« December, 2008 || February, 2009 »
- Archives: January 2009
- poetry: january 1, 2009
wish you and those around you / health and peace for the coming months
It isn't tomato-red like the sunburnt Brits, not pink like the pretty Ukrainian stewardess, not chocolate like the African-American passenger in the neighboring cabin. It
- LTTE End-Game - Sri Lankan Army Wins Battle of Kilinochchi
The island of blood might be coming to the end of its military stasis.
- The Facebook Breast Feeding Controversy
Where does the freedom end and the violation begin?
- Aamchi Sarkar Raj
It’s about time we got a guy named Raj who has some balls and breaks the unfortunate image we have associated with that name.
- How Companies React To Major Crisis Events
Managing geo-political and religious adverse events? Lessons for firms from the Mohammad cartoon crisis
- LTTE-China or LTTE-Pakistan Partnership Possible?
Will the Tamil Tigers realign and save themselves from further humiliation by the Sri Lankan army?
- Poessay: Rosary 23: Musings
What if nothing is the vacuum cementing life to death.
For a big city girl, the rural experience was wonderful and relaxing
- Israel’s Gaza Offensive
It is not easy to say that Israel’s actions are justified. There is an election coming.
- Film Review: Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi
Will not be surprised if the DVD gets gifted around for wedding anniversaries.
- Poem For Barack, Michelle, Sasha, and Melia Obama
your silence is intriguing and deafening
- Risk Manager Role With Afghanistan International Bank
Why just an advertisement for a risk manager for an Afghan Bank is a small but good step?
- Movie Review: The Benefits of Doubt
John Patrick Shanley does well to respect and engage his viewer's intelligence by not spelling out a verdict.
- Settle For To Settle Down
Resignation appears to be every committed woman's uniform emotion.
- Kilinochi - Images of the Victory Celebration
Sri Lankan soldiers find interesting memorabilia to celebrate the kilinochi victory.
- Life Is All About Me For A Change
I am a classic case of a woman following a clean life. And it sucks! Everything is a big - No!
- Satyam Board Dissolved, Peer Review Audit Of Nifty Stocks Ordered
As the year progresses, it is already evident that this will be a year of many surprises, and things will only get darker before any
- Movie Review: Slumdog Millionaire
Do not expect poetry but pithy prose
- What if the New York Times Did Not Exist?
What will happen to our web 2.0 world and society at large if the NY Times folds?
- Supersized Kids - Don't Do What America Does
This time bomb is ticking for many other countries as well that imitate the American life style.
- Ramalinga Raju's Satyam Crimes, Self-Interest, & Moral Paralysis
Holding self-interest as amoral results in moral paralysis. One can no longer say that fraud is wrong irrespective of the motives behind it.
- 2009 - Freedom From Fear
Fear is what we, the people of India, gave ourselves on Independence. Fear of the unknown, fear of the other.
- Will Technology Ever Marry Public Services?
In the 21st century, we can imagine a world where everything important is digital and user-friendly, except services involving the government.
- Sanjay Dutt a Security Threat - Ram Jethmalani
His stand against Bollywood’s Munnabhai, labeling him as security threat to the nation, to me appears to be nothing but letmegetbackatya aka a revenge scheme.
- India And Pakistan - Hide and Seek
When a diplomat says, he will, he means he shall try, when he says he will try, he means no, and when he says no,
- Sri Lanka: Lasantha Wickrematunge, Journalist, Predicted Own Murder
How far would you believe the news coming out of a country that Human rights groups call as one of the most dangerous places in
- South Africa, A New Destiny
South African politics at a critical juncture
- The Emotion Analyzer
Personally I don't see any problem in being analytical about relationships. After all, your emotions are your most valuable resource.
- Amitabh Bachchan: Slumdog Millionaire Shows India as Third World's Dirty Underbelly
Can you imagine what it would do to our international image if people saw that we have dirty railway stations and snotty street-children?
