Culture: Food And Drink
241 articles in category
Page 1 of 9, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 [Next]
- A Revolt Over Halal & Kosher Food in Harrow
Why I think Halal and Kosher food is just unacceptable and even worse is Harrow Council's inability to talk to parents
- Photo Essay: An Evening With A Chocolatier
The story of an evening spent eating chocolate, YUM!
- Poessay: Upset Stomach: Discordance, Disconnect and Dichotomy
when the current died the stillness could be cut with stares (and forks)
- Photo Essay: A French Market in Harrow
Harrow is twinned with a town somewhere in France, and every 3-4 months, its blessed with a French Farmer’s Market.
- Photography Times: Celebration
Shooting a Concept photograph involves a significant analysis of the message one wants to convey
- The Kulfiwallah
The Kulfi tastes slightly salty, creamy and milky cold with bits of cardamom.
- Idli, Sambhar and Chicken 498a
Order VAWA, made of Idli RAWA and get a complimentary Green Curd.
- Feasting Fasting
If you have to feast, do you HAVE to fast?
- Lahore: Rants and Raves Unrelenting
If I could sum up Lahore I'll do it like everyone else does - this city doesn't sleep.
- Fiction: Bitter Coffee
She preferred espresso shots but he couldn't stand their acrid taste.
- Travel Review: Bheemeshwari Fishing Camp, Cauvery
We spotted our first crocodile sunning itself on one of the river rocks within a few minutes into our arrival at the Camp
- Nation on a Platter
How Bengali cuisine has changed over the past couple of hundred years based upon different pressures
- Food Review: The Geist Weber East-West Grill-off
We weren't complaining - much fun (and food) was had.
- Haagen-Dazs Not Allowed in India
This is a sensitive issue for Indians and a reminder of the Raj when Indians and dogs weren't allowed into clubs & other 'white' places
- Nutrition Down the Drain
The industrial revolution was responsible for subtraction of nutrients from the food chain, leading millions to constipation and diseases.
- Life At Sea: A Fortnight Later - Hurricanes, Casualties and Paranthas
The weather is improving, the sun’s shining bright and hopefully Ida’s bid farewell.
- Joy, Killjoy of Thesis, Antithesis: Waterless Urinals & Water Crisis
I think everything in this world happens first as a farce, then as a tragedy.
- Indians And Artificial Sweeteners
Many Indians have an unhealthy skepticism towards artificial sweeteners.
- Movie Review: Julie and Julia - For The Love of Julia
The movie also left me with a thought, about our love for food, every Indian's love for food.
- Easy and Nutritious Spinach "Pesto" Pasta
This is a very simple recipe for a pasta dish that is chock full of iron and other good-for you things.
- Restaurant Review: Shiok, Bangalore
At Shiok, the manager had his eye on the ball the whole time, making the eating experience far more enjoyable than dining in 5-star hotels.
- Phoolproof Curry
I placed a teeny bit on my plate...the cells woke up and danced like they were unsupervised teens on soda.
- Travel Review: Return To Ootacamund
My love for the Nilgiris, or Neelghiris as it was known during the colonial times, endures.
- Quitters do Win
Winston Churchill and his permanent appendage created a positive association between success and smoking in my mind, turning me into a smoker.
- Indian Summer Drinks: Helping You Keep Your Cool
I was looking forward to the wide variety of food and drink that you can enjoy in the various seasons of Delhi.
- Cooking For The Family
Its been eight years to my marriage and I find myself chained to the kitchen and not half a good cook as my mom.
- Fiction: One For The Loo
He is a handsome man. Look at him. Charismatic, isn't he?
- Fiction: Good Girls Come First
"Ok, so what you mean is she is a slut who is good at self preservation and that gives her the air of being high
- Fiction: Gobi Paranthas
Here too, there was no peace to be found.
- Delhi High Court Provides Suggestions for Curbing Drunk Driving
Drunk driving cannot be cured only through enforcement.
- Travel Review: A Visit to Chandni Chowk, Delhi
That, she said, was a 'Chandni Chowk' experience. We laughed and went on with our walking and remained upbeat.
- Health Care at Home
"Diet is the primary source of our health issues. After all we are what we eat."
- Burgers and Fries - Redux
Are you simply yearning to indulge your cravings for burgers and fries but are trying desperately to stick to a healthy diet?
- POGO, Kellogg's Special K, and Body Image Issues
Ma, You Are Fat!
Did you know there is a Professional Association for Butchers which traces its history back more than 1000 years? I didnt...
- Frankenstein or Frankincense Crops?
What do you do for your country's food security? plant GM crops or go rent some farmland in another country? or both?
- Photo-Essay: Cooking up a Storm
a small photo essay on cooking gammon steaks
- Fiction: Twists Of Love
He gave a restrained smile. He wasn't going to lay it all out in the open. Not yet. He had his dignity and he was,
- Nature And Women
Nature intended man to be the tiller and woman to be the earth.
- Spice, Spouse & Migraine
Migraine could be avoided than cured, but spouse could neither be cured nor avoided.
- Supersized Kids - Don't Do What America Does
This time bomb is ticking for many other countries as well that imitate the American life style.
- Life Is All About Me For A Change
I am a classic case of a woman following a clean life. And it sucks! Everything is a big - No!
- 19 Varieties of Gazelle: Poems of the Middle East by Naomi Shihab Nye
The tapestry of inheritance of the East is laced with tales quite unknown in the West.
- Is Dieting Required? Ask Oprah
In the end she seems to have come to the grand realization that being thin is not the end goal but to be fit and
- Bazaar Walks: Today at Dadar
I went to Dadar Market today, to chalk out a new Bazaar Walk tour. Here’s what I came away with.
- Obituary: Sabina Sehgal Saikia
Sabina will be sorely missed in the food writers world.
- Chocolates - A New Desi Delight
I'm telling you, there's a chocolate revolution sneaking up on us.
- Book Review Dal – Chawal
Dal-Chawal is not just a staple food of millions of Indians but it is a way of life.
- A Wave To The Microwave
Life expectancy is on a rise, despite the pesticides, despite the synthetic products, despite the hormones and yes, despite the microwave
- A Bangalore Breakfast
For those of you who know (or dont know) Bangalore, breakfast is the second best thing that this city can offer.
- Under-age Drinking and the Family
This is downright scary. Alcohol is not just a party drink.
- Durian Dessert Doesn't Have A Good Reputation
My just desserts? Encounters with a fruit described as "pig-shit, turpentine and onions, garnished with a gym sock."
- A Lunch at Claridges - Gordon Ramsay's Chef's Table
a review of a gastronomic afternoon at Gordon Ramsay's Restaurant in London
- The Coffee Shop with a Twist
What's the big deal with all this sudden surge of population in the cafe?