« August, 2010 || October, 2010 »
- Archives: September 2010
- Gender Stereotypes
Do you subscribe to them or challenge them?
- The Best Circus Of India
Our parliament with its five hundred odd performers is better than all other circuses of the world put together.
Iíve always been mildly envious of my mother not because she received gifts from my father but because she had the privilege of knowing and
- Can We Save Our Tigers?
It's high time our environment minister drops the argument on BT Brinjal and starts thinking about our national animal.
- Water-Borne Misery: Pakistan in Peril
The country of Pakistan has experienced a tragic flood that has left it unable to function well as a nation.
- Hindi Films: License To Kill
Hindi movies are as painful as a two-hour-45minutes long yawn.
- Are You In Touch With Your Self?
I think, its time you, the reader -man or woman- find that ME-TIME, for yourself, ie., your own personal space and your time for yourself.
- Archie Comics - Will Delhi Accept Kevin?
For 70 years, there was no homosexuality in Riverdale High School. At least nobody talked about it.
- Photography Times Review: Sigma 150-500mm HSM OS
For the price, the Sigma 150-500mm lens is an excellent bang for the buck.
- Sense And Sensibility _ Are We Losing It?
It is high time we realize that we are not differentiated by our religion, language, political boundary, faith but are united by the single thread
- Supplying Our Backsides
In India the whole system seems to work on a simple philosophy Ė a lot should go into the system with too little coming out
- Dr. Manmohan Singh Has Left The Building
As is known to every one, Dr. Manmohan Singh, the Prime Minister, owes his current position to the Gandhis, the first family of Indian politics.
- Mdantsane far off
memory is bestowed as unseen remains the fog
- The Best Prime Minister of India
When Narasimha Rao got to the stage, the damage had already been done.
- I Wish I Was Beaten Black And Blue
Ma, I wish I was beaten black and blue. For a hurt is never an offence for you
- The Potential For Misuse of Laws in India
Some Menís Rights activists feel misuse of laws by women to harass husbands actually helps the menís movement.
- Delhi Belly For Beginners
Last night I dreamt that Delhi got a new bookstore in Mahipalpur!
- Champions League T20: Mumbai Indians Outclassed by Highveld Lions
Upsets are what make sports interesting.
- Learning Art
We rely on erasers, encouragement and the infinite patience of the art teacher.
- That Day, 2001
I've witnessed eight anniversaries in the U.S. since and the memories are still as vivid, the pain still as fresh.
- Photo Essay: Sharia al Mugharablin, Cairo
An ancient street in the middle of Islamic Cairo
- Photo Essay: Shops along the Sharia al-Muizz li-Din Allah
Shopping in Cairo's ancient streets
- Photo Essay: The Mosque & Sabil Kuttab Aly El Mutahhir
A photo essay on the mosque and sabil of Aly El Mutahhir in Cairo
- Our Prime Minister Is Not Losing His Sleep Anymore
Conspiracy or no conspiracy, things are not going the way they should and I have my concerns.
- YouTube: It's Dinner Time with Dr. RC!
Dr. Ravichandran (Dr.RC) starts a talk show in YouTube.
- Imperfection is Bliss
Do you know he masturbates? My father alleged, referring to my son.
- Jip, Jip
"No I don't need any hash, but ask the lady," I replied pointing to M.
- In Step or Out?
They are different as night and day in everything else, but in this one attitude they could be Siamese twins.
- Salman Khan's Experiments With Intellectualism
Sallu-mian has learned his lesson, which I think he wonít forget in a hurry. But a larger lesson is to be learned by a whole
- Photo Essay: The Madrasa and Mausoleum of Sultan Qalawum
A photo essay on the Madrasa and Mausoleum of Sultan Qalawum in Cairo
- Coming Soon - A Cure For Myopia
I never wanted my kids to go through this. I was so helpless, but hopeful about the advancement of technology in this field.
- Why Are We So Pathetic As A Sporting Nation?
We were pathetic as a sporting nation when we were kids and would remain so even when our great-grandchildren would be doing their graduation.
- Photo Essay Ė Assorted Sights of Sharia al Muizz li din Allah in Cairo
Sights and Sighs while perambulating around the Sharia al Muizz li din Allah in Cairo
- Photo Essay: the Sabil-Kuttab of Katkhuda in Cairo
The blue tiled room in a tiny little sabil on a bifurcated street in Cairo
- Book Review: Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
The book guides you towards the way to cross over your sadness, your sorrows, your loneliness
- Poetry: Bottoms-up Girl
'She is a bottoms-up girl, and I drink in slow sips.'
