213 articles in category
Page 1 of 8, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 [Next]
- Movie Review: The Expendables
Escapism has long been seen as appropriate fare, with the hope that the 99ers will satiate their anger and frustration through the flickers on the
- A Road to Peace? Cracking the Qur'an Code
Is it possible, at this "five minutes to midnight" time we live in, to achieve peace in West Asia?
- The New Great Game in Afghanistan
After the two superpowers fighting their turf battles in Afghanistan, it is now the turn of two regional powers India and Pakistan to do the
- India and Pakistan - Future Scenarios
Can such an eventuality occur in the Indian Subcontinent?
- India's Influence on The World History and Economy.
Kings Sandrocuttus and Piodasses influenced the world history. What was the GDP of India since 300 B.C.?
- Sri Lankan General Sarath Fonseka Arrested
“They arrested him and carried him out like a dog,” Mr. Ganesan said in a telephone interview to the New York Times.
- Photo-Essay: HMS Belfast: The Ship That Came in From the Cold
A photo essay on HMS Belfast, a world war II cruiser currently moored on the Thames in London
- The Auschwitz Album
Old photographs of Auschwitz Concentration Camp.
- Looking Back: Fokker Aircraft Hijack, 1971
Pakistan has consistently alleged that this hijack was staged by Indian intelligence agencies
- The Value of Surrender
It is only when the Mind chooses to surrender that peace will return on Earth.
- Afghanistan: What Next?
If the Americans leave, can the ISI and the Taliban turn the clock back?
- Mdantsane, Poems of a Township
what is liberation so precious now
- Iranian President Ahmadinejad Denies The Holocaust Again
The evidence is overwhelming, and people really have to be dumb to declare it a myth.
- Book Review: Delhi, A Novel by Khushwant Singh
"Kaun jaaye Zauq par, Dilli ki Galiyan chhod kar"
- Justice Radhabinod Pal and Hiroshima
This policy of indiscriminate murder to shorten the war was considered to be a crime.
- Book Review: Forgotten Wars
The End of Britain's Asian Empire
- Observer Cronkite Dead: "And that's the way it is."
“Our job is only to hold up the mirror — to tell and show the public what has happened.”
- US Troops Withdraw From Key Iraqi Cities
The Government is treating the event as a major watershed in its regaining total control,but it does not really reduce the number of troops in
- Obama's Speech in Cairo - Reactions on the Ground
A Momentous Event that could transform the course of the History of Our World.
- Is The Demand For Eelam Valid? A Response to Tamilnet's Question
Just as the ends don't justify the means, the means also don't justify the ends.
- Poem: LTTE Tiger
At last he is killed, with his desires unfulfilled.
- Sri Lanka: An Opportunity for Love
An obscene display of celebration will only rub into the wounds of the Tamil people
- Movie Review: Oliver Stone's W.: An Unexpected Bush Biopic
W. is a film that provides insight into the psyche of a man whom people have already judged and learned to dismiss
- US-Pakistan-Afghanistan Summit: To Disrupt, Dismantle, and Defeat Al Qaeda
Whoever has a better idea would win the battle.
- The Taliban's Atomic Threat: John Bolton's Fear Mongering
Afghanistan is not a nuclear power. Yet the alleged conspirators of 9/11 emerged from there.
- Delusions of Grandeur Can Lead To Trouble
A Big Brother who is admired and respected, rather than feared, will be able to command his sibling's loyalty.
- Gurkhas Seek Justice in UK, They Get The Law Instead
The Gurkhas are brave and loyal, but should that give them the right to settle down in the UK?
- The Cryptic Doctor
A doctor working in the battlefield writes some cryptic notes and misses his family
- Life in the Mountains of Samaria: Feeling Like a Duck at a Target Shoot
If you have an afternoon to yourself, you can count on some Israeli bureaucrat to find a way to waste it for you.
- Sri Lanka Plans to Prolong "Nightmare" War
Why the government would not include the elected members of the Tamil community may hold the key to understanding the issue in its true sense.
- Military-Industrial- And Congressional Complex
A suspicious world distrustful of others is the right environment to sell big ticket armaments to both sides.