- Tapan Sinha Left Us Today
FimmakerTapan Sinha born on 2 October 1924, left us today
- Miracle on Hudson: All Survive US Plane Crash in New York
The plane had barely gained altitude when an engine appeared to blow and the pilot warned passengers to brace themselves.
- BBC Series Review: The Story of India
Telling the story of India that spans over 10,000 years within 6 hours is indeed a Herculean task.
- Book Review : The Jewel of Medina
Is it ethical to write a book which caricatures a person who is the cornerstone of a particular religion?
- MTV Roadies - Hell Began In India
I watched them fuck around with people who could best be classified as losers
- Photo Essay: Smell of an Indian Bazaar
Russell Market is one of the oldest markets in Bangalore and it was built in 1927.
- Bollywood's Coming Of Age
The Hindi movies I have been watching lately have the triumphs and fantasy that escapism offers and the realistic depiction of earthy stories that art
- UK Maths Failures 'cost £2.4bn'
Not learning mathematics has an economic cost. In the case of the UK, its £2.4 Billion
- My Upcoming Film: CoolKat Urbanoir - Life in Amrika
A rough outline of my film 'CoolKat Urbanoir', a gritty tale of real life in Amrika inspired by 'Slumdog Millionaire'.
- China's Emergence and the Case Against Collectivism
The failures of collectivist political systems or China's success is not related to the case against collectivism
- MTV Roadies - Hell Between The Legs
MTV Roadies-Hell Down Under seems to have turned gorgeous Rajasthan into a simmering desert of politicking,kitty-fights,shit-picking rigor,ball-whacking terror and tears of sadness.
- Does Palmistry Work?
Does Palmistry work? Of course it does and here is Cambridge University confirming it too.
This person was very 'normal' in his body language and expression. Still I'm quite certain I'd have caught him on my gaydar.
- Modified Thoughts of the Communist Party of India
Abdullakutty, MP belonging to CPM was suspended by Marxists, due to Modi phobia.
- Gaza 2009 - Rudderless Invasion: Wasted Lives and Opportunities
The one lesson that is obvious and obviously unlearned by Israelis and Palestinians is that force is not the solution.
- poessay: the one time...
the one time a bullet could be recalled...Arch Duke Ferdinand...runners-up JFK, MLK, Gandhi, LAK...
- Pressure Mounting in Southern India to Stop LTTE-Sri Lanka War
The mounting pressure from southern India over the Sri Lankan issue is nearing its boiling point.
- CrPC Amendment Will Reduce Arrests of Innocent People
The burden on police and jails will reduce and it will improve India's Human Rights Record. But, why lawyers are protesting?
- Barack Obama Inaugurated As 44th President of the United States
Barack Obama changed the world and American Politics as he was inaugurated as the 44th President of the United States.
- Book Review Comdex : Computer Course Kit - Windows Vista with Office 2007
A good book to gift someone who is just learning to use computers
- Bimaru States In India
The bimaru millstone states around India's neck
- The World And President Obama: A Reason For The Romance
We are a generation that has set ourselves apart and see in this new President, a lot of ourselves and a little of who we
- A Landmark Love Story
Come Friday and I'm making no plans, except to trek back to my favorite bookspot and just savour the feeling of being able to walk
- Spice, Spouse & Migraine
Migraine could be avoided than cured, but spouse could neither be cured nor avoided.
- Rambling Reflections on a Presidential Inauguration
Change? I don't have any.
- The Audacity of Hope Becomes Reality
As the audacity of hope becomes a reality for Obama, there are cynics who are waiting for him to fail.
- Putting My Faith In Hope
I would like us to trust the power of the common will.
- Movie Review: Slumdog Millionaire - Shock and Aww
A film that wants to both be a fairy-tale and capture urban poverty but falters on both counts.