- Is Omar Abdullah A Liability?
Whatever is happening in Kashmir since the beginning of June is certainly embarrassing for the peace loving Kashmiris and democracy at large.
- Things I Hate About India: Part I
If you are still reading this article, then you are lucky enough to be at a place where there are less power cuts.
- Looking Afresh at Kashmir - Intrinsic, Prudential or Systemic?
Every academic argument made so far has already been made before, and tried in some way, shape or form.
- Photo Essay: The Al Aqmar Mosque in Cairo
The Al Aqmar Mosque, a small fatimid era mosque lovingly restored
- Ayodhya Verdict: Will Hindus Get Justice On September 24th?
A democratically elected government canít and shouldnít be on its knees and request its citizens to maintain harmony post a court verdict.
- Where Are The Feel Good Female Magazines?
We crave good political commentary or maybe we just want to see Rahul Gandhi or Omar Abdullah centerfolds wearing nothing more than their legendary pouts.
- The Times of India And Volkswagen - Spreading Fear and Speaking Papers
How could the Times of India send an item that could be misused for a dangerous mission in such sensitive times?
- Photo Essay: The Al Azhar Mosque And Its Environs In Cairo
The first university in the world?
- The Common Shame Games of India
Could the cause be lack of portable loos near construction sites or just plain resentment on the part of the poor overworked labour class?
- The Philosophy of Freedom
Before I came to love free markets, I fell in love with something else first - FREEDOM.
- What Do You Believe?
Self awareness leads to self confidence and when you know your self life automatically becomes more meaningful.
- Commonwealth Games 2010: Incompetent and Deceptive
Uncomfortable but mandatory questions need to be answered in a hurry.
- Photo Essay: The Cairo Citadel
Saladin's Castle up on the hilltop
- Liberal Indians, Stand Up
Itís time to stand up for our convictions, for our liberal values.
- Sudden Trees - Poems of Gwalior
years after the trees grew wild and so did a blatant sky
- Ayodhya: A Letter to the Hindus
The battle for the Hindu identity won't be fought in the fields of Ayodhya. It should be fought in the fields of science, commerce, politics,
- Photo Essay: Mosque of Sultan Hassan in Cairo
More mosques in Cairo
- Why Do Women Wear Heels?
I'd rather have a man fall for my wit than for the way my hips move
- Things I Hate About India: Part II
Nobody knows better than Viswanathan Anand, how big a pain in the butt our red tapes and protocols are.
- Photo Essay: Madrasah and Khanquh of Sultan Barquq
Perhaps one of the most impressive Islamic buildings on the al Muizz street
- Photography Times: Indian Idols - Live in Concert
The Indian Idol 5 winner, runner-up and finalist in a live concert.
- To Hell With The Games, Let's Set Our Basics Right!
The CWG just projected us Indians in terms of the un-imaginable corruption levels on the world platform.
- Photo Essay: The famous El Fishawy Cafe in Khan el Khalili
The Souk in the middle of Cairo
- In Defence of Secularism
Secularism supports the individual against the pressure of the group and the individual conscience against the dogma of the group.
- Stop "Harming" Me!
No one can be "harmed" by a painting or a book. Those who claim that something offends them should just learn to deal with it!
- Photo Essay: Beit el Suhaymi Ė A Restored Ottoman Era House in Cairo
How the Ottomans lived in the 17th century city of Cairo
- Do Indians Suffer From Identity Crisis?
I wish the day will come when we will get out of this UBI (Unfortunately Born in India) attitude and respect our own identity and
- Photo Essay: The Mosque of Sayyidna al-Hussein in Cairo
Perhaps one of the most holy sites in Islam
- Gifts Men Should Not Give Women
I'm not urging men not to splurge on their women. Just don't spend your money buying "things."
- Allahabad High Court Delivers Split Verdict on Ayodhya
Public reaction seemed mostly disinterested, despite the ardent efforts of the media to play up the event as if it were the second Partition.
- Ayodhya Verdict - A Wasted Opportunity
Let's face it - today's verdict doesn't close this chapter. It doesn't leave us in any better position than we were yesterday.
« August, 2010 || October, 2010 »
- Gender Stereotypes