« February, 2009
- Archives: March 2009
- CUPE Canada is Anti Peace and Pro-Hate
The crisis is geographical, religious and historical that most of them are biased towards their side, making it difficult.
- Poem: Oxygen
Remain in place of all that is, Awaits you, these moments Of mirth and glory
- Is the World Ready for Prabhakaran’s Death?
None of us will want to see the possibilities detailed in this article to materialise.
- America's Healthcare Crisis, Part I
Whose responsibility is it anyway?
- Material Girl
Diamonds are usually received as gifts, not bought for oneself. Gifted by a man - a father, a brother, a lover, a husband.
- Ramakrishna: A Lover of God
Decomposing the religious epistemological framework of Ramakrishna is futile, he was simply a lover of God.
- Girls, Women and the Legacy of Mahatma Phule
Mahatma Jyotiba Phule and his wife Savitribai were remarkable personalities, especially for their times.
- Cecilia Makiwane Hospital, Symbol of Hope and Courage in South Africa
Cecilia Makiwane Hospital remains a symbol of hope as it is the symbol of anti apartheid struggle, courage and catering to thousands of disadvantaged patients
- Fake Charities and Real Charities
There are fake charities out there which steal twice, once from your pocket involuntarily and once from other deserving causes
- Beyond Love
I have learned that the human spirit at its best, can soar to heights you cannot even begin to imagine. It has taught me that
- America's Foolish CEOs: Medco's Dave Snow Gets The First Award
I think it has a lot to do with poor policies and oversight, individual greed, and last, but not the least, stupid CEOs running corporate
- Poetry: And I Knew Him
And I Knew Him..... A Poem on South Africa
- Movie Review: The Pink Panther 2 – Aishwarya, Retire Gracefully
Instead of wasting money on this movie, buy a popcorn pack and sit before idiot box.
- Educating our Kids - The Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan was launched in 2001 to universalize and improve the quality of elementary education in India.
- Terrorists Attack Sri Lankan Team In Pakistan
Gunmen in Pakistan targeted the Sri Lankan cricket team which was on its way for a match at Gaddafi stadium.
- The God Who Was Lost!
A photo essay on Sanchi and a book review with a dash of history thrown in.
- Attack on Sri Lanka Cricketers - The New Wild Wild West
If India hasnt planned for loose nukes yet, this is the time.
- Indian Cricket - Wear Red Underwear to Win?
Team India lost the first two matches that it played with the new jersey but it is just absurd to blame the new jersey for
- This is Not Cricket
If the ordinary citizen remains detached and uninvolved, then the march into disarray would continue unabated
- Protests Against the British Day of Science - UK War Crimes?
Science and technology do not belong to just one country, and saying there is Zionist science is like saying there is Christian Gravity.
- That Sinking Feeling
As much as we would like to break our shackles, we still feel incredibly burdened by our past.
- Movie Review: The Pink Panther 2 - Pink Diamonds And Jade
Steve Martin as Inspector Clouseau, gives a perfect encore with the flourishy, fumbling, funny Frenchman act.
- Peace is the Business of the Fearless
"Pakistan's Image" is a strange animal.
- Tall and Shrinking Muslims, Short and Growing Europeans
At which point did the Arab world and the Western European world start to flip over in terms of development?
- How Should India Respond to the Attack on Pakistan?
India should be concerned with the Lahore Attacks as such attacks can affect our growing economy
- A Journey That Continues
We’ve set out to do what we think is our pursuit of happiness.
- Gandhi Auction : Vijay Mallya Wins Auction, To Donate to India - Misplaced Priorities?
Would Gandhi himself have worried about his material possessions?
- Poem: Nightingale of Pukhtoonwala (Rehman Baba)
What is it you gained, if gain it is you say, Maimed you have the old past and its land
- Relationship Lawlessness & Social Criminals
The social mores dictated that he not go any further unless he was intending to take it forward seriously.
- Movie Reviews: 13b, Dhoondte Reh Jaoge, Karma Aur Holi
If you are ready to take a peek, let’s go on a roller coaster ride to know what they are about.
- Outrageous Claim in The Lancet: 1,63,000 Indians die in Fire Accidents Yearly
BBC and Time sensationaliZe a research that estimates 1,63,000 people die of fire accidents every year in India.
- WorkExp.Com Goes Offline - The Whisper Board for Bad News
It became a safety valve, in part, for the stressed employee, serving to reinforce, negatively, his feelings about his company.
- Disabled Children Wait up to Two Years for Wheelchairs
It is a shame when a supposedly universal healthcare system lets down disabled children who are desperate for help
- Do You Remember Those Caves? A Poetry Film on Gwalior
do you remember those caves at the foot of the fort where we used to play and the old cemetery we once hid from the
- Lonely at Sixty
There has been a steady rise recently in reports of cases of elderly being abused, harassed and abandoned in India
- America's Healthcare Crisis, Part II - Physician, Heal Thy Profession
That was a different era, an era where physicians were scientists, trained observers and good listeners.
- Health Care at Home
"Diet is the primary source of our health issues. After all we are what we eat."
- Ishq-Mohabbat-Pyaar-Vyaar: A Tribute to Filmy Love
The influence of films hasn’t made matters any easier for those of us struck by Cupid’s arrow.
- The Cons of Singing Karaoke
How far does Karaoke singing help you as a singer?
- Cape Town in 48 Hours
En route to a desert adventure trip in Namibia, I had only 48 hours to spare.
- Book Review: The Next Christendom
What does the future hold for Christianity?
- Changing The Mindset - From Scientists To Entrepreneurs
A talented scientist who comes up with a novel idea won’t have to play office politics or be sycophantic to his/her boss any more.
- Mira Nair, You Are Clever!
Salaam Bombay! is getting re-released! Yes, according to Nair, it will release across the country tentatively in May.
- If the World Becomes Colour Blind...
The importance of colors in our life. Is Holi this year really worth celebrating ?
- Book Review : Identity and Violence by Amartya Sen
Amartya Sen’s book, “Identity and Violence’ examines the connection between violence and our tendency to identify with one key trait.
- All Visitors are Gods, But Some Visitors are Higher Gods
Is it goodness of the heart or racism that makes Asians treat White people so well?
- Poessay: Honesty and Trust
When things do not affect us directly we can afford to be brutally truthful
- Movie Review: 13B - Not Fear's New Address
13B is playing in that rather unfashionable genre of Bollywood horror movies and is over a decade too late.
- Northern Ireland : Peace Will Prevail
Nothing can be achieved through violence and nothing can not be achieved through peaceful negotiations.
- The Catholic Church Once Again Proves It Cares More About Dogma than Humans
The Catholic Church has sunk to the lowest of the low.
- Why Political Dynasties Flourish?
Why do political dynasties exist? How are they different in India from the ones in the US?
- Comic Strip: It's Not A Lie If It Makes Someone Happy
Well, what else is a woman to do?
- A Letter to Our Neighbour
Our neighbours should not allow the army back into power, cynicism is fine but you are playing with your future.
- Poem: Only The Light
Hold it well and keep it close The memories of your past The promise of the future Shine, my friends, shine
- Why Does Ragging Happen?
Next, I would blame the parents who don't believe their children or don't care.
« February, 2009
- CUPE Canada is Anti Peace and Pro-Hate