38 articles in category
Page 1 of 2, Go to page: 1, 2 [Next]
- Fiction: Mundane Living And Forgotten Deeds
Ironically her balding head reminds me of my girlfriend’s young pink skin peeking through the mousy pubic hair.
- Fiction: Dust
My fingers tremble and bunch up the sheet’s poppy flowers in a blundered watercolour stain and the heart misses more than a few necessary beats.
- Photo Essay: When I Am Gone – Harrow Cemetery
A photo essay on the local village cemetery
- Fiction: Misery - Past And Present
The ghost of the unmarked grave now hitchhiked in the body of Darshini.
- A Panacea For Evil Looks
Now we know why uncle Bhushan can't perform in spite of four marriages.
- Quacks & Gullible Folk
The quack said, 'You have come in time, otherwise this black hairy thing would have grown like a tennis ball in the stomach and killed
- Book Review: The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown
It suffers from an unbearable awareness of its assumed self-importance, and tries too hard to conform to expectations.
- Beyond Words
There is an immense treasure of Intelligence within and out there, that lies beyond the knowledge of books and beyond the chatter of our own
- Fiction: The Reunion
Now all that we have left are remembrances and memories of glorious days.
- Fiction: Gobi Paranthas
Here too, there was no peace to be found.
- Movie Review: 13B - Not Fear's New Address
13B is playing in that rather unfashionable genre of Bollywood horror movies and is over a decade too late.
- Novice Interpretation of Dreams
My dream was like a cardiologist's expression - "regularly irregular"
- Who Is An Intellectual?
Many of them appeared "stoned", for they had the capacity to stone wall any uncomfortable questions
- The White Lady Of Bangalore Airport
It doesn't take long for rumors to become urban legends. And legends then are treated are facts.
- Original Fiction: Park Bench Love
The hair on his nape was soft like the cotton from a warm quilt and his teeth hard. He bit and she swooned.
- Partial Solar Eclipse Today - Do Nothing
If you happen to be a devout believer, it would be for the best if you stayed at home altogether and did nothing.
- Phoonk - If Thoughts Could Kill
Wishing someone ill at a heat of moment is one thing but going to a Tantric to ensure the deed is done is like giving
- Movie Review: The X-Files: I Want To Believe
The power of the film lies in the secret sharers rather than the secrets they share.
- Playing On Vulnerabilities
I know you are looking for a "raise", which is not happening, the healer said and continued 'that's the problem with all "self starters"
- Book Review: Stardust by Neil Gaiman
Till I read Neil Gaiman’s Stardust, I was of the firm conviction that Fairy Tales were for children
- Book Review: Song of Kali by Dan Simmons
Dan Simmons is said to have spent just two days in Calcutta when he wrote the book, he conveys the essence of the city as
- Sleep-talking: An Ode to Neil Gaiman's Sandman
So if my words sound a little odd, don't think them so. I am just talking in my sleep.
- Short Story: Irony
And with them was this man, sitting on a grave.
- When Are Dead Bodies Sacrosanct?
If you do not like the display of bodies after death, can you use the bodies after death?
- The New Age - Why It Didn't Really Take Off
Why the New Age movement has been unable to keep its promise of transformation
- Book Review: Ganesha Goes to Lunch by Kamla K. Kapur
Myths by their very nature appeal to the heroic, and the virtuous elements of our being.
- Short Story: "You killed Alex"
"Bitch," Purvi said, as she caught up with him. "She needs a man in her life."
- The Cosmology of Shantaram and Gregory David Roberts
Clever Shantaram advocates a hippie cosmology for world peace; something he calls "The Quantum Leap."
- Faith to Superstition: An Uncharted Journey
While faith rejuvenates and provides direction in life, superstitions’ only purpose is to hold you back in shackles.
- India TV: A News Channel with a Difference
Not so serious news
- Famous Professional Crime Fighters on Indian Television
An overview of Indian TV shows showcasing "professional" crime fighting orgnisations.
- Close Encounter Of The Most Horrific Kind
I grabbed my things and ran away from the room as fast as my wobbly legs would carry.
- Travel Scraps: Marijuana - Must Everybody Get Stoned?
"What do you do when you can't get drugs?" I asked.
- Republic Day - Through the Eyes of a Common Man
As India celebrated its Republic Day today, patriotism was the most saleable marketing gimmick across the country.
- "It's A Day On, And Not A Day Off ": Martin Luther King Day and Gandhi Jayanti
"Life's most persistent and urgent question is, What are you doing for others?"~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Interview: Author Christopher Moore
He doesn't appear to bite, or at least he doesn't leave marks or unsightly blemishes