« February, 2010 || April, 2010 »
- Archives: March 2010
- Photography Times: Guira Cuckoo
The Guira Cuckoo is found mostly in the South American wild, particularly in the forests of Brazil, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia, and Argentina.
- India's Influence on The World History and Economy.
Kings Sandrocuttus and Piodasses influenced the world history. What was the GDP of India since 300 B.C.?
- Politics of Identity - A Discussion on the UID Project
The UID project is one of the most ambitious programs in India, without precedence or parallel anywhere in the world.
- Ten Dating Don'ts For Men
Animals do it, insects do it and human men do it too. Only don’t go on and on about it.
- Fly To The Top Of The World
If someone wants to pick his nose, who the fuck am I to deny him his choice?
- Accountants are High Priests, Drawing Order out of Chaos
Accountants are not merely bean counters, they are our interlocutors with the Gods
- Fiction: Bitter Coffee
She preferred espresso shots but he couldn't stand their acrid taste.
- Whenever a sparrow flew, Poems of Gwalior
whenever a sparrow flew away whenever another day arrived.
- Fiction: Misery - Past And Present
The ghost of the unmarked grave now hitchhiked in the body of Darshini.
- India and Pakistan - Future Scenarios
Can such an eventuality occur in the Indian Subcontinent?
- Poetry: Maqbool Fida Hussain - A Qatari Citizen
a nation stayed speechless / a ninety-six years old / became a foreigner / to himself.
- Bhagvata Purana, Skandha 1
I have to admit that I did not even know about this book till somebody told me that the Bhagvata Purana is also known as
- The Filth That We Are Comfortable With
Bangalore drowns in filth, no one cares and corporate responsibility has never been more meaningless.
- Lahore: Rants and Raves
Here we emphasize on preserving our taste buds; the real essence of survival
- Technology Lapses
Technology fails to prove its absoluteness.
- Beautiful Mathematics in Control Theory
What is common between stimulus packages, launch vehicles, robots and inverted pendulums?
- Lahore: Rants and Raves Unrelenting
If I could sum up Lahore I'll do it like everyone else does - this city doesn't sleep.
- Spring-ing a Surprise
Confronted with a pile from my latest indiscretions, I make yet another “no more shopping, I have enough” resolution.
- Shaikh Dr Tahir ul-Qadri Issues Anti-Terrorism Fatwa Without Teeth
Following the global anti-terrorism Fatwa launched in London it's time the public (including Muslims) question the motives of these "advisors".
- Mumbai - The Core of India
It is the same democracy which allowed Bapu to fast and churn a nation and more.
- The Culture of Tips and Service Charges
Tips and service charges can add up to a sizable portion of the overall cost, especially when you are not prepared
- Cut Loose All The Flying Kites
Many understand why the government deems it necessary to wage this war against the harmless kite, but everyone still wants it.
- Women’s Reservation Bill: Lottery System to Replace Democracy in India
30% of male MPs of Congress, BJP and CPM resigning for a women only bi-election?!!
- Ideart: Good Karma, Bad Medicine
The best way to communicate this thought may be visual and not verbal.
- Officials Given Prison Terms for Preventing Flow of Pollutants into a river
Dereliction of duty and not setting up a sewage treatment plant
- For The Love of Hussain
The MF Hussain bundle of sex,paints and goddess was once again in news as the 95 years old Maharastra born Indian Picasso was granted Qatari
- IT Outsourcing Can Actually Increase a Firm’s IT Spend
IT Outsourcing is not a panacea for reducing costs, it can do other things, but not reduce costs
- An Unpleasant Experience at the Local Big Bazaar
Combine a lady prone to quarreling with some weird policies, and you get a disaster.
- Senator Harry Reid's Offensive Remarks About Jobless Men
Law makers should educate themselves instead of implementing policies in anger, frustration or guilt.
- The Women's Reservation Bill And Empowerment
Is there a need for reservations? Is it going to make any significant impact?
