35 articles in category
Page 1 of 2, Go to page: 1, 2 [Next]
- Making Sense of the European Crisis
The simplest way out of a debt crisis is to inflate your way out.
- The Auschwitz Album
Old photographs of Auschwitz Concentration Camp.
- Should China Have Executed A British National?
Signs of a changing world order.
- Modern Terrorism & The Christian Insurgency in Islamic Spain
The beginnings of the resistance to Moorish conquest of Spain is explored and the impact the reconquista has on current terrorist ideology.
- Egyptian Government Attempts To Prove Minarets Are Useful
They are important to Muslims? Díoh. Yes they are.
- Politics - Going Rogue
Is it the wrong kind of people who go into politics and then perpetrate the hideous culture that has become the hallmark of politics across
- Iranian President Ahmadinejad Denies The Holocaust Again
The evidence is overwhelming, and people really have to be dumb to declare it a myth.
- Spain's Audiencia Nacional To Be Reined In By Parliament
Not surprisingly, the Audiencia Nacional has been the darling of human rights activists worldwide.
- Gurkhas Seek Justice in UK, They Get The Law Instead
The Gurkhas are brave and loyal, but should that give them the right to settle down in the UK?
- What Goes for the Terrorist Goose Doesn't Go For the Terrorist Gander
At Uncle Sam's place, why do supporters of some terrorist groups get away scot free?
- Should India Speak Up for the European Romani?
Hitler killed over a million Romani on account of their South Asian appearance.
- Noriko Calderon's Case - Is Japanese Immigration Law Too Cruel?
Are the Japanese immigration authorities too heartless?
- Tall and Shrinking Muslims, Short and Growing Europeans
At which point did the Arab world and the Western European world start to flip over in terms of development?
- Book Review: The Enemy at the Gate by Andrew Wheatcroft
There were so many areas where the Ottomans were much superior to the Habsburg forces.
- The Plan: Twelve Months to Renew Britain
The Plan is based on the assumption that the UK is in a bad shape.
- Book Review: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn's August 1914
In the First World War, untrained Russian soldiers thrown into battle by criminal and idiotic generals were massacred.
- Book Review: If You Don't Know Me by Now by Sathnam Sanghera
This book should be prescribed like medicine to Indians who want their daughters to marry unknown westerners of Indian origin.
- Book Review: Aleksandr Solzhenitsynís One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich
Solzhenitsynís first novel is a masterpiece. Itís also a testament to human cruelty to fellow beings.
- Book Review: The Sultan in Palermo by Tariq Ali
Does Tariq Ali fly the banner of secular Islam too high?
- Book Review: The Prostitutes Of Serruya's Lane And Other Hidden Gibraltarian Histories by M. G. Sanchez
The history of one of the most diverse and interesting parts of Europe
- The Russia-Georgia Conflict - Stoking The Embers Of The Cold War
Since the breaking up of the Soviet Union, the politics of the Caspian region has become complex, volatile and dangerous.
- The Russia-Georgia Conflict - The Bear's Power
This may well seem normal for a powerful country to treat its immediate neighbors as its areas of influence, but not so for the country
- Book Review: Shadows of the Pomegranate Tree by Tariq Ali
Tariq Aliís non-Eurocentric approach means that the focus of the story is very much on the Moors and not on the Europeans
- Book Review : Speaking of Empire and Resistance by Tariq Ali
No matter what view point we hold- this book will make the reader sit up and take note.Shantanu Dutta
REVIEW | Politics: War on Terror, Politics: War, Politics: US, Politics: United Kingdom, Politics: Terrorism, Politics: Religion, Politics: Peace, Politics: Pakistan, Politics: Middle East, Politics: Governance, Politics: Freedom, Politics: Europe, Politics: Empire, Politics: Asia, Culture: Books - Non Fiction, Culture: Books, Politics: World
- Recycling Ships
I love ships, I adore their shapes and I love their behaviour.
- Poetry: smiling crocodile
"... what is happening in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank could describe events [apartheid] in South Africa."~Archbishop Desmond Tutu
- African Union Troops Help Take Back Anjouan, Comoros
Some stupid questions on the Comoros crisis.
- Kosovo's Independence - The Emperor is Wearing Albanian Clothes
If the ethnic Albanian Kosovars now oppress the ethnic Serbs as it will happen, will NATO bomb the ethnic Albanians?
- Caesar Augustus - An August Personality
Perhaps Augustus was a bigger Caesar than Julius Caesar
- The Tata Nano: The Second Coming or Satan's Car?
In the midst of all the hype, this much is very true: change is on the way.
- Strangulating Freedom of Expression - Islamic Historical Perspectives
Muhammad enjoyed complete freedom in expressing his views as he liked, while killed those who criticized him.
- Some More Thoughts on Immigration
If you do not have a points-based system, on what other basis would you let them in?
- France At A Crossroads
First challenge for the new French president.
- Book Review: A Day in Spring by Ciril Kosmač
if it was relevant to Yugoslavians in 1950s, it is even more relevant to young nation of Slovenia now.
- Book Review: Never Surrender by Michael Dobbs
Reliving the tense days of 1940s with Churchill - his whims and doubts and with defeatist ministers and generals around