aimlessly
- A Debate Over Climate Change
Some future trajectories for the human race in terms of climate change
- Pakistani Ineptitude - Mega Flood Looming
The last one in 1841 swept away the Sikh army camping at Attock to change the course of history
- Capitalism, Socialism and Gasoline
If wishes were horses, commonsense would be jobless!
- Alternate Routes to the USA – Considering the Volcanic Ash
Alternate routes to the USA must be explored
- Tarbela Dam & Karkoram Highway Threatened in Pakistan
The question that should be boggling every Indian’s mind is how can India help?
- The Filth That We Are Comfortable With
Bangalore drowns in filth, no one cares and corporate responsibility has never been more meaningless.
- Change, or the Climate Will Change You!
India needs to gain the strategic and the moral high ground in this game to be a recognized leader of the world. Can we do
- Climate Change App For the iPhone
The app allows visitors to the Swiss Alps to visualize change in glacier levels
- Book Review: Living Green - The Missing Manual
The book has been written from the perspective of a person living green.
- Beyond Words
There is an immense treasure of Intelligence within and out there, that lies beyond the knowledge of books and beyond the chatter of our own
- Dying Rivers: Global Thirst
'Where has all the water gone, one time passing?' Where have so many people come from?
- The Obsession with Cleanliness
Are we, in the developed world, moving towards a state of unnecessary cleanliness?
- Fishing Stocks Correlation with Future Trends
Badly depleted fish stocks, but optimism as well
- The Power of the Youth
How kids are being involved in financial initiative based charities and helping make the world a better place to be in.
- Antarctic Wordie Ice Shelf Goes Due to Global Warming
Amid all the gloom of the world economic downturn, the entire discussion about climate change seems to have retreated into the background.
- Lights Out at the Earth Hour
TERI has been doing all this green stuff long before it became a mantra for the rest of the world.
- Frankenstein or Frankincense Crops?
What do you do for your country's food security? plant GM crops or go rent some farmland in another country? or both?
- Bimaru States In India
The bimaru millstone states around India's neck
- Action Sociology: Human Rights with Sanitation
Pathakji has transcended anger and hatred to make a difference, a big difference, through social entrepreneurship.
- Terrorism - What's Under The Surface?
Terrorism is only a symbol of the sort of world we live inUma Ranganathan
OPINION | Politics: India, Politics: Corruption, Media: Newspapers, Culture: Society, Culture: Social Issues, Culture: Relationships, Culture: Essay, Culture: Education, Culture: City Life, BizTech: Globalization, BizTech: Environment, BizTech: Development, BizTech: Consumers, Politics: War on Terror
- World Oceans Turning More Acidic
Human activity may be overwhelming the capacity of the system to respond.
- Cops, Drug Smugglers, and Picturesque Himachal
Alongside Goa, Rajasthan and Himachal are fast becoming major transit areas for movement of drugs within and outside India.
- Markham Ice Shelf Breaks Away In Arctic
We can now start seeing the effects of global warming, and as yet, the engines of civilization are still pumping.
- Navadarshanam: An Experiment in Alternative Living
It is an experiment in alternative living, living in a way that does not disturb the balance of the nature in and around you.
- Banning of CFC Inhalers - Another Stupid Ban
Just as in removing tin from solder, banning a known hazardous material from a trivial use can cause very significant consequences.
- Problems Implementing The Restriction of Hazardous Substances
This simple directive was issued without consideration of all of the consequences.
- The Value of Sustainability to Business
Why being sustainable simply makes very good business sense
- Movie Review: The Happening
The shock value of the film plays on both usual disaster movie themes and classic American Paranoid styles.
- In Traffic: Window With Many Views
The society, the changing dynamics of the economy, the emotions in action are the dominant players in this movie called "The Race."
- Photo Essay: Sunfeast World 10K Run
To be a part of the Sunfeast World 10K run, this is an international annual event, and was organized in India for the first time.
- Book Review: The Global Food Economy by Tony Weis
Going beyond the platitudes of corporate PR, the author ‘examines the human and the ecological cost of what we eat.’
- Eco Friendly Vehicles: A Case of Misplaced Emphasis?
Are our electric vehicles as environmentally friendly as they are made out to be?
- The Merits of Deforestation
Deforestation is Good. Really. Believe me.
- Recycling Ships
I love ships, I adore their shapes and I love their behaviour.
- Saving the Planet by Going Vegetarian
By far the most important non-CO2 greenhouse gas is methane, and the number one source of methane worldwide is animal agriculture.
- How Green is My Antilla!
Mukesh Ambani's moral bankruptcy as the Tower of Babel rises in Bombay
- Mano a Nano - Coming Face to Face with a Nano
Why the critics of the Nano have it all wrong.
- The Tata Nano: The Second Coming or Satan's Car?
In the midst of all the hype, this much is very true: change is on the way.
- Girish Bharadwaj: An Unsung Hero
Trifle makes perfection but perfection is not a trifle, these words of wisdom apply to this master artisan.
- Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price
Bharti Telecom has come up with a joint partnershp with this unethical retailing giant to open wholesale markets in India.
- Small Steps for a Cleaner, More Responsible India
The Small Steps bag is designed to replace plastic carry bags with panache.
- Citizens to Turn Bangalore Green
Would suggest they launch an ad campaign – ‘ A Green way to Leave the City; Leave behind a Tree’.
- DVD Review: RX for Survival- A Global Health Challenge
I am hopeful about the world coming together at the face of a global challenge.
- A Rare School Shooting
What changed in the society that enabled these students to act and behave in a manner that was totally unexpected?
- Poetry: indolence
what is it about us? we come charging to mourn the dead of our own making.
- Pakistan's Economic Monster – The Tarbela Dam
Pakistan has placed a lot of its eggs in one basket.