429 articles in category
Page 1 of 15, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 [Next]
- Salman Khan's Experiments With Intellectualism
Sallu-mian has learned his lesson, which I think he won’t forget in a hurry. But a larger lesson is to be learned by a whole
- Do We Respect Our Icons?
I apologize to Vishy for this behaviour. The hell with these jokers, when you know there are a billion plus people who adore and love
- Have a Sweet After-life, Viveka!
A very Gay Goodbye to a "courageous" ex-model
- Salutations to Comrade Jyoti Basu - An Intergenerational Tribute
How many Chief Ministers in India in the future will be appreciative of the very subtle and abstract humour of PG Wodehouse?
- Book Review : The Other Queen
A personalised tale of Mary, Queen of the Scots.
- Clueless in Kochi
Tharoor's inexhaustible capacity for self-destruction notwithstanding, sacking him was a mistake
- Ayesha, Sania, And Dhokha
Should all marriages with Indians or between Indians be formally registered with the state?
- IPL T20 @ Ferozeshah Kotla - Delhi Daredevils vs Rajasthan Royals
Cricket in India can draw more crowds than even Big Bazaar's annual sales
- Michael Jordan - The Buzzer Beater
He is the man who never choked up. He always got the job done.
- Amar Singh, Amitabh Bachchan and the Worli Sea Link Controversy
The Congress has revealed its farcical image by condemning Big B, by its petty mind games.
- March-ing Ahead
Of all the gin joints in the world, Maqbool had to walk into a Gulf Kingdom!
- Unleash The Paparazzi Hounds
Celebrities need to be reigned in.
- For The Love of Hussain
The MF Hussain bundle of sex,paints and goddess was once again in news as the 95 years old Maharastra born Indian Picasso was granted Qatari
- Every Place is Kansas Now, Tiger
Dorothy, it looks like every place is Kansas now.
- Nawwab and I: Turning to a Lamb
Second attempt by handlers and enablers to save their client's reputation
- My Name is Khan Mumbai Release - Free Speech or Free Market?
Ratings were the primary interest, not freedom of speech or taking a collective stand against divisive/undemocratic intimidation.
- Shiv Sena vs An Actor
An analysis of the time Shiv Sena went head to head against reason and lost.
- It's Cool To Be Free
Liberalism is NOT a dirty word
- Phir Mile Sur or Frivolous Mile Sur?
The new version has been launched with so much Bollywood emphasis that the Olympics medal winners have been pushed to the very end of the
- TV Review: Colors Bingo Fails to Click
To put it baldly, Colors Bingo is the worst, most ill-conceived poorly produced product-promo show ever on television
- Jyoti Basu, Grand Communist, Dies at 95
His legacy extends beyond strikes and industrial inaction.
- Sporting Comebacks - They Came Back, Saw and Conquered
It was a treat for the eyes and as remarkable a comeback as Capriati's.
- 2009 - Tragic Deaths Of the Year
- Movie Review: Paa - The Self-Absorbedness Of Bachchanalia
If the story wasn't supposed to be about the disease itself, then why bring it in?
- Tiger Drinks Gatorade for Accenture
Isn't it the easiest thing on earth to have a chance to point fingers at someone?
- Sachin Tendulkar - God, In All His Glory
What followed was one of the biggest heartbreaks in the boy's life.
- Why Aamir Khan Should Not Lobby for Kiran Bedi
The underlying tenet of democracy is transparency, not popularity contests in the name of inclusiveness and participation.
- Megalomaniacs Abound In Bigg Boss Season 3
There is a layer of unreal greasiness to the show that oils our voyeuristic judgemental streak.
- President Barack Obama Awarded 2009 Nobel Peace Prize
Another question that lingers in my mind when I hear of the Nobel peace prize is why did Mahatma Gandhi never receive one?
- Mont Blanc Mahatma
A culture that can sell anything!
- Roman Polanski, Child Rapist, Supported by Global Film Community
Would they feel the same way if this happened to one of their own near and dear children?
