Politics: Middle East
146 articles in category
Page 1 of 5, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 [Next]
- Increasing Suicide Rates of Middle Eastern Women
What is the reason behind the increasing suicides amongst ME women?
- Of Desis, Settlers and Flotillas in Israel
Even if the success rate is high, time is against those Israelis who believe that might is right and they will always get their way.
- A Road to Peace? Cracking the Qur'an Code
Is it possible, at this "five minutes to midnight" time we live in, to achieve peace in West Asia?
- Egyptian Government Attempts To Prove Minarets Are Useful
They are important to Muslims? D’oh. Yes they are.
- Jesus-Era House Excavated in Nazareth
The discovery of a Jesus era house in Nazareth has excited the attention of many during Christmas time
- Bad News at My Doorstep - Surprises After a Target Shoot
No rest for the wicked! A long day at meetings and target practice - and more work when I get home!!
- Iran Nuclear Issue - Another Attempt at Dialogue
Iran has most likely done the calculation that it will be able to pursue its nuclear quest through a measure of playing one country the
- Banning The Burqa - Not a Solution, But A Start
Muslims (mostly men) around the world have been incensed with the French president's stance.
- Will Mousavi Go The Tsvangirai Way?
Like Tsvangirai, Mousavi is likely to strike a deal with the evil regime he was once a part of.
- After Cairo, Will Obama Back Up His Words With Actions?
Obama is good at making speeches, but can he translate his words into actions?
- Obama's Speech in Cairo - Reactions on the Ground
A Momentous Event that could transform the course of the History of Our World.
- How Can We Fight Islamic Fundamentalism?
Mud-wrestling with a pig is not a good idea.
- Life in the Mountains of Samaria: Feeling Like a Duck at a Target Shoot
If you have an afternoon to yourself, you can count on some Israeli bureaucrat to find a way to waste it for you.
- All Visitors are Gods, But Some Visitors are Higher Gods
Is it goodness of the heart or racism that makes Asians treat White people so well?
- Tall and Shrinking Muslims, Short and Growing Europeans
At which point did the Arab world and the Western European world start to flip over in terms of development?
- CUPE Canada is Anti Peace and Pro-Hate
The crisis is geographical, religious and historical that most of them are biased towards their side, making it difficult.
- The Crisis in Sri Lanka: Canada's Role
Do we have an appetite to see the world beyond Iraq and Afghanistan? If so, this could be Canada's moment.
- An Open Letter to President Obama on the Israel-Palestine Issue
To Save Israel, it must be made weak
- Shalom, Salam and Hello
Three seminal events that will cast their shadows for long.
- poetry: different suns
tomorrow is another sunrise away for you
- Gaza 2009 - Rudderless Invasion: Wasted Lives and Opportunities
The one lesson that is obvious and obviously unlearned by Israelis and Palestinians is that force is not the solution.
- My Upcoming Film: CoolKat Urbanoir - Life in Amrika
A rough outline of my film 'CoolKat Urbanoir', a gritty tale of real life in Amrika inspired by 'Slumdog Millionaire'.
- Poem For Barack, Michelle, Sasha, and Melia Obama
your silence is intriguing and deafening
- Israel’s Gaza Offensive
It is not easy to say that Israel’s actions are justified. There is an election coming.
- Please let the Baath Party Survive
The Baath party is the only pan-Arab nationalist party in the world. Disbanding it was a grave mistake.
- What Israel Won't Tell You
A behind the scenes story of how Israel had stealthily prepared for the Gaza strikes almost six months ago, even as a ceasefire was being
- Israel & Palestine: Force Is Never the Solution
The point neoconzix in Israel and the West refuse to fathom: force is never the solution.
- 19 Varieties of Gazelle: Poems of the Middle East by Naomi Shihab Nye
The tapestry of inheritance of the East is laced with tales quite unknown in the West.
- Flying Shoe-cers
This little stunt has, on the surface, brought it back to the forefront.
- Book Review: The Other Side of Israel: My Journey Across the Jewish/Arab Divide by Susan Nathan
This book will make even the most committed Israel fan re-appraise his or her stand.
- Some Thoughts on Uri Avnery's "Manifest Destiny"
Uri Avnery's one saving grace is that he demands honesty. I don't agreew with the rest, but 100% agreement is found only in the
- Israel Diary
Israel is the most exciting country in the world.