- Shri RamChandra Kripalu Bhajman (Prayer by Tulsidas, With Translation And Notes)
Introduction (for the initiated, for foreigners, for skeptics and for believers) Ramayana is the most important and influential epic...
- Counterpoint: Why Women's Reservation is a (Unreservedly) Good Idea
Women's reservation has been a long-time coming. This bill may not be the best or only solution to empowering women. But let not the perfect
- Photo Essay: When I Am Gone – Harrow Cemetery
A photo essay on the local village cemetery
- Photography Times: Silhouetted Seagull
Sunrise and sunset are probably the favorite times of the day for any photographer.
- Fear and Lust
- To My "Little Women"
There! 11 things - one for each year that I have been a mother.
- Photo Essay: Circumambulation of the London Fashion Week
A photo essay of what's outside the London Fashion Week.
- Male Dominance and Historical Wrongs done to Women
Should men be apologetic and live life feeling guilty and defensive?
- Fallen Role Models - Keeping The Value
This kind of extreme reaction serves no one - not the media, not the people.
- Book Review: The Tunnel at the End of Time
The Armageddon was inevitable... We needed it, and so we created it. But it is only illusion...
- Does Marriage Destroy Friendship?
For marital friendship to be successful, friendship needs to go beyond the concept of conditional love.
- Obama's Curse
He is seen as the preacher-in-chief rather than the commander-in-chief.
- Tarbela Dam & Karkoram Highway Threatened in Pakistan
The question that should be boggling every Indian’s mind is how can India help?
- Women's Reservations - The Ground Reality
In parliament, it’s about India; not a few villages.
- Photography Times: Green Snake
Looking through the viewfinder at close to the entire focal length of my lens, it seemed as if he was staring straight into my eyes.
- Book Review: Bhagwata Purana, Skandha Two, Part One
A review of the Bhagwata Purana, Skhandha two, first of three parts
- Systems Thinking and Counter-intuitive Nature of Social Systems
Is there a limitation in the way humans perceive social problems?
- Unleash The Paparazzi Hounds
Celebrities need to be reigned in.
- Mdantsane Dancing- Poetry of Mdantsane
she touches her eyes and her hips again in other patterns....
- Abusing the British Welfare State
When Diarmuid asks the wife what she feels about sponging off the state, she points to her husband and goes “it is his fault! He
- Should Marriage be Abolished?
Should family be replaced by Commune?
- Alone, White, and Female in India
What's the right advice for a young white woman travelling alone in India?
- Tag me a Price
Nothing in life comes without a price attached to it not even life itself.
- A Lesson Finally Learned
The Ray household does not acquire gadgets in haste.
- Introducing Astrology in Schools
Astrology needs to be thrust down the minds of all.
- Phir Dil Do Hockey Ko - The World Hockey Cup 2010
I congratulate the team for achieving this feat and I will definitely say – Maine Dil diya Hockey ko.
- Indian Union Cabinet Passes the Foreign Education Bill
Plenty of opposition before the bill proceeds
- CFO or CEO: Who Influences Earnings Management More?
Who has the most influence on earnings management of a firm? Some surprising results
- Travel Review: Mammoth Cave, Kentucky
This is a relatively new part of the caves, with water still carving out strange caverns from the limestone.
- Fiction: Dust
My fingers tremble and bunch up the sheet’s poppy flowers in a blundered watercolour stain and the heart misses more than a few necessary beats.
- A Gathering Storm - How the UID Project Will Tranform India Into a Police State
Various initiatives within the government are converging to transform India into a classic police state.
- Photo Essay: Chelsea vs. InterMilan Champions League Football Match
Match Report (including photos and video) of Chelsea vs InterMilan in their Champions League Clash.
- Lady and the IPL Game
I don't know any woman who likes cricket just for the sport of it.
- Photography Times: Married
Here’s to the Bharathiya Naari – an epitome of Indian tradition.
- Book Review: 10 Easy Walks in Old Delhi
The best way to know and say Hello to a city is walking around.