- Game, Set, Match - The Best Decade of Tennis
A look at the past and future of tennis this decade
- Attending Symphony Concert - Gil Shaham and Carmina Burana
A long-awaited first visit to a symphony concert was just the moment I knew I was going to cherish for a long time.
- Book Review: The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown
It suffers from an unbearable awareness of its assumed self-importance, and tries too hard to conform to expectations.
- Sachin Tendulkar - Twenty Years On
What we saw was what we have always seen. True class, from a man who is a credit to the sport he represents.
- Soul Search Or Strip Search?
The brouhaha over a US airline detaining Shah Rukh Khan. Is it worth it?
- Let's Stop Over-reacting To Security Incidents
This hangover of giving VIP, VVIP, VVVIP, X, Y, Z category security blah blah is a culture prevalent in India and not in the US.
- Shah Rukh Khan Detained At Newark Airport, USA
The rational explanation is of course that the immigration authorities were only doing their job, and the rules are the same for everyone.
- Taslima Nasreen Returns to India, Albeit Temporarily
Taslima Nasreen does not find it safe in India, nor does the Government really want her to be here in India.
- NSG Security Cover Withdrawn By Home Ministry
I thought the one person who needed security cover the most was our poor old LS Speaker!
- Continental Airlines Gets Notice for Frisking Abdul Kalam
This is one of the many flaws which makes way for other debauched malpractices like Corruption to seep into the system.
- The Most Good-Looking Man in the World & E-mail Forwards
My eyes saw, but they did not believe. but, as the Oracle says "Believe". Why take my word for it?
- Quitters do Win
Winston Churchill and his permanent appendage created a positive association between success and smoking in my mind, turning me into a smoker.
- Dr.Shah Rukh Khan Gets His Ph.D - Dilwale Doctorate Le Jayenge
The University of Bedforshire conferred an honorary PhD upon the King Khan, making him Dr.Khan
- Surnames, Globalization, and More
It is high time countries all over the world ditched the notion that every name should consist of a surname and a given name.
- Farewell, MJ - You'll Always Live In Our Hearts
Holy God!! He is dead, isn't he, I ask myself.
- Michael Jackson's Memorial - The Last Greatest Show on Earth
The media treated the event with a mixture of solemnity and awe, unmingled with cynicism. it was morbid capitalism at its worst.
- Cooking For The Family
Its been eight years to my marriage and I find myself chained to the kitchen and not half a good cook as my mom.
- Michael Jackson, King of Pop, Dies of Heart Attack
Behind the scenes, Michael Jackson was a tormented, confused man, yearning for a lost childhood and descending into a private morass of sadness.
- Shiney Ahuja - Maid to Dishonor
The girl showed great courage, the police absolute initiative and the media its investigative power.
- Kajol - The One and Only
As they say, for some there is only a beginning but no end. She will ever remain fresh in memory just like it is today.
- Obama's Speech in Cairo - Reactions on the Ground
A Momentous Event that could transform the course of the History of Our World.
- Hrithik Roshan - Shahzada Of Bollywood
From Aasha to Kismat Talkies and from Akbar to Buddha, our Shahzada has come a long way.
- The Celebrity Apprentice Finale: A Let Down For Working Women
It was a sad night for working women who struggle against the stereotypes that Joan Rivers' reinforced on Celebrity Apprentice.
- Salman Khan - Bad Boy With A Golden Heart
He is best recognised and best preferred shirtless.
- Kareena Kapoor-Katrina Kaif - Who's On Top?
As Katrina is climbing to the top, she finds Queen Bee Kareena already sitting there.
- Mallika Sherawat - Pamela Anderson Of India
From Haryana to Hollywood was just a Hisss away.
- Aamir Khan - Shahrukh Khan: Bade Miyan, Chhote Miyan
One can't say if one is better than the other but recent performances point to Aamir being bade miyan and SRK being chhote miyan.
- Feroz Khan - The Cowboy of the East
You will be missed, cowboy.
- Bollywood: Top 10 Tax Payers Of 2008-09
Bollywood has certainly come a long way since the days when there used to be mega raids on superstars' houses.