40 articles in category
Page 1 of 2, Go to page: 1, 2 [Next]
- The Common Shame Games of India
Could the cause be lack of portable loos near construction sites or just plain resentment on the part of the poor overworked labour class?
- Why Are We So Pathetic As A Sporting Nation?
We were pathetic as a sporting nation when we were kids and would remain so even when our great-grandchildren would be doing their graduation.
- Satire: Commonwealth Games Bulletin
The day ended with Gauri the Cow, India’s answer to Paul the Octopus predicting that India will top the medals tally in these games.
- Do We Respect Our Icons?
I apologize to Vishy for this behaviour. The hell with these jokers, when you know there are a billion plus people who adore and love
- Viswanathan Anand Vs Sachin Tendulkar
Both are sports icons of exceptional talent and perhaps one of the best their respective games has ever seen in...
- Why is Billion Strong India a Laggard in Sports?
If Indian sportsmen still manage to win so many accolades, it is not because of the system, it is despite the system
- How Good are the Preparations for the Commonwealth Games?
Tentative, no absolute words of confidence.
- Chess Grandmaster Anand Wins the Chess Oscar - The Fascinated Wanderer
The current World Champion, GM Vishwanathan Anand of India, has won the Chess Oscar, 6 times.
- Strategy and Positional Chess Books
One of the common questions asked by a budding chess player is, which books must he chose to develop his positional and strategic skills?
- Indian Hockey Federation Suspended by Indian Olympic Association - Games We Play
No nation in the world plays as many sports disciplines as we do with official blessings.
- Kambala: Racing Buffaloes, The Slushy Way
A day at Kambala, an action packed buffalo racing sport in slushy waters.
- IIMB, UNMAAD - Not Quite A Finished Product
You can tell "central committee" folks in a college fest by the presence of a walkie-talkie and the amount of swagger in their walk
- Laser Questing
"What is the harm in checking out what goes on behind those closed doors?"
- Bobby Fisher: Grand Master, Iconoclast and Legend
Like other genii he was flawed and lived life on his terms and died defiant and un-checkmated.
- Movie Review: The Peaceful Warrior
It convinces without persuasion.
- White Water Rafting: What A Rush!
Freezing cold water and I am clad in a neoprene suit, about to go rafting. I am seriously nuts!
- The Joys Of Trekking
The mountains veiled in clouds, look so tempting; how can one sit at the foot of the hill?
- Boston Red Sox are 2007 World Series Champions
Being a baseball fan overseas is no easy feat
- Cox & Queens: At The Annual Chennai M&B Regatta
The delighted Madras Houz girls were happy with their trophies. 'Wish they had given us free membership to go with that, though!'
- Is Twenty20 the Future of Cricket?
The sustenance of any sport depends on the needs and wants of its key stakeholders.
- Shanthakumaran Sreesanth - Which Way Will he Go?
Sreesanth's fate may just determine the fate of the Indian side in the next 4-5 years.
- Flintoff to Yuvraj - "I Will Smash Your Face, You Just Wait"
Yuvraj's reaction was brilliant in my view.
- Interview: Shiva Keshavan, India's Best Luger
At this young age, Keshavan's already a veteran - having taken part in three Winter Olympics and now preparing for his fourth at Vancouver 2010.
- Course du Coeur 2007 in France
We humans can help others, even after we have breathed over the last gasp of life.
- Weekend Jaunts: Climbing the Sahyadri Hills in Western India
Some of Maharashtra's forts are large, strong, cunning affairs. Others like Korigad are small clever mountain hide-outs in the Sahyadris.
- Spelunking in Virginia - A Mighty Fine Adventure
This cave was nothing like the caves of my imagination - it was a rather slim, elongated, hole in the wall.
- Have You Heard of The National Games?
A good beginning would be to revamp Doordarshan and ensure it is as competent and as highly watched as ESPN
- The First Association of Professional Chess Players Rapid Chess Tournament
Despite the absence of the three top most players the quality of play from the rest of the participants was excellent.
- Asian Games Doha Diary
The Squash tournament starts today at the Asian Games
- The 15th Asian Games, Doha, 2006
The world's second largest sport event in one of the globe's smallest countries, starts on the 1st of December.
- Canadian Football Is Still Football
...it is a different version of the game where the emphasis is placed more on speed and agility then straight ahead strength
- Exotic Sports: Ice Cricket
The Estonians play a modified game of cricket on real ice
- Ritwik Bhattacharya Enters The Main Draw At The Hong Kong Squash Open 2006
Ritwik, Saurav & Joshna prepare for the Asian Games by participating in various squash tournaments
- Taking Squash To The Masses
Over recent years, the Squash Rackets Federation of India has taken firm steps to increase the popularity and level of squash in India
- How Much Should We Experiment With the Cricket Team?
Recently a few players have started questioning the non-conventional methods of their team's coaches
- Teaching Your Child To Be A Good Sport
As we approach the Diwali holidays, we should look at encouraging our kids to participate in a sport.
- Richard Hammond Is On The Mend, Say His Doctors
Hammond's impish smile, his cheerful persona and sheer delight in his job have made him the darling of the public.
- Floyd Landis Does What Lance Armstrong Could not -- Test Positive
The Tour de France winner tested positive for testosterone, the dope.
- The MG Comes Back!
Forget the terrorist horrors in the world today. The MG symbol of fun and freedom may come back.