- Changes To Indian Arrest Laws
Cannot arrest a person accused of committing a crime with a sentence of less than 7 years
- poetry: different suns
tomorrow is another sunrise away for you
- Eliminating Indo-Pak Tensions
So what can be done to permanently eliminate the tension?
- Book Review: Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning
Goldberg argues that liberals are a lot more fascist than conservatives.
- California is Becoming the Pakistan of the USA
The financial challenges of managing a state like California
- Change Has Come to America. What About India?
We bypass the government, treating it as irrelevant or worse, a hindrance. And it is.
- T is for Tanpura not Sitar; it's Good to Know the Difference
In my highly prejudiced opinion, every Indian who is able, i.e. has access to this knowledge, should know the difference between these instruments.
- MTV Roadies: The Hellish Indian Mentality Laid Bare
The ugly underbelly of India was laid bare in all its festering rottenness and the episode left a sour taste in my mouth.
- Poessay: Rosary 24 - Monologue
I will, if I chose to, deny - deny life, death or soul. That is my sole prerogative.
- Nature And Women
Nature intended man to be the tiller and woman to be the earth.
- The Oscar Best Picture Nominees - A Comparative Review
They brim with heartwarming pathos while each reveals the darkness within.
- What Would We Do If We Cared More For Indian Poor?
Is India doing enough for its poor?
- Political Systems And Success
Is it possible for an ideology that is inferior from a moral standpoint to actually succeed in history
- S is for Sitar and Surbahar
One hopes the coolness quotient of Indian music will improve over time.
- Obama, Terrorism and Kashmir
Kashmir is no longer a territorial dispute, but a part of the global fight against Islamic fundamentalism.
- Citizen Safety and Law Enforcement
Who am I? I live in your city and I am the girl next door.
- Friends Don’t Let Friends Torture and Murder in the Name of National Security
A recently released report presents verifiable quantitative findings suggesting systematic human rights violations by security forces in Punjab.
- Will The Satyam Probe be Fair?
Links between the Andhra Government and the former Satyam chief
- LTTE & Sri Lanka: The Paradigm Shift in Public Opinion
It is not the actions of LTTE or their goals, but the flouting of human values by the Sri Lankan armed forces that has caused
- Shalom, Salam and Hello
Three seminal events that will cast their shadows for long.
- Terrorism and Its Objectives
When terrorists operate from obscure locations doing the obvious, some persons invent obscure reasons for the obvious.
- Should Mental Illnesses Be Disclosed To Employers?
Until society starts to accept mental illness as just another ailment, the mentally ill should be allowed to conceal their affliction
- Barkha Dutt And NDTV, The Joke Is On You!
So Chyetanya Kunte is the latest victim of media intimidation. I'm not going to rehash the same excellent...
- Searching for the Indian Obama
To find the Indian Barack Obama, look to a competent, clean, inspirational politician, irrespective of his identity - racial, class or otherwise.
- Mangalore: Special Insider's Report by PM, Head of the SRSena
Yes, so let me describe to you our heroic feat in Mangalore.
- Negative Voting is Positive for India
Having 'None of the above' option on the ballot machines can help cleanse the political rot.
- An Open Letter to Hillary Clinton on the Sri Lankan Issue
A few predator drones could save 250,000 human shields from captivity under the LTTE
- Will the Communist Party of India Be Banned?
CPM is striving to establish a "proletarian dictatorship based on socialism and communism"
- Slumdog Millionaire - A Millionaire for sure but an Oscar?
In fact its a superb film, one that takes you on a ride which is fast, crisp and exhilarating.
- An Open Letter To Arindam Chaudhuri
It's true, the movie has a Dark side about it, but again why do Indians always want happy movies.
- Freedom, Pub Culture, and the Police State
Bangalore is already going down the slippery slope of becoming a police state.
- Commercialization of News Media in India
In India, the media careens between froth, marketing, reporting, opinion, and reacting. Seriousness is often dislodged by commercialism:
« December, 2008 || February, 2009 »
- poetry: january 1, 2009