140 articles in category
Page 1 of 5, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 [Next]
- Looking Afresh at Kashmir - Intrinsic, Prudential or Systemic?
Every academic argument made so far has already been made before, and tried in some way, shape or form.
- A-vivek of N-Arundhati
When Narundhati treks through the jungles as a guest of Maoists, her biases ignore the blisters on her city feet.
- Delusional in Afghanistan
The quagmire in Afghanistan, deepened by the decision to commit 30,000 more soldiers by President Obama is anything but farce.
- Oh Bhopal!
Bhopal lost something on that night,and nothing but time will heal those wounds.
- A Road to Peace? Cracking the Qur'an Code
Is it possible, at this "five minutes to midnight" time we live in, to achieve peace in West Asia?
- BCCI - Cricket's Holy Cow
I wonder why no one is questioning why politicians are "regulating" cricket in India.
- Idli, Sambhar and Chicken 498a
Order VAWA, made of Idli RAWA and get a complimentary Green Curd.
- Karakorum Highway and the Indian Option
China can be offered access to the ports of Mumbai and Kolkata through the Nathu La pass.
- Amar Singh, Amitabh Bachchan and the Worli Sea Link Controversy
The Congress has revealed its farcical image by condemning Big B, by its petty mind games.
- Women’s Reservation Bill: Lottery System to Replace Democracy in India
30% of male MPs of Congress, BJP and CPM resigning for a women only bi-election?!!
- Poetry: Maqbool Fida Hussain - A Qatari Citizen
a nation stayed speechless / a ninety-six years old / became a foreigner / to himself.
- Amar Singh and the Great Uttar Pradesh Divide
India is moving away from narrow constricted visions, from politicians sleeping at the back benches of the parliament, from deceit and unfaithfulness to norms of
- Poetry: West Midnapore
somebody cut open the sun people looked in awe at the lame mind...
- Amar Singh - Creativity Beyond Politics
Creativity in the Indian political sphere is a sequestrum that refuses to be rejuvenated.
- Sri Lankan General Sarath Fonseka Arrested
“They arrested him and carried him out like a dog,” Mr. Ganesan said in a telephone interview to the New York Times.
- Book Review: Looking East To Look West - Lee Kuan Yew's Mission India
The India-Singapore Story.
- China - Censored Growth
China is certainly miles ahead economically and militarily, but India and Indians have their hearts in place.
- Should China Have Executed A British National?
Signs of a changing world order.
- The State of the Indian Union
If we have smaller states, we will begin to tackle the issue of decision isolation.
- Cultural Translators: A Step Toward Waging Peace
When more army generals have cultural translators at their sides perhaps there will be hope for waging peace.
- Mumbai, I Bequeath My Death
I bequeath my death to many a death Many a hurt And the sky that bled
- Joy, Killjoy of Thesis, Antithesis: Waterless Urinals & Water Crisis
I think everything in this world happens first as a farce, then as a tragedy.
- Afghanistan: What Next?
If the Americans leave, can the ISI and the Taliban turn the clock back?
- Will Manmohan Get An Economic Nobel?
We are happy this way; this Nobel is quite inconsistent with Eastern values
- Release Kobad Ghandy Now
Whose disease infested body would crawl out of a hut only once to share the last sun, people like Kobad Ghandy would forever be there.
- Iranian President Ahmadinejad Denies The Holocaust Again
The evidence is overwhelming, and people really have to be dumb to declare it a myth.
- Kashmir: UN Plebiscite is the Need of the Hour
Till date, we have not kept the promise made to the Kashmiri people to hold a UN Plebiscite in Kashmir to allow them their right
- Jaswant, Jinnah Jam
Jaswant Singh "gets expelled for writing a book, and Varun stays put, for spewing venom!"
- Justice Radhabinod Pal and Hiroshima
This policy of indiscriminate murder to shorten the war was considered to be a crime.
- Iran - People Getting Killed in Prisons
It is the action of this force in the prisons that has become very controversial in the last few days
- Why India Should Not Hang Ajmal Kasab
We will not allow Kasab to turn into a martyr! We will allow him time and the opportunity to change his ideology and reform, as
- The Most Good-Looking Man in the World & E-mail Forwards
My eyes saw, but they did not believe. but, as the Oracle says "Believe". Why take my word for it?
- Will Mousavi Go The Tsvangirai Way?
Like Tsvangirai, Mousavi is likely to strike a deal with the evil regime he was once a part of.
- After Cairo, Will Obama Back Up His Words With Actions?
Obama is good at making speeches, but can he translate his words into actions?
- Book Review: Rivals by Bill Emmott
Both India and China think that the future belongs to them. They can't both be right!
- Organic Social Development
We must serve society in harmony with our own nature and the nature outside us
- Is The Demand For Eelam Valid? A Response to Tamilnet's Question
Just as the ends don't justify the means, the means also don't justify the ends.
- Should the Nepalese Government honour Joanna Lumley?
It is ridiculous to expect the Nepalese government to honour Lumley, though she has done the Gurkhas a great service
- Binayak Sen Is Released on Bail: Dada, Baritey Phirlen
Dr. Binayak Sen came back to his family today.
- North Korea Claims to Conduct Another Nuclear Test
Fresh out of the 100 day honeymoon, this will further test the foreign policy of President Obama.
- India's Nepal Policy Needs an Urgent Course Correction
India doesn't seem to care whether democracy and parliamentary supremacy are established in Nepal
- Sri Lankan Tamils
Sri Lanka should create an environment where Tamils regain their identity, their pride, and their culture.
- A Town called Ghosi
Ghosi remains a ghost town as night descends
- Velupillai Prabhakaran Dead?
With Prabhakaran dead, there is a very good chance of peace returning to Sri Lanka .
- Elections in India, 2009: Vote for Moderation and Maturity?
This is the victory of moderation, maturity, progress, erudition and harmony.
- Being Amar Singh - Stress Disorders Among Indian politicians
Possible connection between medical disorders and Indian politics
- Tamil Camps, Kanishka Cover Up, Ballistic Turbans
How many more cover ups will emerge on the worst terror attack on Canadians?
- Sri Lanka: When Will India Wake Up?
India must thwart the geo-political games of the China-Sri Lanka axis.
- Is Pakistan going the Iran Way?
A Taliban Ruled, Sunni Fundamentalist, Nuclear Armed Pakistan Is A Distinct Possibility. Please Panic!
- Afghanistan's Shia Marriage Law - A Cleric's Justification and Other Issues
Forcing Afghanistan to adopt western standards may prove to be costly
- Naxalite Poet Lal Singh Dil: A Drawing and a Poem
Lal Singh says, 'Social injustice, physical torture and mental agony all motivate me to write'.
- Delusions of Grandeur Can Lead To Trouble
A Big Brother who is admired and respected, rather than feared, will be able to command his sibling's loyalty.
- Naxalbari, a Village Remembered
Naxalbari a tiny village in Darjeeling district would be remembered for spearheading a unique revolution.
- Ajmal Kasab - Trial and Error
Should we have to decide the weight of a case based on its weight?
- Gaddar, a Legend
Gaddar the revolutionary balladeer instead carried on with the movement that we all once dreamed of.
- A Follow-Up Letter to the Dalai Lama
The Tibetan community should be able to democratically decide if and how the struggle for Tibetan rights should continue.
- Poetry: Remembering Papiya Ghosh
a sky masquerading a poem incised her mind and reason on third december two thousand and six.
- Noriko Calderon's Case - Is Japanese Immigration Law Too Cruel?
Are the Japanese immigration authorities too heartless?