- Indians in the USA – Their Racial Perspectives
What explains the racism of Indian immigrants to African Americans in the USA?
- Pakistan's Audacity Of Hope
Pakistan is at the top of its game right now. And the US can neither chew nor spit it at this time.
- Fiction: I Am Jill's Spare Tyre
The long journey from nursery to rhymes was fraught with heartless atrocities inflicted on those that built the heart in the first place.
- Book Review: Cuckold
Its a wonder Bollywood has not yet seized this book. It would be a far more gripping story than Jodhaa Akbar.
- Bhagwat Purana Skandha Two, Part Two.
A purana review of the Bhagwata Purana, Skandha Two Part Two.
- Khushboo and Odor
The crux of the issue is not morality, but freedom of speech
- Movie Review: LSD: Love, Sex Aur Dhokha
Don't take your girl out for this one, unless you're looking to give her an excuse to dump you - but if your relationship survives
- Why China Needs Double Digit Growth, Part I
The one thing that bites a country that has a lopsided trade balance towards exports is the currency exchange rate.
- Book Review: Palace of Illusions
The Mahabharatha from Draupadi's perspective
- Why China Needs Double Digit Growth, Part II
It is clear that neither can China afford to beggar the US nor can it ignore it.
- Poetry: random ruptions
random and seguing
- Book Review: Mdantsane Breathing
At Mdantsane ‘hunger is an imagination’ and as ‘country runs on fasting streets’
- Revolutionary Rehabilitation: Marry Your Rapist
Chief Justice of India, K G Balakrishna’s recent remark showed that the element of ridiculousness is alive and well even outside a lame movie script.
- The End of Arranged Marriages?
Arranged marriages are like trying to find a job to satisfy your basic needs.
- March-ing Ahead
Of all the gin joints in the world, Maqbool had to walk into a Gulf Kingdom!
- Pint-Sized Shysters
People don't wake up one fine day and decide they will be obnoxious.
- Bhagwat Purana Skandha Two, Part Three – The Main Reincarnations Of Vishnu
The main reincarnations of Vishnu as enumerated in the Bhagwata Purana, Skandha Two.
- Fiction: I Am Jill's Unfulfilled Desire
Maybe they had both grown older, more able to accept things as they were, less inclined to hide away.
- Fiction: Mundane Living And Forgotten Deeds
Ironically her balding head reminds me of my girlfriend’s young pink skin peeking through the mousy pubic hair.
- poetry: tale of tails
- Can This Rat Race be Halted?
Let’s not get caught up in the same mindless rat race of smaller, better, faster, richer and smarter.
- Amar Singh, Amitabh Bachchan and the Worli Sea Link Controversy
The Congress has revealed its farcical image by condemning Big B, by its petty mind games.
- Should Parents be Made to bear Children’s Marriage Expenses?
Culture of Marriage spending violates freedom and liberty of people.
- What is Thinking?
A room with six people in it suddenly comes into focus. Music rises and falls in the background and a man dressed in a gray
- The New Great Game in Afghanistan
After the two superpowers fighting their turf battles in Afghanistan, it is now the turn of two regional powers India and Pakistan to do the
- Feasting Fasting
If you have to feast, do you HAVE to fast?
- Foot Pain, An English ‘Infection’
Meanwhile I think of the clippity-clop, the beautiful high heeled damsels wishing if only I could have been there during that period.
- Judgement: Death Penalty for Honour Killing
Sushma Tiwari demanded Supreme Court to uphold death penalty for her brother.
- Michael Jordan - The Buzzer Beater
He is the man who never choked up. He always got the job done.
- Mamta Banerjee Facing Dissent Within Her Own Party
One of her more popular MP's, Kabir Suman, is turning out to be more maverick than Mamta
- The Commonwealth Games Have Wrecked Delhi
The Construction activity for the Games makes the whole traffic situation a huge mess
- Khap Panchayat Leader and Others Convicted of Honour Killing
What role does the police and the administration have to play in all this?
« February, 2010 || April, 2010 »
- Photography Times: Guira Cuckoo