383 articles in category
Page 1 of 13, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 [Next]
- Sense And Sensibility _ Are We Losing It?
It is high time we realize that we are not differentiated by our religion, language, political boundary, faith but are united by the single thread
- The End of Cricket? Match-Fixing Allegations Tarnish Pakistan
Venal filth has transformed this game of gentlemen into something tawdry and flawed.
- Saza-e-Kalapani - Can We Bring Back The Andaman Experience?
Are we trying to pay homage to all those who suffered for our better tomorrow or are we just revisiting the horror without thinking much
- Defending The Indefensible
What do you do when you are caught with your pants down?
- Movie Review: Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai
The film conforms to the genre, being simultaneously a 70s-style crime thriller and a chronicle of an inflating hypercity.
- The Tears Of Our Children
A society that does not care for its children is a society without a future
- Bhopal : A Gas Tragedy
I always thought for 2010 the biggest national shame would be the Commonwealth Games, but was proven wrong
- Book Review : The Hadrian Enigma - A Forbidden History
Did Antinous - the Lover/Favorite of Caesar Hadrian - drown or was he murdered?
- Abuse by Police and Deaths in Judicial Custody.
An Award winning American Journalist was brutally tortured by Indian Police.
- Book Review: Daylight Robbery
Critical plot devices include a newfangled video cassette recorder and there are lamentations about the mediocre performance of the Janata Dal government.
- Judgement: Death Penalty for Honour Killing
Sushma Tiwari demanded Supreme Court to uphold death penalty for her brother.
- Revolutionary Rehabilitation: Marry Your Rapist
Chief Justice of India, K G Balakrishna’s recent remark showed that the element of ridiculousness is alive and well even outside a lame movie script.
- Male Dominance and Historical Wrongs done to Women
Should men be apologetic and live life feeling guilty and defensive?
- AMU's Suspension of (Allegedly) Gay Professor - Unconstitutional
The university’s decision to suspend the professor is in violation of both the court’s decision and its central tenet of inclusiveness.
- What an Idea?
Is it not a farce to demand ID proof while activating a mobile connection?
- Will Behavioral Change be an Effective Remedy?
At times a simple behavioral change could achieve what morality could not.
- Sleaze with Ease
While Tiwari can be pardoned due to his inherent weaknesses, what S.P.S Rathore did to Ruchika was indeed lewd and outright perverted.
- Another Bungled Blow-up: Passengers Safe, Suspect Apprehended
How much more can the airport security be tightened?
- Indian Police - Protectors or Perpetrators?
Life in India. Who is accountable?
- A Magic Pill to Eradicate Corruption
This is more or less, briefly, roughly, approximately, the sum and substance of our current view of corruption in public life, in India.
- Security Agencies & Personal Freedom
If security agencies are not sensitized against allegations of personal freedom, we become vulnerable.
- Remember Bhopal
Bhopal - 25 years and counting.
- 26/11 - 'One India' is an Overstatement, Solidarity a Farce
Please stop talking about this myth of one India. Our solidarity is very selective and selfish
- Liberhan Committee Report on Ayodhya Demolition Leaks
The contents of the report appear to be getting glossed over and the alleged leak being given greater air time.
- Movie Review: Madhur Bhandarkar's Jail
Madhur Bhandarkar's latest offering is Jail, which claims to offer an inside view on the unseen world of prisons in India.
- Book Review: A Dead Hand: A Crime in Calcutta by Paul Theroux
Theroux returns to India and solves a murder mystery in Calcutta!
- Bomb Blasts in Peshawar as Hillary Clinton Visits Pakistan
These demons of their own design, as it were, have metastasized beyond recognition.
- Maoists Take Rajdhani Drivers Hostage in India
The Maoists have reportedly set demands for the release of key leaders of the PCPA as a precondition to set the train drivers free.
- Marital Breakdowns and Children - Fugitive NRI Woman & Child Detained
A woman, who is accused of parental kidnapping of her US Citizen child to India is detained by CBI as per directive of Supreme Court
- The Ways of the Mahatma
His lifestyle & principles seem more relevant and real, and an appropriate method to counter the madness that has taken over the world.
