Politics: Sri Lanka
52 articles in category
Page 1 of 2, Go to page: 1, 2 [Next]
- Sri Lankan General Sarath Fonseka Arrested
“They arrested him and carried him out like a dog,” Mr. Ganesan said in a telephone interview to the New York Times.
- Let Our People Go Home- Mano Ganesan Sri Lanka MP
Do not wait until the arm of tyranny taps your door. Be on your alert. Get together. Join hands.
- Is The Demand For Eelam Valid? A Response to Tamilnet's Question
Just as the ends don't justify the means, the means also don't justify the ends.
- Sri Lankan Tamils
Sri Lanka should create an environment where Tamils regain their identity, their pride, and their culture.
- Sri Lanka: An Opportunity for Love
An obscene display of celebration will only rub into the wounds of the Tamil people
- Velupillai Prabhakaran Dead?
With Prabhakaran dead, there is a very good chance of peace returning to Sri Lanka .
- India Elections, Burma Failure, Sri Lanka Conflict Mismanagement
What has this world come to, that the UK and the US have to go on their knees to beg Sri Lanka to stop their
- Tamil Camps, Kanishka Cover Up, Ballistic Turbans
How many more cover ups will emerge on the worst terror attack on Canadians?
- Sri Lanka: When Will India Wake Up?
India must thwart the geo-political games of the China-Sri Lanka axis.
- Channel 4 Provides First Independent Video Report from Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka should stop persecuting Tamil civilians; Sri Lanka should do it because it is the best thing for their country's future growth.
- Delusions of Grandeur Can Lead To Trouble
A Big Brother who is admired and respected, rather than feared, will be able to command his sibling's loyalty.
- What Goes for the Terrorist Goose Doesn't Go For the Terrorist Gander
At Uncle Sam's place, why do supporters of some terrorist groups get away scot free?
- Osama Bin Laden is not a Terrorist
Unless we stop eulogizing terrorism and terrorists on class, creed, religious and ethnic lines, we cannot dream of eradicating it from our country and our
- Sri Lanka Plans to Prolong "Nightmare" War
Why the government would not include the elected members of the Tamil community may hold the key to understanding the issue in its true sense.
- What Does the Future Hold for Sri Lanka?
The tragedy unfolds in Sri Lanka - the larger question of what can bring permanent peace to this war torn island?
- Is the World Ready for Prabhakaran’s Death?
None of us will want to see the possibilities detailed in this article to materialise.
- A Genocide Sri Lanka is Proud to Talk About on Camera
This is a shocking video.
- Stephen Harper's Government Has Let Down the Tamils
Canada has played a destructive role in trying to initiate peace within Sri Lanka.
- Dining with the Terrorists - Phil Rees in Sri Lanka
We want to convince the Tamil rebels and the Sri Lankan government to get to the negotiation table and resolve their grievances without violence and
- The Crisis in Sri Lanka: Canada's Role
Do we have an appetite to see the world beyond Iraq and Afghanistan? If so, this could be Canada's moment.
- Meeting The Congressman For The Sri Lanka LTTE Crisis
Watching the human suffering and the brutality of the Sri Lankan forces for several weeks has finally thrust me to swing into action. Consultation with
- What if the LTTE Had Won The War?
For most Heroes, ego is sacrosanct than principles
- Two Intelligent Men
Two ex-Intelligence men are blogging, each so much different from the other.
- Sri Lanka-LTTE War: The Shifting Semantics of a Political Solution
More analysts are now making note that an Independant Tamil Eelam is now a political solution where as United Sri Lanka has become a military
- An Open Letter to Hillary Clinton on the Sri Lankan Issue
A few predator drones could save 250,000 human shields from captivity under the LTTE
- Terrorism and Its Objectives
When terrorists operate from obscure locations doing the obvious, some persons invent obscure reasons for the obvious.
- LTTE & Sri Lanka: The Paradigm Shift in Public Opinion
It is not the actions of LTTE or their goals, but the flouting of human values by the Sri Lankan armed forces that has caused
- Pressure Mounting in Southern India to Stop LTTE-Sri Lanka War
The mounting pressure from southern India over the Sri Lankan issue is nearing its boiling point.
- Sri Lanka: Lasantha Wickrematunge, Journalist, Predicted Own Murder
How far would you believe the news coming out of a country that Human rights groups call as one of the most dangerous places in
- Kilinochi - Images of the Victory Celebration
Sri Lankan soldiers find interesting memorabilia to celebrate the kilinochi victory.
- LTTE-China or LTTE-Pakistan Partnership Possible?
Will the Tamil Tigers realign and save themselves from further humiliation by the Sri Lankan army?
- LTTE End-Game - Sri Lankan Army Wins Battle of Kilinochchi
The island of blood might be coming to the end of its military stasis.
- An Open Letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on the Sri Lankan Issue
The peril facing Sri Lanka (and India) is immediate and great and urgent action is imperative
- Terror - Our Double Standards
Our politicians shamelessly exhibit double standards in their approach towards terrorism.
- An Open Letter to Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa
The main battle field, Mr. President, is in the hearts and minds of Sri Lankan Tamils.
- Indian Politicians And the Current Military Action in Sri Lanka
LTTE had been criticized for brain washing people to become suicide bombers, as well as forcing children to become soldiers.
- Book Review: Gorilla by Shobasakthi, Trans. by Anushiya Sivanarayanan
Shobasakthi's Gorilla is a fictionalised autobiography based on his experiences as a child soldier with the LTTE.
- Using Refugees for Strategic Purposes
Governments and other parties use refugees for their own purposes, and not just for humanitarian reasons either
- Sethusamudram, Moolah, and Sivaji
We not only pay taxes, we now buy shares and double pay our way into digging a canal.
- India's Geo-Strategic Policy - India Adrift?
There is much to be analyzed about the inept handling of terrorism, national security and geo-strategic issues by the current UPA administration
- A Dark Paradise - The Genocide of Sri Lankan Tamils
Beneath the idyllic picture of paradise there is an ethnic struggle raging.
- Indian First, Tamilians Second
Many newspaper reports state that those who lost their lives were 'Tamil fishermen.'
- LTTE Launch Air Raid In Sri Lanka - The World's First Terrorist Air Force
The LTTE might have changed the game, perhaps for the worse.
- Compromising India's Naval Security
Thoughts on India's lackadaisical approach to the security threat in the Indian Ocean.Sandeep
OPINION | Politics: Water, Politics: US, Politics: Terrorism, Politics: Sri Lanka, Politics: South Asia, Politics: Pakistan, Politics: Nepal, Politics: India, Politics: Governance, Politics: Freedom, Politics: Corruption, Politics: China, Culture: History, Culture: Essay, Culture: Desi, Culture: Books - Fiction, Politics: World
- Sri Lanka's New Phase of Fratricidal Conflict
Sri Lanka's fratricidal war appears to be entering a new phase of bloodshed as both sides harden their stand on devolution of power
- Why the UPA Should Go
Critique of the UPA's overall failure in protecting India.
- Failed Democracies Abound in South Asia
One might well ask as to what India did right that democracy - warts and all - at least exists in the country.