- India's Post-Independence Fight For Freedom
Maybe we started taking our precious freedom for granted and needed to be reminded that we simply cannot.Aditi Nadkarni
OPINION | Politics: Terrorism, Politics: War, Culture: City Life, Culture: Desi, Culture: Education, Culture: History, Culture: Social Issues, Culture: Rural, Culture: Religion, Culture: Urban, Politics: Reservations, Politics: Religion, Politics: Asia, Politics: Censorship, Politics: Corruption, Politics: Elections, Politics: Empire, Politics: Freedom, Politics: Governance, Politics: India, Politics: Laws, Politics: Peace, Culture: Women
- Meeting The Congressman For The Sri Lanka LTTE Crisis
Watching the human suffering and the brutality of the Sri Lankan forces for several weeks has finally thrust me to swing into action. Consultation with
- Satellites Colliding in Space
This crash may have been accidental, but what is to prevent countries from investing in such technologies?
- Territorial Extremism vs Religious Extremism
The sad & disgraceful thing with both forms of extremism is the loss of innocent lives.
- Sri Lanka-LTTE War: The Shifting Semantics of a Political Solution
More analysts are now making note that an Independant Tamil Eelam is now a political solution where as United Sri Lanka has become a military
- An Open Letter to Hillary Clinton on the Sri Lankan Issue
A few predator drones could save 250,000 human shields from captivity under the LTTE
- Shalom, Salam and Hello
Three seminal events that will cast their shadows for long.
- Pressure Mounting in Southern India to Stop LTTE-Sri Lanka War
The mounting pressure from southern India over the Sri Lankan issue is nearing its boiling point.
- Kilinochi - Images of the Victory Celebration
Sri Lankan soldiers find interesting memorabilia to celebrate the kilinochi victory.
- Poem For Barack, Michelle, Sasha, and Melia Obama
your silence is intriguing and deafening
- LTTE-China or LTTE-Pakistan Partnership Possible?
Will the Tamil Tigers realign and save themselves from further humiliation by the Sri Lankan army?
- LTTE End-Game - Sri Lankan Army Wins Battle of Kilinochchi
The island of blood might be coming to the end of its military stasis.
- Gaza Is Aflame. Again!
How can keeping food and medicine from the people of Gaza protect the people of Israel?
- Congo Connection - 3
General Laurent Nkunda says 'I want people like you with me who understand the heart of Congo'
- Israel Attacks Gaza: Over 200 Killed
Is Israel providing a model for India to follow in the wake of Mumbai?
- Defending Kasab
Shockingly, the Indian media is also unaware of the fact that the accused in our country are given legal rights.
- Congo Connection 2
Somewhere at a plush estate in Midrand, Johannesburg a deal of millions of dollars of armaments is being made. The gun sellers fuel the civil
- Iraq - Shoe-ing Away The Question
What if it's true? is a question, better avoided than asked.
- Congo Connection 1
Leopoldville, Congo after that
- poem: hatred and love
if hatred was a sacrificial goat / it should be rescued and protected
- Historical Turning Points in Kashmir
Three events, each of which could have changed the history of Kashmir.
- The Congress (I) - A Party of, by and For Madam
She may be working in the background but is it not true that even the kingmaker should also be held accountable?
- India's 9/11 - Rage, Retaliation, and Restraint, Part II
The Mumbai attacks were India’s 9/11.
- A Cancer Researcher At The Scene
Today, the cancer researcher in me sat down and pondered about terrorism, in terms of cancer research (can you believe it!)
- Mumbai Terror: Musings of a Desicritic
Is there really a gap of leaders who can inspire young men and women to abhor violence and use more human methods of communication?
- Disjointed Questions on the Bombay Blasts and Its Aftermath
Questions and musings in my mind over the past 48 hours.Kim
OPINION | Media: Events, Media: Citizen Media, Culture: Urban, Culture: Society, Culture: Personal History, Culture: Crime, Culture: City Life, Culture: Bureaucracy, Media: Journalism, Media: News, Media: Television, Politics: World, Politics: War on Terror, Politics: War, Politics: Terrorism, Politics: Peace, Politics: Laws, Politics: India, Politics: Governance, BizTech: Management
- Book Review: The Enemy at the Gate by Andrew Wheatcroft
There were so many areas where the Ottomans were much superior to the Habsburg forces.
- Fiction: Suicide Attack
They would use their traditional weapons for the attack, weapons they had used almost from the time they were born.
- Poem: black in white
will it be the same movers / who move in the black man / in the white house