- Roman Polanski, Child Rapist, Supported by Global Film Community
Would they feel the same way if this happened to one of their own near and dear children?
- In Death We Differ
We apparently take sides with the powerless. The question is who is powerless?
- Lest we Forget - Truth and Reconciliation in Kandhamal
Our Lord teaches us not to hate. We do not hate our enemies, but Fear is real, especially in Orissa’s Kandhamal district.
- Every Drop Makes An Ocean
It felt like society was addicted to, hooked on the Profit+Power. Like a Cocaine fix, even knowing that it is eating up our insides
- Terrorist Freed on "Humanitarian" Grounds
The man responsible for the 1988 explosion of Pam Am Flight 103, which murdered 270 people, has been released from prison.
- Satire: Kasab Ka Samna
"You can keep your bovine beauties and pachydermal princesses to yourself. Allah will give me 72 virgins when I embark on my final journey."
- Has Terrorism Robbed us of our Humanity?
Terrorism targets the fabric of a Civilized society trying to ignite the fires of Revenge,Anger, & a thirst for Blood in the hearts of unsuspecting
- Why India Should Not Hang Ajmal Kasab
We will not allow Kasab to turn into a martyr! We will allow him time and the opportunity to change his ideology and reform, as
- NSG Security Cover Withdrawn By Home Ministry
I thought the one person who needed security cover the most was our poor old LS Speaker!
- A New Intelligence: The Only Hope for this World
The hope faor a better world would not come from 'chronic mind chatter' that ails humankind today leading to wars and crime.
- Virtually Real - How Life Imitates Art
Mistaking reality for fantasy can be dangerously explosive
- Forgive Kasab! Hate his Sin, Not the Sinner!
A man, you and I, are worst monsters in our personal lives! Let's not forget that! Don't condone the Sin, but condone the Sinner, let
- Rape: The Most Heinous Crime Of Humanity
I'm mad as hell. I want you to feel the same.
- Violence Inc. When Are We Shutting It Down In This Country?
The author, through a personal tale of childhood horror, describes the scars inflicted upon the psyche of children growing up in regions infested with Violence.
- Mis-Governance in India And The Death of Faith
One after the other news of people dying, human rights being violated, take a moment and mourn for all such deaths.
- Remembering 7/11 Mumbai Bomb-blasts Three Years On
Now that they know, what have they done? Calling the terrorists cowards from their ivory towers hasn't solved a thing.
- Harassment Of Women On Cairo Streets
What makes men in Egypt harass women on the streets with impunity?
- Indian Government Bans Maoists as Terrorist Organization
The Naxal/Maoist menace has plagued a large swathe of central India for a long while.
- Book Review: A Nice Quiet Holiday
Sudarshan treads the fine line between pulp fiction and literature very well.
- Shiney Ahuja - Maid to Dishonor
The girl showed great courage, the police absolute initiative and the media its investigative power.
- Dr. George Tiller Shot Dead and the Abortion Debate Continues
Dr. Tiller’s murder will make no difference to the abortion debate
- Home is Home, Warts and All
Times have changed. Few of us suffer from the supposed 'Culture Shock' when we visit Europe or America.
- Violence Erupts in Punjab Following Attack in Vienna Sikh Gurdwara
The hooliganism and mindless violence seems at odds with the teachings of their philosophy.
- Delhi High Court Provides Suggestions for Curbing Drunk Driving
Drunk driving cannot be cured only through enforcement.
- Passing Through: Visiting Troy Davis’s Hometown with Martina Correia
We are being told in this country that it is not unconstitutional to execute somebody who is innocent.
- Book Review: Singing to the Dead by Caro Ramsay
Caro Ramsay deserves to be called the 'female Ian Rankin.'
- Gujarat - Will the Lies Ever End?
For too long has this ideological battle been waged on an uneven playing field heavily tilted in favor of the unscrupulous pseudo-secular forces.
- Girl Forced to Choose Between Parents and Country
However heart-breaking the story, this is not a story that happens rarely. Such scenes are repeated in Japan and many other countries on a regular