- Book review: The Stone Woman by Tariq Ali
In its final days, the Ottoman Empire is orthodox and decadent, but Iskander Pasha’s family offers a splendid contrast.
- Book Review: Who Speaks For Islam?
why reading a book by Esposito and Mogadeh will not tell you who speaks for Islam.
- Book Review: The Israel Lobby and US Foreign Policy, by John Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt
What happens when a lobby in the world's most powerful country is all too powerful?
- Book Review : Speaking of Empire and Resistance by Tariq Ali
No matter what view point we hold- this book will make the reader sit up and take note.Shantanu Dutta
REVIEW | Politics: War on Terror, Politics: War, Politics: US, Politics: United Kingdom, Politics: Terrorism, Politics: Religion, Politics: Peace, Politics: Pakistan, Politics: Middle East, Politics: Governance, Politics: Freedom, Politics: Europe, Politics: Empire, Politics: Asia, Culture: Books - Non Fiction, Culture: Books, Politics: World
- Arabian Nights
Who really is blinkered by the burqa?
- Rachael Ray Serves Iced Coffee and Jihadi Donuts
Is that what we do now? We don't like something so we link it to terrorism?
- Israeli PM Ehud Olmert Faces Storm in Corruption Scandal
This scandal has cast a cloud on the prospects of peace in the Middle East, and upon President Bush's recent trip to the region.
- Sisyphus And the Israeli-Palestinian Crisis
Why we have to keep on trying to be calm and unemotional specially when dealing with such an emotive subject like Israel and Palestine?
- Peace With Dignity: Another Gift For Israel
Peace in the region is not to be equated with death for the state of Israel.
- The British Government and Corrupt Practices
The corrupt saga of British Aerospace and the shameful behaviour of the British government
- Food or Fuel - A Hobson's Choice
What is worrying now is not that food shortages are happening but the reasons why they are happening.
- Poetic Justice!
Mujahideens get their own shrine despite Wahhabism's aim at purifying Islam from the bid'a of shrine visits
- Muhammad Abduh - A Reformer Who Died Too Soon
When you look around the Muslim world today, his words and his ideals are still as valid as they were then.
- Palestine - Shifting Borders & Shifting Sands
As an amateur historian, I am always curious about the boundaries and how history is framed.
- Arabic Books and Translations - True Freedom?
The number of books translated into Arabic for the past 1000 years is less than the number of books translated in Spain in ONE year.
- Arun Gandhi on Jewish Identity and Israel
Zionism has much deeper roots than just the Holocaust.
- Poetry: seguing slogans of the year that was 2007
the human spirit is a gritty survivor: refusing to participate in the eternal battle between life and death
- Book Review: Exodus
Exodus is without question a historical novel told from the obvious Jewish perspective.Sandeep
REVIEW | Media: Blogs, Politics: Asia, Politics: Freedom, Politics: Governance, Politics: Immigration, Politics: Middle East, Politics: United Kingdom, Politics: War, Culture: Society, Culture: Social Issues, Culture: Arts, Culture: Books, Culture: Books - Fiction, Culture: Books - Non Fiction, Culture: Desi, Culture: Essay, Culture: History, Culture: Religion, Politics: World
- Strangulating Freedom of Expression - Islamic Historical Perspectives
Muhammad enjoyed complete freedom in expressing his views as he liked, while killed those who criticized him.
- Musings From a Departure Lounge
Reflections on the so-called clash of civilizations with the benefits of hindsight and a glass of champagne. Alas, no coffee was to be had.
- The Annapolis Peace Conference - Peace at Last?
Mother Teresa said, "If you want peace, go talk with your enemies, you don't make peace with your friends."
- How Can We Resolve The Middle East Crisis?
No geographical dispute can be resolved through armed struggle and over five decades of conflict has left a generation living and running in fear.
- The Consistency of French Foreign Policy
All elements of its intelligentsia subscribe to France’s foreign policy, so it does not alter, given changes of its president or prime minister.
- What if Turkish Forces Went Into Northern Iraq?
This is not going to be a good step for Turkey to take.
- Islam vs European Secularism in European Court Ruling
Universal principles of human rights, secularism and liberal traditions of democracy demand that the State does not take sides,