« May, 2010 || July, 2010 »
- Archives: June 2010
- Modi Vis-a-Vis MEA
At last the dust has settled, of course after some tough talks by our MEA officials to their counter parts...
- Security Is A Comedy In India
The death of 140 odd passengers of a Mumbai bound train early Friday made us revisit the question all over...
- Photo Essay: Courtland Gallery, 2nd Floor
A photo essay on the exhibits on the 2nd floor of the Courtland Gallery, one of the best small museums in London
- What To Do When A Friend 'Comes Out'
Each one is a sweet memory, a verbal token that a friend trusted me and shared something deeply personal.
- Photo Essay: Courtland Gallery’s Reception
The reception at Courtland Gallery, one of the best small museums in London
- Chaotic Bangalore Roads, Jackass Drivers, Inept Governments
Who in their right minds digs up roads just when the monsoon season starts?
- Photo Essay: Courtland Gallery, the Gambier Parry Gallery 1/3
The Gambier Parry Gallery at the Courtland Gallery, 1/3 photo essay
- Hindustan bole to Youngistan
What does todays India signifies with its young population. How they can influence the social, ecoanomic and political environment of India
- Photo Essay: Courtland Gallery, the Gambier Parry Collection, Ivories Display 2/3
The second of three photo essays on the Gambier Parry Collection of Ivories at the Courtland Gallery
- Poetry: The Messenger of Smiles
One day while walking On the golden sands of a beach, I met a frail old man Whose head was shaped like a peach.
- Fiction: Love Child
It is only once in a lifetime that you hear of such perversity that your gut wrenches and the earth splits open right under your
- The World Of Straight & Gay-Friendly
Should homosexuality be a deal-breaker in a straight relationship?
- Photo Essay: Courtland Gallery, the Gambier Parry Collection, Islamic Metalwork 3/3
The final photo essay on the Gambier Parry Collection, the Islamic Metalwork collection.
- Travel Review: Andrew Jackson's Hermitage Plantation
There were few iconic figures in the mid-nineteenth century in post-Revolutionary America quite like General Andrew Jackson.
- Bank Risks - Show Me The Money And Who Owns It
Bank risk taking varies positively with the comparative power of shareholders within the corporate governance structure of each bank.
- Of Desis, Settlers and Flotillas in Israel
Even if the success rate is high, time is against those Israelis who believe that might is right and they will always get their way.
Poems and Drawings on Haiti
- Garden Talk
Our garden has suffered a lot of neglect in recent months.
- Book Review: Heartbreaks and Dreams - Yesterday Once More
While stories about IIT abound on bookshelves today, Heartbreaks and Dreams is the sole representative of the female perspective
- Maturity Is An Age Thing
You can put a kid on the fast track but you can't make him an adult before his time.
- International Violence against Women Act Faces Stiff Opposition From Unexpected Quarter
Funding of 1 Billion dollars under I-VAWA will lead to gross Civil Liberties Violations.
- The BJP's Revivalism
The BJP is one party which has the potential, the gumption and the foresight to lead the country from the front.
- Greek Synod Condemns Mass in Modern Greek
In this day and age, there are still people who complain about translations of religious texts.
- Oh Bhopal!
Bhopal lost something on that night,and nothing but time will heal those wounds.
- Fiction: The Park
A park separates them.
- Sensibility in Senseless Traffic
Among impatient drivers, unruly drivers, rogue drivers and rash drivers, one could come across sensible drivers too.
- Book Review: Dreams in Prussian Blue by Paritosh Uttam
An unequal relationship to pursue the dreams of one man...
- Haiti, Poems and Drawings
Haiti - Poems and Drawings
- Right to Information, State Accountability, and Wikileaks
There is natural tension between the State and the public on the question of transparency. Authoritarian states by definition limit access to information.
- Teaching Work & Wealth Values to Children
I'm teaching my kids about wealth and investments. What are you guys doing with your kids?
- Movie Review: Raavanan - Read Amar Chitra Katha Instead
Have we become pathological remixers?
- Movie Review: Raavan – Completely Devoid of Soul
It’s too simple a story which runs on a single track, at the same pace towards an ending which we are all too familiar with.
- Photo Essay: The Herb Garden
A photo essay on a herb garden made by the Worshipful Company of Barbers in London
- An Overdose of Saccharine
On Father's Day, I try to describe my father to you.
- Photo Essay: The Mouse Ran Up The Clock In The Horological Museum
A Horological Museum in London
- Movie Review: Raavan
A sensuous overload of water everywhere, but not a drop to relish
- A Feline Obsession
Do you realize what a breakthrough it is? Men can now brag about their female and feline followers. Dahling would you terribly mind having my
- Poem: Echoes of Existence
There lives an echo on the streets Where she once travelled and breathed
- Pleading "Not Guilty"
I often joke that the only trips I take are the Guilt Trips that the states of being a mother, daughter, wife, and friend induce.
- Book Launch: Angel of Death - The Story of Smallpox
A Photo Essay on a book launch and other bits and bobs at the Wellcome Centre, London
- Bhopal : A Gas Tragedy
I always thought for 2010 the biggest national shame would be the Commonwealth Games, but was proven wrong
- The Kulfiwallah
The Kulfi tastes slightly salty, creamy and milky cold with bits of cardamom.
- Delusional in Afghanistan
The quagmire in Afghanistan, deepened by the decision to commit 30,000 more soldiers by President Obama is anything but farce.
- Poetry: Rain
Silk Screen Print and Poem from A Slow Train to Gwalior
- The Snooze Button
If you are like my hubs, you will not hear the alarm even if the volume of the chirping has reached deafening proportions.
- Fiction: The Morning After
Survival first is the metropolitan mantra.
- The FIFA World Cup 2010 - A Sleeping Pill Called Jabulani?
Up next - shock & draw.
- Cane & Disable
Corporal punishment reinforces violence and discourages independent thought
- Time Management - A Paradigm Shift
How should we use our time effectively?
- The Feminist Hangover
Who’s going to rescue the world now that Superwoman has ousted Superman and killed the collaboration?
- FIFA World Cup 2010: Shock & Draw
Some had progressed, some had already booked their flights back home, but the fates of most were undecided as on 21st June.
- A Talkative Judge
Should a judge use his personal blog to attack the judiciary?
- FIFA World Cup 2010: The Threshold
The World Cup might have come to Africa but Africa, it seems, failed to come to the World Cup.
- Poetry: East London
East London - A Poem
- The Bhopal Gas Tragedy - All The Political Discussions
Or will it all die down when some other news takes it place ?
- Book Review: Open Government
Collaboration, Transparency, and Participation in Practice
- parvana chand
ish'q bhee tu, aashiq bhee tu / pyar bhee tu, pari bhee tu
More than 77% of our country's population lives on less than 20 Rs per day. This is not any...
- Travel Review: Trip to Saladin's Citadel in Cairo
Saladin's Citadel is a structure that bears great importance to the history of Cairo.
- An Evening With Aurangzeb
What drives us to be so judgemental and conclusive without knowing the facts?
- Poetry: Head and Heart
from her, herd, hard, heart to her
- That Bitter Sweet Feeling
Not my home, but lot of memories there
- Have a Sweet After-life, Viveka!
A very Gay Goodbye to a "courageous" ex-model
- Diesel Pricing Decontrol - Will Diesel Car Demand Decrease?
The Government says it is committed to decontrol price of diesel
« May, 2010 || July, 2010 »
- Modi Vis-a-Vis MEA